View Full Version : Have you ever witnessed any gang activity?

spa ced
10-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Yes.
Back in 94 I believe I came home from school with my cousins and we were watching TV when all of a sudden we heard shouting.
We look outside the window and see 9 or 10 huge guys kicking the shit out of some other guy. Keep in mind that this was the days of the Redwing (steel toe worker's boots for those that haven't heard of them) so you can imagine what that poor guy had to go through.
This happened in the south side of San Antonio.
From that day on, I rarely left the house to hang out outside with the other neighborhood kids. My cousins moved away around the same time and so that also helped to keep me inside.

Never Leave Me
10-30-2003, 10:24 AM
Yes.
I saw a guy get shot right outside my home school right next to a church. The odd thing was that both of the people didn't even attend my school.

spa ced
10-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Never Leave Me
Yes.
I saw a guy get shot right outside my home school right next to a church. The odd thing was that both of the people didn't even attend my school.

So you saw him get shot?
What happened next?

twice
10-30-2003, 10:42 AM
i've lived in the ghetto for the majority of my life, so i pretty much see it everyday. when we were young, my parents didn't allow my brother and i to play outside unless they went with- which really sucked- but even then i witnessed shit go down. most of the time they don't mess with people who aren't in gangs, but the one occasion i witnessed was when they mugged and killed an older man- they first beat him with a bat and then stabbed him in the chest and in the eye...this happened so quickly all we could do was call for an ambulance. i must have been around 6 or something. besides that- i've seen three guys get shot within the perimeter of two city blocks. i've been to three funerals for my friends from school that were results of gang-affiliated violence.

hmm. i don't really know what to say because it's something i've pretty much grown accustomed to having to deal with once i step outside.

spa ced
10-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by twice
i've lived in the ghetto for the majority of my life, so i pretty much see it everyday. when we were young, my parents didn't allow my brother and i to play outside unless they went with- which really sucked- but even then i witnessed shit go down. most of the time they don't mess with people who aren't in gangs, but the one occasion i witnessed was when they mugged and killed an older man- they first beat him with a bat and then stabbed him in the chest and in the eye...this happened so quickly all we could do was call for an ambulance. i must have been around 6 or something. besides that- i've seen three guys get shot within the perimeter of two city blocks. i've been to three funerals for my friends from school that were results of gang-affiliated violence.

hmm. i don't really know what to say because it's something i've pretty much grown accustomed to having to deal with once i step outside.

*sigh*

twice
10-30-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by spa ced

*sigh* ?

spa ced
10-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Also, there were two families on my block that had several gang members in them. The younger males.
Well also on the next block was a family with a gang member.
So one of the families on one side of the block started fighting with one on the other (who knows who started it first).
The night it all came to a climax was when my family and I were watching TV and all of a sudden we hear gunshots.
The gang member who belonged to the family that lived the next block over had attempted to murder one of the guys that lived on my block.
A few days later someone set fire to the house of the guy who lived on the other side of the block that had attempted the murder. None of them died but that family lost everything and had to move.

spa ced
10-30-2003, 10:55 AM
?

I'm sighing at the fact that youv'e seen 3 guys get shot.

Never Leave Me
10-30-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by spa ced

So you saw him get shot?
What happened next?
An ambulance came for the guy that got shot. The rest of the thugs ran off. I was pretty shocked when it happened, ehm I never thought stuff like that could really happen. :\

Nimrod's Son
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
I used to watch a show that glorified gangs when I was a kid:
http://www2.animationusa.com/picts/satam/leadfata.gif

SPZero
10-30-2003, 05:23 PM

dont you live in chicago? where abouts do you live?

Junebug
10-30-2003, 05:34 PM
one time when I was walking home i saw some guy spray painting little marks/squiggles on a little wooden brigde right near my house. It always got spray painted and people had to paint over it all the time. I called the local police and they came and asked me about it and left. :erm. I found out later it was a guy who went to my junior high and stuff. crazy kid. but that's it. sorry.

I_was_aborted
10-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Too bad all these guys aren't more efficient at killing each other. Maybe then they would kill each other off.

pink_ribbon_scars
10-30-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm sure I've met and seen a lot more gang members than I realize, but the only time I've ever been aware of it has been when I interviewed some people about their body ornamentation and several of the people I talked to were gang or ex-gang members with their gang's tattoos. I found out MOM in a tattoo not only means Mom, but also Money or Murder. All this is nothing compared to you guys. That's wild, I can't imagine being aware of, much less wittnessing, gang related violence when I was 5.

Never Leave Me
10-30-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Too bad all these guys aren't more efficient at killing each other. Maybe then they would kill each other off.

ha I always hope for that.:D

Isle
10-30-2003, 06:37 PM
i've nearly been mugged, but somehow i managed to get away:erm
also once at night i was walking through a train station in bumtown with a friend, and noone else was around apart from about 5 guys our age, all drunk, pathetic and nasty as hell. we only got out of it because my friend was pretty well respected in the area and "had connections". the lead guy(who has been arrested for basically everything except murder...so far) came right up and starting walking into me and nudging me saying "'ere wtf do you think ur doing prick" and stuff like that constantly for about a minute trying to provoke me until my friend managed to get us out of it.
it was pretty scary. he was drunk, had been bragging to his crew about how he had a knife on him, he was wearing his hood over his head (as is the style these days), his breath wreaked of puke and cheap booze and was as ugly as hell.
i remember considering my options: i could push him out the way and run for it, pretend to go absolutely mental and confuse them for a moment and still run for it, grab his balls and squeeze them to shit (which i REALLY didn't want to do) or push him and send him falling backwards down a long concrete stairway and hopefully to his doom.
i was pretty shaken afterwards.
i guess the moral of the story is "don't go walking through bumtown at 2am"

:(

Never Leave Me
10-30-2003, 06:53 PM
http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/53567D_GardenerT.jpg

I carry that around with me when i go out.

vanilla
10-30-2003, 06:56 PM
my brother got jumped at Camp Snoopy, mall of america. and they stole his starter jacket. that's about as close to gang activity.
otherwise there was this group of 4 wigger girls in my highschool. they named themselves the FUBU crew, and they wanted to beat me up. but they didn't scare me. i could have kicked their asses. i'm a tough girl.

kiwi
10-30-2003, 06:59 PM
A meth lab that was operating in the hotel across the street from us exploded and burnt the whole thing down when I was 16.

Twasn't a very good smell :/

I_was_aborted
10-30-2003, 07:06 PM
I was at the Redline train on the southside of Chicago one day at about 11am. Its semi-ghetto where I was at...and I was wearing a nice leather jacket I have that goes below my kness...you know what I mean, one of those 70's pimp jackets. I'm sure I looked like some semi-yuppie college student(this is close to Univ. of Chicago campus) and I was just waiting on my train. I was standing in a corner. This thug just a little shorter then me walks up to me cornering me in and says, "Hey, you ever heard of a gun?" He looks down at a bulge poking out of his jacket where his hand was. He could have had a gun or not...who knows.

He then proceeded to say, "Give me all yo money!"
I say, "Pftt I don't have any."
Then he says, "Give me your cd player!"
I say, "No."
Once again he proclaims, "Give me 'dem headphones 'den!"
I'm like, "No."
Then in a last feeble attempt to get something he says, "I want that jacket!"

I pretty much laughed at him and bumped into him to get around him. He didn't do shit. He wasn't a real gangsta. This fucking prick thought he would be able to scare me like some fucking little bitch. I know its a stupid stand to make...especially over a few dollars or a jacket...but no mother fucker is going to get shit from me without putting the gun right to my head or fighting me until I'm no longer concious. I'm fed up with stupid people who want something for nothing and I won't put up with it anymore. Now I live in a neighborhood full of homosexuals so I don't really have to deal with this type of person anymore.

Never Leave Me
10-30-2003, 07:37 PM
[i]
He then proceeded to say, "Give me all yo money!"
I say, "Pftt I don't have any."
Then he says, "Give me your cd player!"
I say, "No."
Once again he proclaims, "Give me 'dem headphones 'den!"
I'm like, "No."
Then in a last feeble attempt to get something he says, "I want that jacket!"

:rofl:
I bet that guy felt pretty stupid afterwards.

I_was_aborted
10-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Or scared, I was a good 5 inches taller than him and probably 30 pounds heavier. I should have threw him onto the train tracks.

twice
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by SPZero

dont you live in chicago? where abouts do you live? the Pilsen area.

lawson
10-30-2003, 08:32 PM
my middle school was in the ghetto and once i was walking on the opposite side of the street (the ghetto side!) not really paying attention when i looked to my left and about 15 feet away 7 black guys were beating the shit out of some poor bastard.

i just kept walking and got in my mom's lexus.

pale blue eyes
10-30-2003, 08:50 PM
During my semester in community college, I saw a guy shoot into a barbershop across the street. He ran off and it ended up he had shot and killed a kid when the guy he was aiming at tried to hide behind a 5 year-old there with his mom :(

Alice
10-30-2003, 09:16 PM
A couple friends of mine got robbed of like $45 while I was inside a donut shop. They decided to walk back behind the building while they were waiting. So, this guy comes back there with his hand and what he claims is a gun under his jacket and tells them to give him their money. Me, being the jackass that I am, walked over at this point, heard the guy say he had a gun, and hid. So the two of them give up their money then the guy backs away, starts laughing, pulls his hand out of his jacket and shows them the screwdriver that they thought was a gun and ran. I don't really think this was gang related, but it's a funny story. I laughed at them for a long time after I come out from behind the trash can.

dusty
10-30-2003, 09:29 PM
i saw a drive by one day on the way home from church.
(true story).

machinaddict
10-30-2003, 11:32 PM
I'm waiting for a Canadian to answer.
oh wait.

Ihaman
10-31-2003, 12:55 AM
Not since I moved to San Diego, but pretty much every day in Albuquerque, violent or not.

FearFactory
10-31-2003, 01:04 AM
Everyday. I AM in a gang.

Ihaman
10-31-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by ******
does a gang bang count?

Even if it did, you still haven't witnessed it.

Ihaman
10-31-2003, 01:06 AM

just a question brutha.

*snaps fingers 3 times in z-motion*

FearFactory
10-31-2003, 01:07 AM
does a gang bang count?

How many cocks can you fit inside your body's orifices at once?

FearFactory
10-31-2003, 01:16 AM

i didn't say participating. that's a whole different thread for me.

way to avoid the question.

by the way, I heard you give head for $100

jaxx
10-31-2003, 01:31 AM

thank goodness you have lots of sex and drugs at a young age to help you cope.

twice
10-31-2003, 01:46 AM
yes, thank goodness for sex and drugs.

dusty
10-31-2003, 01:46 AM
swallow or spit? ain't no way i swallow for $100.

Originally posted by FearFactory
you're a faggot.

barden
11-02-2003, 04:20 AM
Haha, all these American Bad Asses?
We're all the gangs black, hmmm?
Ha!
Yeah, I've seen a bit of gang related violence. But here in South Africa we dont get that very often. Hahaha.

I think South African gangs would eat your American gangs. But thats just a little South African pride leaking out. Hey, maybe we have one of the highest crime rates in the world cause we're good at it!

barden
11-02-2003, 04:23 AM
Brazillian gangs are pretty hardcore too. I think that has a lot to do with how much political power they have. Or not really political power, but complete political apathy. No one can do anything about them! Keep giving us our drugs!

barden
11-03-2003, 01:37 AM
Was this supposed to be some deep insight into my intention?
Maybe if you dont understand I wasn't talking to you, so you dont have to bother your pretty little head.

Yay, back to work! Wont be available for any replies, feel free to 'burn' me in my abscence!