View Full Version : QUES: 05.23.00, Universial ...

Schack
10-24-2002, 06:36 AM
Hi

Does all copies of this show has skips/pops throughout the shows. I've been trading for this show a couple of times, and never gotten a flawless one.

Thanks

ziggy
10-24-2002, 11:50 AM
I had the same problem with the MD source, but the DAT recording (DPA-4061>M1) is clean.

Schack
10-24-2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks. I'll start looking for the DAT-source, then ....

Hey, anybody got the DAT-recording and wanna trade for it?

Brute Squad
10-24-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by ziggy
I had the same problem with the MD source, but the DAT recording (DPA-4061>M1) is clean.

Since when is the DAT recording circulating? I've seen a lot of people label the source info for 5/23/00 as DPA-4061>M1, because it was the only source info on spfc. Maybe it got out, but from what I heard, the taper didn't want it getting out, like 4/24/99 did. Of course, this is info is at least good year old, and I don't really trade much SP anymore.

ziggy
10-24-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong

Since when is the DAT recording circulating? I've seen a lot of people label the source info for 5/23/00 as DPA-4061>M1, because it was the only source info on spfc. Maybe it got out, but from what I heard, the taper didn't want it getting out, like 4/24/99 did. Of course, this is info is at least good year old, and I don't really trade much SP anymore.

I have it for 5 or 6 months now, i don't think it's really circulating. The person who gave it me asked me not to trade it

Apart
10-24-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong

Maybe it got out, but from what I heard, the taper didn't want it getting out, like 4/24/99 did. Of course, this is info is at least good year old

Yep, tragic consequences occured once that show got out....understandable.
And yea, that probably is info is at least good year old.

Age Of Empathy
10-25-2002, 07:37 PM

I don't think it's been massively spread or anything, but people have it. The taper did say not to trade it out, but most AUD recordings get out anyways. I have both the MD and the DAT source and IMO, the DAT isn't that much better.

Halteh
10-25-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy

I don't think it's been massively spread or anything, but people have it. The taper did say not to trade it out, but most AUD recordings get out anyways. I have both the MD and the DAT source and IMO, the DAT isn't that much better.
I really don't think you have the dat version, man. You really need to be aware of the lineage in your recordings so you can track them back all the way to the taper.

Age Of Empathy
10-26-2002, 01:18 AM
I really don't think you have the dat version, man. You really need to be aware of the lineage in your recordings so you can track them back all the way to the taper.

I didn't think I did either, but I do infact have both. The MD source I have is complete and so is the other version which is not the VID source, so I assume it's the DAT. The fist disc of the show is cracked however so I wouldn't trade out a flawed show.

np: beck nobodys fault but my own

GhostChild
10-26-2002, 02:23 PM
Unless anyone got the DPA-4061 DAT source from Ed Davis (the taper), Ben Golomb, Jason Guzman (I think I gave it to you?) or myself, then you don't have it. It's not the greatest recording in the world either...just like the DPA 5/21 I have sitting here too...probably better off with a different less screamer source.

Age Of Empathy
10-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by GhostChild
Unless anyone got the DPA-4061 DAT source from Ed Davis (the taper), Ben Golomb, Jason Guzman (I think I gave it to you?) or myself, then you don't have it. It's not the greatest recording in the world either...just like the DPA 5/21 I have sitting here too...probably better off with a different less screamer source.

Hmmmm, maybe I don't have it .... I really gotta keep track of my trades...