View Full Version : Illinois thrift stores

Scream
09-25-2002, 02:19 PM
I hear girls talking about going to canadian thrift store on hear all the time so I was wondering if anyone knew any good thrift stores in Illinois. Especially in the downtown chicago area.

Why Am I So Ugly?
09-25-2002, 02:21 PM
this is what i say to that

<BGSOUND SRC="http://www.createafart.com/wav/0912.wav">

KrazeeStacee
09-25-2002, 02:22 PM
There's one on Central near Addison (not really downtown, but nw chicago area) that's supposedly really cool. Also, I've found a lot of cool shit at Ragstock, even though I don't like them that much.

If you live in the NW chicago area, there's tons, I just forget the exact addresses of a lot of them.

------------------
http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/katitious/sig.jpg

SPZero
09-25-2002, 04:18 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin:
There's one on Central near Addison (not really downtown, but nw chicago area) that's supposedly really cool. Also, I've found a lot of cool shit at Ragstock, even though I don't like them that much.

If you live in the NW chicago area, there's tons, I just forget the exact addresses of a lot of them.

</font>

The one on central is called the village thrift store. I used to go there all the time to get stuff. Pretty good selection of stuff. Also if you go down milwuakee you will find alot of them as well. They are all over chicago.

SPZero
09-25-2002, 04:19 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by KrazeePumpkin:

</font>

The one on central is called the village thrift store. I used to go there all the time to get stuff. Pretty good selection of stuff. Also if you go down milwuakee you will find alot of them as well. They are all over chicago.

KrazeeStacee
09-25-2002, 04:32 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by SPZero:
The one on central is called the village thrift store. I used to go there all the time to get stuff. Pretty good selection of stuff. Also if you go down milwuakee you will find alot of them as well. They are all over chicago.</font>

Yeah the Village Thrift Store is by my house, but I don't think that was the one my friend was talking about.

Also go by Harlem & Grand area, they have a lot of stores over there, but some of them are crappy.

SPheart9
09-25-2002, 06:31 PM
there are a zillion thrift stores in the city....and about 20 villages.

my personal favourite village is on damen and roscoe-take the brown line to paulina and walk down roscoe to the west.

there's also a great record store on paulina and roscoe-it's called record emporium.

twice
09-25-2002, 09:03 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by SPheart9:
record emporium.</font>

scorcholatte
09-25-2002, 09:05 PM
*breaks air*

------------------
http://members.fortunecity.com/butterflysedge/ff8animatedgifs/moomba.gif
Wonderland! youkoso kiminiwa Fairyland! ai no mahou nano
Love's all way! Mainichi fuwafuwa komugi no yuuwaku - Azumanga Daioh

Oblivious
09-25-2002, 09:07 PM
i would also have to go with village discount. they are all over the place and they have the best prices and the best selections.

------------------
http://cheez125.homestead.com/files/CAYNIB0R.jpg

KrazeeStacee
09-25-2002, 10:39 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by SPheart9:
there are a zillion thrift stores in the city....and about 20 villages.

my personal favourite village is on damen and roscoe-take the brown line to paulina and walk down roscoe to the west.

there's also a great record store on paulina and roscoe-it's called record emporium.</font>

Thats the place with the big Greatest Hits thing in the window right? My boyfriend knows the guy who works there, they have like so much shit they're getting rid of.

Scream
09-27-2002, 12:03 PM
What's the exact address to the village thrift store on central and Ragstock?

SPheart9
09-28-2002, 03:43 PM
<font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Originally posted by Scream:
What's the exact address to the village thrift store on central and Ragstock?</font>

there are two ragstocks in the city.

one is in the loop on Wabash(i think) between jackson and monroe.

the other is on the north side of the city, to the east of the belmont/clark intersection.

they're both up-stairs stores, and to get into the one on the northside you have to go into the alley next to hollywood mirror.

KingJeremy
01-26-2003, 05:09 PM
I used to know of a lot of good thrift stores when I used to live in Illinois. I wish I could think of some off the top of my head. :(

Toast
01-26-2003, 05:31 PM
I hate Illinois thrift stores.

[/Elwood Blues]

Red Wine Cage
01-26-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by SPheart9

the other is on the north side of the city, to the east of the belmont/clark intersection.
when i visited last year, i think this one of them that i went to.

and ragstock rules. i got my frank sinatra brim hat for $1.