View Full Version : band name poll

Isle
10-26-2003, 01:11 PM
we've gigged under all the following names, but we're trying to decide on one, which one do you like think is best for a dark right-wing alt-rock band:

Dark White
Scum Angel
Twisted Smile
The Michael Barrymore Experience:rolleyes:

Oblivious
10-26-2003, 01:20 PM
out of those?

uh, dark white i guess.

vanilla
10-26-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Isle
we've gigged under all the following names, but we're trying to decide on one, which one do you like think is best for a dark right-wing alt-rock band:

Dark White
Scum Angel
Twisted Smile
scum angel. are you a punk band?

Isle
10-26-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by vanilla

are you a punk band?

no, i just think the name has an edge to it...

MstrGhost
10-26-2003, 01:28 PM
Scum Smile

spa ced
10-26-2003, 01:30 PM
How about The Fucktards?

Isle
10-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by spa ced
How about The Fucktards?

one of our earlier names was Fuckface Inc.

Harry Kellerman
10-26-2003, 02:01 PM

one of our earlier names was Fuckface Inc.

you should go with that one. it makes me smile.

DeadOpera
10-26-2003, 04:52 PM

Dark White Cum Angel

shaniqua
10-26-2003, 04:54 PM
a dark right-wing alt-rock band
creed.

In-Valid
10-26-2003, 05:01 PM

Dark White
Scum Angel
Twisted Smile

hah. Those are all awful. The first three sound like 80's hard rock/metal bands.

heck Isle is a better band name !!

see if "Me, Mom, & Morganteller" is copyrighted. It was an old 'funk/rock' band in Canada. Morganteller was a famous abortion doctor & well the rest of the name should be clear from that. :p

Isle
10-26-2003, 05:48 PM
Know what, I think I'll just call the band "Us":D

Isle
10-26-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by shaunna

creed.

ooh, witty:rolleyes:

Isle
10-26-2003, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by In-Valid

"hah. Those are all awful. The first three sound like 80's hard rock/metal bands."

I know, I like them because subconsciously people will associate us with cheese metal, showing our ironic/funny side.

"heck Isle is a better band name !!"

Yeah, something along those lines...actually, speaking of usernames i was considering calling the band 2 Marlon 2 Brando. hilarious:D

"see if "Me, Mom, & Morganteller" is copyrighted. It was an old 'funk/rock' band in Canada. Morganteller was a famous abortion doctor & well the rest of the name should be clear from that. :p "

how the hell did you come up with that crap? i love it, but it's still a very random slice of crap. *thinks*

Mooney
10-26-2003, 08:02 PM
too bad 'the band' is already taken. that's the coolest band name ever.

siamesegod
10-26-2003, 08:36 PM
how about "smshing the pumpkins"??

i'm tired... i should go to sleep now

Ghetto_Squirrel
10-27-2003, 02:15 AM
How about The Fucktards?

You're a fucktard, Isle.

Ann Ominous
10-27-2003, 09:13 AM
Me and My Shitty Band.

Isle
10-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Ann Ominous
Me and My Shitty Band.

brilliant:rofl:

ravenguy2000
10-27-2003, 12:20 PM
How about The Fucktards?

I know the guys in the Fuckshits. They would be proud.

I_was_aborted
10-27-2003, 12:42 PM
Seriously all of those names make me laugh. Its like a few mentally challenged kids were faced with the task of coming up with something to sound "dark and evil".

Man, I bet your songs are even worse then your band name.

Boner
10-27-2003, 12:53 PM
Dudes With 'Tudes

Egadsman
10-27-2003, 01:31 PM
The Placenta Pink Pottery Factory

Isle
10-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by I_was_aborted
Seriously all of those names make me laugh. Its like a few mentally challenged kids were faced with the task of coming up with something to sound "dark and evil".

Man, I bet your songs are even worse then your band name.

like i said, we're not being serious about it- we hate the concept of having to have a bandname, so we're choosing the shittiest cheesiest names we can think of. hey how about "the aborted". and yeah, our songs are absolutely terrible, we'd make you proud.

I_was_aborted
10-27-2003, 04:03 PM
Ummm Okay?

sleeper
10-27-2003, 06:01 PM
i think an aspect of band names that is not often explored is in the grammar of it. theyre always nouns or pronouns of words that could easily be verbs. instead of "the strokes", how about "the strokers". or if thats too sexual, just drop the "the" thing and you could get something like "strokes", which is much more avant-garde. "the hibernates" or "hibernator". "the stills" or "stilled". it can get cheesy and pretentious depending on the word. i thought of a few really interesting a creative ideas for band names but i wont share them with you, because there is still time for me to be in a band. i know whats what

Harry Kellerman
10-27-2003, 06:06 PM

like i said, we're not being serious about it- we hate the concept of having to have a bandname, so we're choosing the shittiest cheesiest names we can think of. hey how about "the aborted". and yeah, our songs are absolutely terrible, we'd make you proud.

SUGGESTION:

1-800-ASS-HATS

Isle
10-27-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Harry Kellerman

SUGGESTION:

1-800-ASS-HATS

lol

on a different note, i was just watching a nirvana video and realized, what a fucking great name that is for a band. it's reasonably meaningful, ironic (seeing as they were grunge), easy to remember and they probably didn't have to think for ages to come up with it. plus, they were the perfect band for the name.
fuck. I think my band'll have to go back to Fuckface Inc.