View Full Version : The FAFSA/loan process

spa ced
10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
This whole process is going to take me three months. ;(
This is horrible.
Is this just as bad for everyone else, or am I being picked on?

twilightfadez
10-23-2002, 04:38 PM
i've been so lucky i've always gotten grants instead of loans....but yeah it takes a while, that's why you have to be sure to fill everything out a long time before and double check with your school to make sure no papers are missing

jenn
10-23-2002, 04:39 PM
^ me too. it's a pain in the ass, but it's worth it when they give you hella money.

Sepiae
10-23-2002, 06:27 PM
This sums up my experience:

"Why the hell do they need to know that? You send a letter to the school (as though this was univeristy-particular!) and ask them why the hell they think they need to know this goddamned much about my income!"

Repeat ad nauseam.

spa ced
10-23-2002, 06:31 PM
The lady helping me with this whole process is just not doing a good job. First she tells me I'm not eligable for anything, then she tells me I'm eligable for 2 K per semester. Now she called today and told me she made an error and I'm not eligable and I need to get papers from 2 of my past employers and then after that maybe I'll be eligable.

Sepiae
10-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by sp_aced
The lady helping me with this whole process is just not doing a good job. First she tells me I'm not eligable for anything, then she tells me I'm eligable for 2 K per semester. Now she called today and told me she made an error and I'm not eligable and I need to get papers from 2 of my past employers and then after that maybe I'll be eligable.

I stand corrected. I think you are being picked on.

Are you not a dependent?

Boner
10-23-2002, 06:36 PM
My advice is to just extort the money from Montgomery County.

Call them and say: "I will not stop killing until you give me $10,000."

You may go to prison for extortion but your 15 minutes would certainly be worth it.

jared
10-23-2002, 11:34 PM
know this: people who work in financial aid office's at schools are fucking morons

i work and correspond with them every day at my job, dont wait for them to get things done keep pounding them

*shameless plug*
www.educaid.com for all of your student loan needs!

frail_and_bedazzled
10-23-2002, 11:46 PM
the must frustrating thing in history, especially when you transfer schools and NOBODY will fucking give a straight answer about anything.

Mayfuck
10-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by frail_and_bedazzled
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]