View Full Version : WWE No Mercy Predictions

strange_one
10-19-2003, 04:58 AM
<font color=33FFFF> I'll start off with one prediction - I predict this will have the worst buyrate of the year for any WWE PPV. almost all matches have had no great build-up, and the match that has had build-up is a joke. anyway:

Mattitude Vs Zach Gowen
I didn't know this feud was even still going. oh well it will be nice to see Gowen get destroyed again

Benoit Vs A-Train
just another slapped-together match. benoit will take some heavy bumps though probably and I think this will go no-contest

Kurt Angle Vs John Cena
will probably be the best match of the night, even though that isn't saying alot. the midget-angle on smackdown this past week was pretty funny. angle will obliterate the rapper though. ooh-kaaaayyy. you know what would be great, I read it online somewhere today, a Macho Man and Cena rap battle at WM20

Tajiri Vs Rey Rey
hey look, another first-hour-of-smackdown match! Jamie Noble will interfere because his whore girlfriend got the green mist in her face, but Tajiri will still retain

Eddie Vs The Big Show
I won't lie, I thought that when Eddie snuck that laxative stuff into the taco was pretty funny, watching big slow on the toilet and all that. but with the sewage truck it just got lame. who cares, no matter what match you have big show in it just won't be anything but forgettable. no way will eddie lose his title

Vince Vs Stephanie
Why, vince, can't you open your eyes and ears and realize that noone wants to see this stupid fucking match. and smackdown ratings have been going down, I wonder why! fuck this shit, I almost didn't order this event based on this match alone. it will be ridiculous, but vince will win, not that it means anything

Lesnar Vs Taker
well the biker chain should make things interesting, even though I'm not entirely sure how the chain plays into it. is it the first person to get the chain and belt the opponent the winner? I don't know. Lesnar will retain though

where's the fucking survior series when you need it?</font>

Sean Casey
10-19-2003, 04:59 AM
Just try to find the leaked script

severin
10-19-2003, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
Just try to find the leaked script that's a good one

funnygeezus
10-19-2003, 06:27 AM
<font color=slate> Mattitude Vs Zach Gowen
isn't gowan due for a win? i like him, but i don't think he'll ever be used for anything other than a side-show act. if gowan wins they'd better not stop there. hardy is a potential star of the future, he doesn't need the stigma of being the one-legged guy's only win. if you're going to push gowan, push him in style! why not make zack a giant-killer ala spike in ecw or mysterio in wcw? you've got train, you've got show, you've got jones, you've got rikishi, you've got the acolytes, you've got that big dude with the imaginary friend who's giving out tapes of his matches. they all suck (ok i'm just guessing about the crazy tape guy), why not let zack get a string of fluke wins against them over the span of a month or so? not only could zack shine, but you'd be putting those wastes of skin to semi-good use. prediction: gowan wins, then falls off the radar within 2 months.

Benoit Vs A-Train
i fucking hate this fued. one of my favourite wrestler is rotting in a fued with one of my least favourite wrestlers. i think you can figure out which is which (hint: one is a big fat lazy guy who hurts his opponents and the other is a great technical wrestler who maintains great crowd heat despite rarely getting a serious push). prediction: a-train, and i'll vommit in protest.

Kurt Angle Vs John Cena
should be match of the night. this looks to be just the first ppv match in what could be a long and enjoyable fued between these two, maybe ending in a john cena title run (i can dream right?). i've enjoyed the comical build, but angle rapping will get old VERY quickly. prediction: cena, but dirtily as to keep the fued wide open.

Tajiri Vs Rey Rey
ultimo dragon, spanky, kidman, shannon moore, jamie noble, nunzio, rey mysterio, tajiri. that's a fucking solid crusierweight division. you've got a diversity of styles that are very compatible, just about any combination of guys would make a great fued. it fucking sucks that we're lucky if we get one cruiserweight match a week, and it's usually on velocity. should be a very cool match. prediction: tajiri, in heel fashion of course.

Eddie Vs The Big Show
i fucking hate this fued. one of my favourite wrestler is rotting in a fued with one of my least favourite wrestlers. i think you can figure out which is which (hint: one is a big fat lazy guy who hurts his opponents and the other is a great technical wrestler who maintains great crowd heat despite rarely getting a serious push). prediction: eddie cheats to win, hurrah!

Vince Vs Stephanie
i get phyically angry when i think about how much time has been wasted building this match. 4 words: twenty-minute pretaped interview. i hope there's a horrible accident during this match and both of their necks get snapped simultaneously. the ppv will probably have to go off the air early, assuming it's not the main event, but it'll be worth it to finally destroy vince's "vision" for wwe. smackdown has been a shadow of its former self since heyman was cut out of the writing team. instead of the current crop of "yes-sir" pussbags, vince needs to surround himself with guys who would tell him he's a fucking idiot for thinking people would pay to see him wrestle his own daughter. it's one thing (not necessarily a good thing) for big vince or crazy shane to be taken seriously in matches, but stephanie in a ppv match is a fucking joke. at least vince has to work to maintain his physique and shane had to learn how to do those insane bumps, i can't imagine steph spent dozens of hours getting mauled by dean malenko in order to prepare for this match (though i can imagine her letting him maul her for 15 minutes to welcome him to the company back in '99). prediction: one of the mcmahons will be off tv for at least a couple of weeks, so i guess some good will come of it.

Lesnar Vs Taker
i'll tell you how the chain factors into it, gav: lesnar has to beat on undertaker for 20 minutes (with the chain, and maybe some chairs... and a sledgehammer... and a tazer) until taz and cole can't say "internal injuries" anymore because the parts of their vocal chords that make those sounds are so freaking tired. then MAYBE after a couple of run-ins taker will stay down for a 3-count, though he will "get his heat back" on every smackdown until the next ppv. prediction: lesnar wins, though he'll look like an inferior douchebag doing it.

overall: i'll accept shelton benjamin's injury as an excuse for not having a tag title match, but this better not happen again! angle-cena and tajiri-mysterio will make the show at least watchable. benoit and eddie could potentially carry their respective big wastes of space to decent matches. gowan-hardy won't be a classic, but it should be a good, fun match. taker doesn't suck, but his attitude does, and, win or lose, he doesn't have to put anyone over if he doesn't want to (and he doesn't want to), still the match will be watchable. that leaves vince-steph as the only truly worthless match on the card. normally i don't think one match could bring down an entire show, but this is an especially bad match we're talking about AND it's being treated as the marquee event. what should be a mediocre card will be dragged into the realm of awful by the mcmahon showdown. i am not buying it.</font>

BeautifulLoser
10-20-2003, 09:05 AM
Anyone that watched it wanna give a summary?

strange_one
10-20-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by BeautifulLoser
Anyone that watched it wanna give a summary?

<font color=33FFFF> I've seen all matches except the last one, which I taped cos I didn't have time to see it.

I'll post some thoughts in an hour or so</font>

strange_one
10-20-2003, 01:44 PM
<font color=33FFFF> ok, I'll just quickly list thoughts in point form:

- Tajiri and Rey was solid as usual, don't know why they passed the guys off that ran into the ring as 'fans' though. I read a while ago that they are from another organisation and siding with Tajiri to form some new Japanese alliance

- Benoit Vs A-Train was better than I expected, although A-Train is still a crappy heel and wrestler. nasty botched fall when Benoit head-first into the chair! Benoit gets a blood lip and Tazz scream internal injuries, god I hate that shit

- Gowen and Hardy was ok. I'll admit that Gowen did some nice shit and worked well, the final moonsault was pretty good

- The tag match was just useless filler announced on Heat, didn't even watch it to be honest

- Kurt and Cena was pretty good, although I didn't think Cena shone as much as he should have. ended a little abruptly too. would have liked to see Cena take the cheating win just to keep the feud going though, not sure what will happen with it now

- Vince and Steph was just utter nonsense. Far worse than I even thought it would be, I thought that Steph would at least take a reasonable bump to be finished off, but barely nothing happened. and then just when you think Vince is going to belt Linda he just casually throws her to the ground. Really I hope Vince watches this backstage and sees how stupid it is/was

- Eddie and Big Show wasn't particularly good, but maybe I just think that because Show had the most offense. bad decision giving that tub of shit the title, noone cares

- Brock Vs Taker was probably my fave bout of the night, both guys worked really well and there was some great stuff. gotta love the reverse-tombstone on the steps and watching taker fall back on his ass :) interference by FBI was pretty pointless, but if you had been hearing for a while that it will be Vince against Taker at Survivor Series then you would have known what would happen at the end. I thought that Taker should have been F5ed once more after the chain shot though, it just didn't seem right.

probably a better PPV than I was expecting, but I really don't want to see a Mcmahon fueding with another for a loooong time</font>