View Full Version : feelings i shouldn't have

dustdream
10-18-2003, 04:16 AM
i've been married seven years, eight in december. when i met my husband, he was a musician, had just got into the conservatorium studying jazz bass. he was rebellious, talented, funny and intelligent. we connected in everyway possible, it was like he was part of my skin.

so times past, i've finished studying, am working in a great job, still writing poetry etc... he is 'inbetween' bands, studying latin and ancient greek fulltime, no care for the future, no money, working weekends for cash to survive - not much, not enough. it was fine at 25, but at 32, it's just not.

one of the things i do, is i'm a board member for a disability employment service. i've been there about three years, and totally love it.

and here's the thing: the manager there, (i feel guilty even writing about it), he's everything i admire in a person. he's strong, intelligent, motivated, he has ethics, integrity, and when he smiles, it feels like i would do anything to keep it there. i think i have feelings for him. it's getting harder to go to meetings, because i feel like he can tell by my eyes that something's up. he caught me giving him a lingering look a while ago, and he just stared into my eyes.

if i was single, he is someone who i'd fall for.. he's the furtherest away from what i wanted when i met my husband, but he's the closest i have come to want to share a future.

at the AGM, i was leaving, and went to shake his hand. we held each other's touch just for a minute, then both leaned in, i think for a kiss on the cheek, then both leaned back, awkward. you don't kiss board members.

should i feel guilty? i know nothing will happen - we're too professional and honest, but i still think about it -about him

what do you think?

Irrelevant
10-18-2003, 04:22 AM
i didn't read this.

yo soy el mejor
10-18-2003, 04:27 AM
i think you should fuck him.

Orchestra
10-18-2003, 04:28 AM
I think that you should kill youself or live in eternal emotional agony

THRILLHO
10-18-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by dustdream
i've been married seven years, eight in december. when i met my husband, he was a musician, had just got into the conservatorium studying jazz bass. he was rebellious, talented, funny and intelligent. we connected in everyway possible, it was like he was part of my skin.

so times past, i've finished studying, am working in a great job, still writing poetry etc... he is 'inbetween' bands, studying latin and ancient greek fulltime, no care for the future, no money, working weekends for cash to survive - not much, not enough. it was fine at 25, but at 32, it's just not.

one of the things i do, is i'm a board member for a disability employment service. i've been there about three years, and totally love it.

and here's the thing: the manager there, (i feel guilty even writing about it), he's everything i admire in a person. he's strong, intelligent, motivated, he has ethics, integrity, and when he smiles, it feels like i would do anything to keep it there. i think i have feelings for him. it's getting harder to go to meetings, because i feel like he can tell by my eyes that something's up. he caught me giving him a lingering look a while ago, and he just stared into my eyes.

if i was single, he is someone who i'd fall for.. he's the furtherest away from what i wanted when i met my husband, but he's the closest i have come to want to share a future.

at the AGM, i was leaving, and went to shake his hand. we held each other's touch just for a minute, then both leaned in, i think for a kiss on the cheek, then both leaned back, awkward. you don't kiss board members.

should i feel guilty? i know nothing will happen - we're too professional and honest, but i still think about it -about him

what do you think?

the AGM could just as easily be the jazz guy all over again in seven years. either, i don't know... TELL your life partner what you feel about him (i know, it's insane - just hear me out!) or have sex with both of them at the same time (your husband will not mind - 'studying latin and greek full time' is the oldest gay double life cover up in the book). but have your husband take your ass - he'll get the hint that he's considered "on the backburner."