View Full Version : do long distance relationships ever work out?

andysong
10-17-2003, 07:37 PM
I am talking about the kind that revolve around a 2 hour trip (on public transport) in order to reach the other person.

vanilla
10-17-2003, 07:38 PM
very rarely!

mirrar
10-17-2003, 07:41 PM
2 hours isn't that long. if you're both determined to make it work, make time to make the trip, communicate in other ways (lots of phone/email) and have a long-term plan to eventually be closer to keep in mind and look forward to, it could very well work.

DevilSaint
10-17-2003, 08:16 PM
I've been doing it for well over a year now, and she's like 600 miles away. It's not easy, but so far it's working out fairly well. Basically what Mirror said is dead on about what ya need to do. Plus 2 hours away isn't all that bad at all.

dusty
10-17-2003, 09:09 PM
right now i am seeing this guy who lives an hour away. he is really, really starting to grow on me.
2 hours isn't that far.
you should get a car though. public transportation sucks, and i bet you would have a shorter ride if you drove it yourself.

mirrar
10-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by dusty
right now i am seeing this guy who lives an hour away. he is really, really starting to grow on me.
2 hours isn't that far.
you should get a car though. public transportation sucks, and i bet you would have a shorter ride if you drove it yourself. is it the italian wedding guy?

dusty
10-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
is it the italian wedding guy? he is italian, yes. but no, he is not the wedding guy. i like him better then the wedding guy.
we have so much fun together.
he always makes sure that i have cigs for the drive home, and that i eat something in the morning. we like to drink beer, smoke weed, go for midnight drives and play video games together. tonite i am going to his house and we're going to go to the movies or maybe the beach. :)

edit: and also he likes tom petty and pink floyd, but he thinks i should listen to more sublime. :)

mirrar
10-17-2003, 09:17 PM
he is italian, yes. but no, he is not the wedding guy. he is better then the wedding guy.
we have so much fun together.
he always makes sure that i have cigs for the drive home, and that i eat something in the morning. we like to drink beer, smoke weed, go for midnight drives and play video games together. tonite i am going to his house and we're going to go to the movies or maybe the beach. :) aww good for you. the wedding guy story was adorable, but yeah, this guy sounds better.

dusty
10-17-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
aww good for you. the wedding guy story was adorable, but yeah, this guy sounds better. i am seeing the wedding guy tomorrow. the chick getting married called me yesterday and told me that he has been asking about me. but you know he has my number but never calls. not to mention the fact that he has <i>a lot</i> going on in his life right now.
but it will be nice to see him again.

mirrar
10-17-2003, 09:37 PM
i am seeing the wedding guy tomorrow. the chick getting married called me yesterday and told me that he has been asking about me. but you know he has my number but never calls. not to mention the fact that he has <i>a lot</i> going on in his life right now.
but it will be nice to see him again. hey well even better! keep your options open!

lawson
10-17-2003, 10:02 PM
why dont you mail this question in to a girlie magazine and wait 3 months for some lame answer?

and the answer is no, because if you really care about each other a lot then you'll make it a short distance relationship, which will probably involve quitting school, job, running away from home or doing something else impassioned and stupid, and then when you get there and its not everything you dreamed about, you'll either kill yourself or never want to open up your heart to love another.

YOU'RE DOOMED!

mirrar
10-17-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ******
no they don't... unless you are dating a mormon of course cuz they don't get random urges like the rest of humanity does. yes, because humans are untamed, carnal creatures that can't ever supress their "random urges" until they can be closer to their s/o.

DeviousJ
10-17-2003, 11:00 PM
Meet halfway, then it's a 1-hour trip.

I mean, it used to take me an hour to get to work, unless you're talking about planes or something

mirrar
10-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ******

i'm not speaking of humans... i am speaking of people from 18-25 w/ their hormones raging speak for yourself! i'm fairly confident in my abilities of keeping my hormones in check (unless of course, booze or drugs are involved) :p