View Full Version : iTunes for Windows launches today.

skippy
10-16-2003, 02:22 PM
And it's free. And it has all the functionality of the Mac version. Now if i can just find somewhere to download it.

skippy
10-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Oh boy I am downloading it now.

http://akamaidownload.apple.com/530x3824/akform.html

TIMb
10-16-2003, 02:37 PM
nice one.

:2thumbsup

skippy
10-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Holy shit, Billy Corgan is one of the celebrity playlists! DL this right away and head to the Music Store.

ravenguy2000
10-16-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey, can someone link to Billy's play list? or just post what's on it? I'm kinda curious, despite myself.

skippy
10-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Dark Was the Night 3:20 Blind Willie Johnson Dark Was the Night $0.99
Sara 4:29 Bob Dylan The Bootleg Series, Vol. 5: Bob Dylan Live 1975 - The Rolling Thunder Revue $0.99
Smokestack Lightning (Single) 3:08 Howlin' Wolf The Chess Box: Howlin' Wolf $0.99
Cortez the Killer 7:31 Neil Young Zuma $0.99
Heaven Tonight 5:25 Cheap Trick Heaven Tonight (Remastered) $0.99
Barabajagal 3:22 Donovan with The Jeff Beck Group, Lesley and Madeleine Barabajagal $0.99
You're Lost Little Girl 3:03 The Doors Strange Days $0.99
Still Loving You 6:27 Scorpions Love at First Sting $0.99
Arabian Knights 3:07 Siouxsie and The Banshees The Best of Siouxsie and The Banshees (Single Disc) $0.99
Meeting of the Spirits 6:53 Mahavishnu Orchestra & Mahavishnu Orchestra with John McLaughlin The Inner Mounting Flame $0.99

mirrar
10-16-2003, 06:40 PM
thats a kickass playlist. go b0lly.

skippy
10-16-2003, 10:23 PM
I am really happy with this program. It is SOOO much easier to work with my iPod now. It's really easy to search for songs in my library. And the Music Store is cool but 99 cents per track is a bit steep. I love how you can preview songs before you buy though.

SuckSuckStyle
10-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Mark LeDrew
I am really happy with this program. It is SOOO much easier to work with my iPod now. It's really easy to search for songs in my library. And the Music Store is cool but 99 cents per track is a bit steep. I love how you can preview songs before you buy though.

I still have yet to re-format my ipod. My computer won't recognize it until I do and it's such a hassel to sit and put it aaaallll back on there. I don't want to erase it until I have time to put everything back on becaues I dont want to be stuck somewhere with like..four songs.

should i download it?

dusty
10-16-2003, 10:30 PM
jesus christ this whole thread is like one giant promo.

Skibber Bee Bye
10-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Yay! Let's all pay for music!

Fall Down Blue
10-16-2003, 10:38 PM
you guys are fag0ts paying for music is stupid.

skippy
10-16-2003, 10:54 PM
Uh...i haven't paid for anything. I don't know that i'll ever buy any tracks from the Music Store. I was saying iTunes is a quality program.

And while i "steal music," I don't think there's anything wrong with paying for fast, quality downloads. Geez, some of you really ought to grow up.

skippy
10-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle

I still have yet to re-format my ipod. My computer won't recognize it until I do and it's such a hassel to sit and put it aaaallll back on there. I don't want to erase it until I have time to put everything back on becaues I dont want to be stuck somewhere with like..four songs.

should i download it?

I don't think you'd need to reformat your iPod to use iTunes. Or were you saying you need to reformat anyway?

Either way, i would recommend downloading iTunes. It's a decent mp3 player but it's absolutely vital if you own an iPod.

sawdust restaurants
10-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by dusty
jesus christ this whole thread is like one giant promo.

Lots of threads are like this one. And iTunes has a pretty good reputation; it's more informative than anything else. I for one am grateful MLD posted it because it reminded me to at least give it a try.

Fall Down Blue
10-16-2003, 10:58 PM
Uh...i haven't paid for anything. I don't know that i'll ever buy any tracks from the Music Store. I was saying iTunes is a quality program.

And while i "steal music," I don't think there's anything wrong with paying for fast, quality downloads. Geez, some of you really ought to grow up.

what the fuck just get on mirc, join some group, and get access to huge ftps. i havent even spent 5 minutes looking for any cd in the past 2 years. everything that gay store has, anyone else can find on mirc or kazaa. simple as that. paying for music is wrong. ill pay for concerts, but not for cd's. the internet has brought you a new freedom and you should take advantage of it; the freedom of stealing music.

if you don't steal music, you're just as bad as the terrorists.

sawdust restaurants
10-16-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Fall Down Blue

wtf

Fall Down Blue
10-16-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants

wtf

im a big fan of yours

sawdust restaurants
10-16-2003, 11:02 PM
im a big fan of yours

No autographs.

Eulogy
10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Skibber Bee Bye
Yay! Let's all pay for music!

YEAH HOW FUCKING STUPID IS THAT?!

Fattening Ass
10-16-2003, 11:17 PM
i like the it. Will i buy music through it? nah.

blackfaerie
10-17-2003, 12:08 AM

what the fuck just get on mirc, join some group, and get access to huge ftps. i havent even spent 5 minutes looking for any cd in the past 2 years. everything that gay store has, anyone else can find on mirc or kazaa. simple as that. paying for music is wrong. ill pay for concerts, but not for cd's. the internet has brought you a new freedom and you should take advantage of it; the freedom of stealing music.

what is the address of this glorious mirc website?

Debaser
10-17-2003, 01:21 AM
what the fuck itunes has no ability to export mp3's from my ipod onto the computer. looks like musicmatch is staying on my computer.

Ihaman
10-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Debaser
musicmatch

That's an awful, awful program.

skippy
10-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Debaser
what the fuck itunes has no ability to export mp3's from my ipod onto the computer. looks like musicmatch is staying on my computer.

I'm not sure why you'd need to do this. All of my mp3s originate from my PC before they end up on my iPod. In any case, MusicMatch is pure shit.

Skibber Bee Bye
10-17-2003, 01:31 AM
but it's absolutely vital if you own an iPod.

iPods are for morons.

Skibber Bee Bye
10-17-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy
YEAH HOW FUCKING STUPID IS THAT?!

F4G!

Debaser
10-17-2003, 01:34 AM

I'm not sure why you'd need to do this. All of my mp3s originate from my PC before they end up on my iPod. In any case, MusicMatch is pure shit.

i have two computers. one at work and one at home. I like to be able easily transfer songs between them.

yes i agree the music match is pretty crappy in almost everything it does except for one thing: super-tagging kicks ass.

Debaser
10-17-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Ihaman

That's an awful, awful program.

tell me a better music manager that is still free. and don't you dare say winamp, wmp or real. :noway:

Debaser
10-17-2003, 01:39 AM
oh yeah, now that i have itunes...what's the difference between AAC vs. MP3? which is better? is it worth it to convert all my mp3's to AAC?