View Full Version : Hi, this is another thread about Bolly singing at the Cubs game.

skippy
10-15-2003, 10:56 PM
I thought we needed another one.

I actually missed this and that sucks.

Axis of Action
10-15-2003, 10:57 PM
we probably need 2 more. just so I can post again.

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:00 PM
You guys are lucky Chris isn't here.

Andy /
10-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Lie
You guys are lucky Chris isn't here.

You're lucky you're not deleting them.

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash
You're lucky you're not deleting them.

Luck has nothing to do with it, my friend.

Axis of Action
10-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Lie

Luck has nothing to do with it, my friend.

only a sadistic trait known as apathy.

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Sehki
only a sadistic trait known as apathy.

They don't pay me enough, man. I'm tired of these conditions. They promised me a dental plan and pulled out at the last minute.

Nah, if there were actual duplicate/multiple threads I would delete them, but this was just something that happened and then turned into a harmless joke and there's no reason why I should have the authority to get rid of them myself.

Axis of Action
10-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Lie

They don't pay me enough, man. I'm tired of these conditions. They promised me a dental plan and pulled out at the last minute.

Nah, if there were actual duplicate/multiple threads I would delete them, but this was just something that happened and then turned into a harmless joke and there's no reason why I should have the authority to get rid of them myself.

Well, right, if you want to get serious about it. It was us being bored around 11pm at night and goofing off. It was fun, you have to admit.

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:16 PM
Well, right, if you want to get serious about it. It was us being bored around 11pm at night and goofing off. It was fun, you have to admit.

It's what general chat is all about. Censoring it would be like <s>declawing</s> strangling a cat and stopping just short of killing it.

Axis of Action
10-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Lie

It's what general chat is all about. Censoring it would be like <s>declawing</s> strangling a cat and stopping just short of killing it.

Actually I think declawing would be more along the lines of a better analogy. Or shaving. A cats initial purpose is to hunt, but since we've domesticated it, it's general purpose is to be furry and loveable. If we shave it and turn it mean it loses its purpose. Same thing with general chat. If we censor it, we'd lose the purpose of goofing off when it's late at night. :D

Andy /
10-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Lie
pulled out at the last minute.

Abstinence is the ONLY way.

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:22 PM
Actually I think declawing would be more along the lines of a better analogy. Or shaving. A cats initial purpose is to hunt, but since we've domesticated it, it's general purpose is to be furry and loveable. If we shave it and turn it mean it loses its purpose. Same thing with general chat. If we censor it, we'd lose the purpose of goofing off when it's late at night. :D

You're right except for the part about shaving. Cats love being shaved and it doesn't hinder them in any way. I bet Netphoria would love to be metaphorically shaved.

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash
Abstinence is the ONLY way.

Relax. I didn't say which hole. You don't really think I'm that stupid, do you?

Wait, don't answer that.

Axis of Action
10-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Lie

You're right except for the part about shaving. Cats love being shaved and it doesn't hinder them in any way. I bet Netphoria would love to be metaphorically shaved.

Really? Like, shaved naked? That seems rather counter-intuitive. Oh well. What they need, however, are their whiskers. It lets them know if a place is big enough for them, or if they're gonna have to squeeze. So a fatter cat has bigger whiskers! Some day I'll show you pictures of my dad's cats. They're great.

sickbadthing
10-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Lie

strangling a cat and stopping just short of killing it.

whoa now i'm getting turned on.

yo soy el mejor
10-15-2003, 11:25 PM
and its just like honey
when your love comes over me
oh baby, i've got a dependancy
always strung out for another taste of your honey

Lie
10-15-2003, 11:25 PM
Really? Like, shaved naked? That seems rather counter-intuitive. Oh well. What they need, however, are their whiskers. It lets them know if a place is big enough for them, or if they're gonna have to squeeze. So a fatter cat has bigger whiskers! Some day I'll show you pictures of my dad's cats. They're great.

We used to get our Persian cat shaved every summer. Not naked, but really, really short, and he loved it because it was cooler and he could move more freely. But they didn't shave his head so he'd be walking around with this huge head and this little body and he looked like E.T.

Mariner
10-15-2003, 11:51 PM
I can't believe no one has said what's so obviously waiting to be said yet. I don't know whether to be disappointed or proud...

Axis of Action
10-15-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Lie

We used to get our Persian cat shaved every summer. Not naked, but really, really short, and he loved it because it was cooler and he could move more freely. But they didn't shave his head so he'd be walking around with this huge head and this little body and he looked like E.T.

Jesus, hahahahaha. Yeah, I can see the shorter coat making it easier for them. How quickly does it regrow?

Lie
10-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Jesus, hahahahaha. Yeah, I can see the shorter coat making it easier for them. How quickly does it regrow?

Really damn fast. It would be back to its normal length (which was really very long) by the following spring.

Axis of Action
10-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Lie

Really damn fast. It would be back to its normal length (which was really very long) by the following spring.

Did you ever have a problem with the cat being too cold in the winter? Or, was it's abnormally long fur long enough in the winter?

Mariner
10-16-2003, 12:13 AM

Did you ever have a problem with the cat being too cold in the winter? Or, was it's abnormally long fur long enough in the winter?
:rofl:
YOU PEOPLE ARE KILLING ME.

sawdust restaurants
10-16-2003, 01:44 AM
What the hell? I wouldn't have gotten rid of these. No reason to.

sawdust restaurants
10-16-2003, 01:45 AM
Anyway, I was too busy working/being sad.