View Full Version : Has anyone seen/heard that lecture by Dr. Helen Caldicott?

Ihaman
10-15-2003, 10:13 AM
"The New Nuclear Danger: George W. Bush's Military-Industrial Complex"

WHAT
"The New Nuclear Danger: George W. Bush's Military-Industrial Complex," a public lecture at the University of California, Berkeley, by Dr. Helen Caldicott, a renowned anti-nuclear and environmental activist, as well as a Nobel Prize nominee.

Her lecture topic is also the title of her latest book, published in 2002. In it, she says the Bush administration is indebted to the arms industry, that arms makers are exploiting U.S. fears of terrorism, and that the Pentagon is resisting reduction of this country's nuclear arsenal.

I saw it last night, it sent chills up my spine. The woman is a fucking genius.
Download it here <a href="http://www.planetone.org/Helen%20Caldicott.mp3"> The New Nuclear Danger: George W. Bush's Military-Industrial Complex </a>

Ihaman
10-15-2003, 10:26 AM
c'mon guys, listen to it.

Ihaman
10-15-2003, 02:55 PM
COME ON!!!

I_was_aborted
10-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Ill listen when I get home, can't at work. I have to make to many phone calls. Boooooooo

Ihaman
10-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Yay! nothing like liberal propaganda to get your day going.

She takes all the smart routes to making Republicans feel bad about nuclear arms and war.
Her quote "Jesus wouldn't like nuclear war" and "I *AM* a conservative....I'm for conserving GOD's creation" is what makes republicans (my dad at least) cringe.
She also talks about where she presented her ideas to the Catholic church and basically quoted Jesus "Love thine enemy" and they couldn't really say anything.
Either this woman is really really smart, or really really selective with the information she presents, but hot damn she does it so well.

Nimrod's Son
10-15-2003, 06:27 PM
It's also possible that it's all staged.

sickbadthing
10-15-2003, 06:28 PM
She sounds like a cunt.

Ihaman
10-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
It's also possible that it's all staged.

...and during the climax of it all, donald rumsfeld is going to pop out and tell nader "YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE HAW HAW!!!"