View Full Version : Pumpkins Karoke

Toby
10-02-2003, 06:28 PM
Have you ever done any pumpkins karoke? I was telling my friend earlier about the time I was drunk as fuck and karoked (am I spelling that right?) 'Today' and got booed off stage halfway through!

jack_kerouac03
10-02-2003, 08:02 PM
they have these here:

today
disarm
landslide (same exact karoke version as the stevie knicks . . .)
muzzle
bullet with butterfly wings
stand inside your love

all of them sound good except for stand inside your love, which has an awful MIDI solo. I was singing and getting into it when the solo came on, then instant laughter.

They just added Honestly, but i haven't sang it yet. I mean, come on, just singing karoke in the first place is pretty gay - i don't want to push it

twilightfadez
10-02-2003, 08:02 PM
i played bass on Zero while a friend sang it all wrong :mad:
at least i played it correctly, and then had a crowd of 40 yr old guys all excited cos i played a stringed instrument :erm
and yes, the karaoke place we go to has real instruments you can plug in and play along

Muzz1e
10-03-2003, 12:18 PM
I have never done Pumpkins karaoke, nor do I think I ever will. My band sometimes play dross and quiet at practice, but never live. That's it for me.

GreG.

THRILLHO
10-03-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
i played bass on Zero while a friend sang it all wrong :mad:
at least i played it correctly, and then had a crowd of 40 yr old guys all excited cos i played a stringed instrument :erm
and yes, the karaoke place we go to has real instruments you can plug in and play along

what the hell??
that has to be the only place ever that does that. :eek:

i did 1979 once. i think i did all right. i don't always remember karaoke.

twilightfadez
10-03-2003, 01:20 PM
it's the best place
in the basement of the Shelborne Hotel in South Beach
his name is Ed, and he's like 80 years old and has a wall full of instruments and amps and horns and maracas and tambourines and he rocks the house

Muzz1e
10-03-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by twilightfadez
horns and maracas and tambourines and he rocks the house

Maracas are essential in karaoke Pumpkins.

GreG.

twilightfadez
10-03-2003, 01:42 PM
yup. they are indeed.

the everlasting J
10-04-2003, 10:53 AM
yeah i did 1979 when completly pissed.... suprisingly i got a pretty good response... which is amazing because i sound like a retarded yak.... hahahhaha