View Full Version : Who here told me Kansas State was really good?

sppunk
09-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Because, I called you out, and Marshall just beat your ass. K-State's almost as overrated as this years Fighting Irish.

Boner
09-20-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm getting ready to head to the big SMU-Oklahoma State game. Oh winner!

jczeroman
09-20-2003, 09:06 PM
GO DUCKS YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sppunk
09-20-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman
GO DUCKS YOU FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured you'd be wasted on a street corner by now. What gives?

jczeroman
09-21-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by sppunk

I figured you'd be wasted on a street corner by now. What gives?

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/i/media/ncf/2003/0920/photo/a_fife_ft.jpg

Nimrod's Son
09-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by sppunk

I figured you'd be wasted on a street corner by now. What gives? He believes in things where logic dare not tread.

jczeroman
09-21-2003, 03:47 AM
A fe wmore notes:

I told YOUR ass that Pitt was going to lose 3 games. I stand by it. I called both Notre Dame and KS as being overrated.

And how about that duck D? They held michigan (in case you didn't hear) MICHIGAN to -3 yards rushing. Holy crap I am still flying like a kite!!!!

Nimrod's Son
09-21-2003, 03:49 AM
Life is still like a hurricane in Duckburg.

Hurricane Isabel.

A bitch.

jczeroman
09-21-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Life is still like a hurricane in Duckburg.

Hurricane Isabel.

A bitch.

he he he... yes it is... it is a good day. I can't remember feeling like this since the days of Joey Harrington. I wish I didn't have to go back to school with those assholes on the 28th though.

Boner
09-21-2003, 04:00 AM
Oklahoma State 52, Southern Methodist 6. Yeah, my new school has a great football team!

The highlight of the college football afternoon for me was watching former Marcus High School (my alma matter) backup QB Graham Gochneaur lead Marshall to the road upset over K-State.

To anyone who doesn't think Texas high school is superior to every other state: Gochneaur started all of one game in high school.

jczeroman
09-21-2003, 04:04 AM
Here are some good quotes from this thread:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30794&highlight=Auburn

Originally posted by guz
i can't wait to see Auburn light up USC in a few weeks. drinks on me!

I think KSU and VT are way overrated... OSU (Oregon State) may be a suprise this year.

Originally posted by guz
Kansas St. overrated! :eek: say it ain't so!

I think Notre Dame will finish somewhere in the top 5

Originally posted by The Ace of Aces

Winner of OU vs. Kansas State in Big 12 Championship will meet winner of Miami-Pitt (in Pitt) season-ending game in national championship.

I'm predicting a Pitt 12-1 championship season.

Nimrod's Son
09-21-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by The Ace of Aces
Oklahoma State 52, Southern Methodist 6. Yeah, my new school has a great football team!

The highlight of the college football afternoon for me was watching former Marcus High School (my alma matter) backup QB Graham Gochneaur lead Marshall to the road upset over K-State.

To anyone who doesn't think Texas high school is superior to every other state: Gochneaur started all of one game in high school. Comparing high school to college = comparing college to the NFL. So tell us, how many recent Heisman candidates have made the Pro Bowl?

BTW, no, Texas is not superior to even, dare I say it, Rhode Island.

jczeroman
09-21-2003, 04:09 AM
And in this thread:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32849&perpage=35&highlight=Auburn&pagenumber=3

nah, I have them winning. Auburn is so overrated.

Originally posted by Eulogy
ND all the way, dammit.

ND is not always overrated. What the fuck are you people talking about?

In two to three years, they will be a solid top 5 team. This year, I think they can make a strong run towards the post-season top 10.

National Championship will come. Just you wait.

Boner
09-21-2003, 04:14 AM
Haaaaaa. Yeah I was waiting for someone to resurrect that shit.

Boner
09-21-2003, 04:58 AM
Comparing high school to college = comparing college to the NFL. So tell us, how many recent Heisman candidates have made the Pro Bowl?

Find me one other quarterback on a top 25 team who did not ever start in high school. Just shut up and do that. Gochneaur and the guy he could never beat out Spencer Stack were both recruited by several legit college programs. This doesn't happen in Rhode Island chief.

And you are absolutely ignorant if you don't think Texas is not at the very least the fourth best state for high school football (behind Cali, Florida, and Pennsylvania) although I don't see how it's anything but the top state for high school football based on the sheer number of DI and NFL players who come out of Texas.

Mr. Rhinoceros
09-21-2003, 09:37 AM

<font color=#007AAA face="courier new">What? Rhode Island? Sounds like regionalism rather than logic. But the funny thing is, aren't you from Jersey? What in the fuck are you talking about? Rhode Island?</font>

sppunk
09-21-2003, 04:01 PM
HAAAAAAAA! RI football better than Tejas? Bull-fucking-shit. I lived up there for 12 years, HS football in the NE is weak, even in the self-hyped 'Mecca' of Pennsylvania. The only states that can match Texas HS football would be Florida and California, and ever time Texas and Florida champion teams meet, Texas kicks their ass by at least 30 points.

One more case in point: The state's No. 6 team, Longview, just beat the nation's No. 2 team, Shreveport Evangel, by 17 points. Last year, Longview beat Evangel who finished the season at No. 1 in the nation.

Longview won't even win their district.