View Full Version : billy's poetry reading info

spfreak
09-17-2003, 11:39 PM
friend called and told me:

he played friends and lovers
riverview
something and something
something about a tent while he played and you saw his shadow
and.... he had a helmet or something....

any confirmations on this??

spfreak
09-17-2003, 11:40 PM
somethign adn something are two songs i can't remember hte names to or dunno the names to

ChoobieWoobie
09-18-2003, 12:26 AM
the songs he played:

Unknkown song (somewhere i've been dreaming....)
Friends As Lovers
I held a rose (but with completely different lyrics)
Riverview
El-A-Noy

It was great...after one of his poems, he rose his hands up and all of his papers fell out of his hands, scattering all over the place. B.C. got down on his hands and knees crawling around looking for the next poem. Once he found it, he stayed kneeling and read the next poem.

About the helmet.... it was an old military helmet with about 6 lights along the edge of it. He also put a light on his crotch and would use it for lighting at times.

There were projections on the screen directly behind him and along the walls. One of the clips on there had some sort of clip of billy in a studio...him holding some papers with a mic in front of him. It didn't look like he was singing into the mic....more like talking....(perhaps recording some poetry?)

Gooch was there, I gave him a quick "What's up Gooch?" and a friendly handshake. Also one of Zwan's roadies was there (remember the guy that always wore the baseball cap and had the big sideburns?)

There were two items for sale, a poster for the poetry reading ($17), and a print of one of Billy's poems, with his signature on it ($60!)

Quite an interesting experience all in all...I was quite surprised he played Riverview...considering how much it was played in Zwan.

Boycott Graceland
09-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by ChoobieWoobie

Rierview
El-A-Noy
sheekagoe sawnges.