View Full Version : Are there still a lot of fans?

Porcelina Ruby
09-15-2003, 06:20 PM
I was just fantasing about if the impossible becomes possible.
Would the pumpkins still get crowds? I know the fanbase is much larger then just the people on this site, does anyone have an idea?

Ensoul
09-15-2003, 06:31 PM
the Pumpkins would get enormous crowds.

mono
09-15-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Porcelina Ruby
I was just fantasing about if the impossible becomes possible.
Would the pumpkins still get crowds? I know the fanbase is much larger then just the people on this site, does anyone have an idea?

Just keep on fantasing.

Crono
09-16-2003, 01:51 AM
Eh - I would hope that, should they for some god awful reason play anytime soon, any tour would be a club tour. I really wish I had been around for the SD club tour before the album got big, that would have been awesome. Beyond that? In 10 years no one beyond the dedicated fans will care and the concerts won't be anywhere near as fun as they should be. The Pumpkins should stay dead. Posthumous releases galore would be fine, though.

edit - I never answered the question. Their last tour was what, 5k seat gigs if I remember right (this sounds low, please correct me)? Fan base would go down from there. In any case, it wouldn't be huge.

Porcelina Ruby
09-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by mono

Just keep on fantasing.

funny!!!!

mirrar
09-17-2003, 01:21 PM
i don't listen to them much anymore at all, but if osmething crazy like a reunion were to happen, i'd probably become a fan again.

wounded
09-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Crono
Eh - I would hope that, should they for some god awful reason play anytime soon, any tour would be a club tour. I really wish I had been around for the SD club tour before the album got big, that would have been awesome. Beyond that? In 10 years no one beyond the dedicated fans will care and the concerts won't be anywhere near as fun as they should be. The Pumpkins should stay dead. Posthumous releases galore would be fine, though.

edit - I never answered the question. Their last tour was what, 5k seat gigs if I remember right (this sounds low, please correct me)? Fan base would go down from there. In any case, it wouldn't be huge.

smashing pumpkins is a recognizable name it would bring some people in. here on the sacred and profane tour they played a 8,000 person venue and filled it fairly well. it all depends on the part of the country i guess. no they couldn't play 16,000 by any means. i would put them in a class with say foo fighters as far as venue sizes go.