View Full Version : so if we *do* end up getting another boxed set . . .

jack_kerouac03
09-13-2003, 03:17 AM
i wonder if it will be all new and unreleased stuff?

i am asking because i don't know if Billy knows what is out in the community or not . . .

did he know that My Mistake is out because the Adore Demos are circulating and put it on Judas 0 anyway?

I would laugh if we get a huge boxed set down the road that is made up of things that we already have, MP, reel time sessions, etc - although people would still buy it for the artwork, or to complete their collection

Deege
09-13-2003, 03:26 AM
it'd be cool to have official copies of a lot of that stuff, but I'm sure he'd put a few things we dont have on it. But at any rate...I want 12-2-00 METRO!:mad:

Diamond Dream
09-13-2003, 03:40 AM
He's aware of all the unreleased material that's circulating.

He knew that My Mistake was already available for download way before releasing Judas O.

If something gets released I'm hoping for something totally new but I wouldn't mind if he released something that's already on the net. Ex: Blue Skies Bring Tears (Arising! version from the FAEOMM tape)

Diamond Dream
09-13-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03
I would laugh if we get a huge boxed set down the road that is made up of things that we already have, MP, reel time sessions, etc - although people would still buy it for the artwork, or to complete their collection

So your happy with what you've got? Wouldn't you prefer an official CD sourced from the original masters?

:rolleyes:

jack_kerouac03
09-13-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Diamond Dream

So your happy with what you've got? Wouldn't you prefer an official CD sourced from the original masters?

:rolleyes:

if it sounds better than what i have, then sure.

i am worried it will come down to this:

"let's see . . . mellon collie demos and adore outtakes that no-one has heard, or reel time sessions?"

i guess it depends if they are putting it out for mr. average consumer or the fans . . .

Dead
09-13-2003, 05:03 AM
You're talking about wanting officially released versions of stuff we already have in very high quality. Screw that, I want new stuff!

What was that rumor on the zboard about a new Pumpkins thing about to happen? I hope it wasn't the crappy glass movies.

Boycott Graceland
09-13-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Dead
You're talking about wanting officially released versions of stuff we already have in very high quality.
sadly, that's what will probably happen. remember that abortion known as judas O? it's a nice album, but pretty disapointing as far as new and exciting material. the bulk of it will be stuff we already have, sprinkled with a couple new tracks. as to when, my bet is on when billy decides to add another wing on to his house.

sarmatianus
09-13-2003, 11:09 AM
Gravity Demos, Vol. 2

Dead
09-13-2003, 11:38 AM
I remember something about Billy saying that he was gonna do a box set and that it was going to be all new stuff, not the demos and things that have been leaked out.

I think he said something about having 10x more stuff than was out.

jack_kerouac03
09-14-2003, 01:12 AM
You're talking about wanting officially released versions of stuff we already have in very high quality. Screw that, I want new stuff!

What was that rumor on the zboard about a new Pumpkins thing about to happen? I hope it wasn't the crappy glass movies.

i think when ben posted something is happening with the "other band" i think he meant Papa M, not SP. (talking about the tour)

Dead
09-14-2003, 01:18 AM
That would suck bigtime. Billy needs to get his butt in gear and do some SP stuff.

Boycott Graceland
09-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Billy needs to get his butt in gear and do some SP stuff.
ehhhh, not likely. as far as this year goes, maybe another weak-ass christmas time dvd or cd chalk full of stuff we already have.

truthteller
09-14-2003, 11:21 AM

There is a new SP release coming around xmas. All unreleased, never before heard stuff. Then again, I only have one post, so maybe I'm full of shit... but I'm not...

cap'n jazz
09-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by truthteller

There is a new SP release coming around xmas. All unreleased, never before heard stuff. Then again, I only have one post, so maybe I'm full of shit... but I'm not...

GLASS IZ THAT U??????

Dead
09-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Give us more info! :eek:

Eulogy
09-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I don't have MP.

Enzed
09-14-2003, 09:06 PM

Give us more info! :eek:

I believe him.

His name's Truthteller, after all.

Axis of Action
09-14-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Enzed

I believe him.

His name's Truthteller, after all.

that's what I figured. I read his post, remembered that I look at my store's release list every week to see if Zwan/SP are going to grace us with their music, remembered I had seen nothing, but saw his name was Truthteller. So I believed him. (though in all fairness, Earphoria didn't show up on the list until around mid-October last year).

jack_kerouac03
09-14-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Sehki

that's what I figured. I read his post, remembered that I look at my store's release list every week to see if Zwan/SP are going to grace us with their music, remembered I had seen nothing, but saw his name was Truthteller. So I believed him. (though in all fairness, Earphoria didn't show up on the list until around mid-October last year).

they would have to be keeping it under the radar pretty well, like you said most of the releases are in retailer's computers a 2-3 months before it comes out.

that would be a great x-mas surprise though . . .

Dead
09-15-2003, 02:32 AM
I would believe him more if he gave us some MORE INFO!

Boycott Graceland
09-15-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Sehki

i knew about it in early september.

[/leet]

truthteller
09-15-2003, 04:51 PM
I would believe him more if he gave us some MORE INFO!

All that I know is that there is a new SP release coming, which will probably coincide with the new official SP board. The new SP board will probably require a monthly fee or something, to reduce the number of mindless trolls and Bolly lovers. Also, Billy will be more interactive; posting and possibly chatting. The source is someone officially connected with the band. I have no more info than that, but, I'm pretty happy about hearing unreleased stuff. (as long as it's studio recordings and not all demos)

List On Fork
09-15-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03
did he know that My Mistake is out because the Adore Demos are circulating and put it on Judas 0 anyway?

He is well aware of what is circulating, but chose to put it out because it's a good song.

His choices for any sort of boxed set will be based on the quality of the material, not the desire of the market. He is more interested in presenting a long-lasting testament to the SP than boosting sales. He's always made records with that in mind.

chsllama
09-15-2003, 07:18 PM
thank you for the information, Great Gramma Corgan

Kumar Littlejeans
09-15-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm sure he's just itching to when he sees the enthusiasm for his weak-ass dvds and abortion compilations.

Dead
09-15-2003, 11:02 PM
All that I know is that there is a new SP release coming, which will probably coincide with the new official SP board. The new SP board will probably require a monthly fee or something, to reduce the number of mindless trolls and Bolly lovers. Also, Billy will be more interactive; posting and possibly chatting. The source is someone officially connected with the band. I have no more info than that, but, I'm pretty happy about hearing unreleased stuff. (as long as it's studio recordings and not all demos)
http://www.sivanandadlshq.org/images/jesus.gif

"I believe you."

But the monthly fee part sucks. The mindless kids would gladly fork over their allowances anyway.

Crono
09-16-2003, 12:59 AM

But the monthly fee part sucks. The mindless kids would gladly fork over their allowances anyway.

Really, what is a board for a dead band going to offer that will be worth paying for it?

truthteller
09-16-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Crono

Really, what is a board for a dead band going to offer that will be worth paying for it?

How about new music from my (and your?) favorite band?

zerozwan
09-16-2003, 01:33 AM
eww gross.

they're gonna make us pay to use a site and download mp3's?

billy must read the netphoria boards and think to himself "what's the best way to completely screw everyone over...?" :mad:

Corganist
09-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Assuming that all this stuff is true (why wouldn't I? It is the truthteller.), I'm still wary of the idea. I really doubt, considering the band's previous efforts to establish meaningful online stuff, that this will turn out well at all. If anything, it may start with a bang, like previous efforts, and have some level of success at first. (I'm thinking along the lines of the Arising videos from the first incarnation of the o-site) Of course, next would come the sobering realization that it wasn't meant to be (Gish chat...original o-board idiocy...etc.) Only this time, we'll be stuck with the slow demise of a site we've put money into. But hey, its not like we have Zwan stuff to blow money on anymore...might as well blow it on something.

sarmatianus
09-16-2003, 02:16 AM

How about new music from my (and your?) favorite band?

So the reunion is on, I take it?

Otherwise, by "new" you must mean the old unused recordings, right?

jack_kerouac03
09-16-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by List On Fork

His choices for any sort of boxed set will be based on the quality of the material

i wish.

np: because you are *cough* *cough*

jack_kerouac03
09-16-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by sarmatianus

So the reunion is on, I take it?

Otherwise, by "new" you must mean the old unused recordings, right?

you know what, zwan has probably been broken up for a while now . . .

those comments Jimmy made about a SP reunion seems less and less impossible now

chsllama
09-16-2003, 02:38 AM
what you had your hopes up?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

zwan's gone... time to head back to teh ebay

Enzed
09-16-2003, 03:45 AM

I don't believe this. new SP board, with Billy chatting?

We all know this can't happen, since he's a big shot poet now...he'd have no time to chat, it'd be cutting into his sonnet time.

Dead
09-16-2003, 03:50 AM
I bet he starts selling $40 t-shirts at his poetry readings and then releases poetry cds with really shitty limmericks as b-sides. :rolleyes:

Dead
09-17-2003, 03:58 AM
What Billy should do is make a SP website without any boards, and sell SP cds on there. A 5 track EP every now and then, and all his live shows. That would work. He could rake in a buttload of cash. Hire some dorks to press the cds and handle the shipping etc. And we'd all be happy. Of course this will never happen and we'll end up getting some lame thing like what was suggested, stupid boards and mp3s.

Ah well I guess I'll hope for the best. :cool: