View Full Version : a Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step

siamesegod
09-12-2003, 12:48 AM
um... this is pretty good record... not good as mer de noms is but anyway

what do you else think?...

Mooney
09-12-2003, 01:33 AM
i only listened to it once, but i think it was good. i'm not gonna say much before i give it a second listen. the vocals on the first track kinda bugged me a bit, though.

mono
09-12-2003, 02:18 AM
I started listening to it twice yesterday. Both times I got bored by track five and took it out.

guz
09-12-2003, 03:43 AM
i like 'the package', the only one i've listened to so far (aside from the single).

Starchildren
09-12-2003, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by guz
i like 'the package', the only one i've listened to so far (aside from the single).

siamesegod
09-12-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Mooney
i only listened to it once, but i think it was good. i'm not gonna say much before i give it a second listen. the vocals on the first track kinda bugged me a bit, though.

same here.. and "the nurse who lowed me" suck alot

btw. is your version mp-3 sourced?? mine is not!:)

smashingjj
09-12-2003, 10:37 AM
is it out yet? maybe I'll have a listen when I'm home.

zoodboog
09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
parts of it are really really good and parts of it are just OK, havent really found any bad songs yet

The Noose is fantastic

bonsor
09-12-2003, 12:01 PM
im about 4 minutes into the package.

ok. wow. that was cool.

if the whole record sounds like this, i must say it was a lot better produced than mer de noms. their first album sounded way too distant.

guz
09-12-2003, 01:00 PM
after having listened to the album a few times...i'm only wanting to hear 'the package' again. :(

Travis Meekz
09-12-2003, 02:34 PM
hmmm....doesn't it come out on the 16th in the United States of Bush?

siamesegod
09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Ttravis Mmeekz
hmmm....doesn't it come out on the 16th in the United States of Bush?

yeah.. you have to wait till monday! nice weekend!

aldango
09-12-2003, 05:17 PM
The Outsider is fucking awesome.

El Savior
09-13-2003, 01:12 AM
Noose, The Outsider, Pet and Nurse Who Loved Me are all fucking awesome. overall it's a good album, but those tracks rock.

Elvis The Fat Years
09-13-2003, 06:41 AM
here are the lyrics.

http://www.andantious.net/apc/ts_lyr.html

Elvis The Fat Years
09-13-2003, 07:51 AM
i just listened to it through my headhphones with the lyrics instead of through my shitty pc speakers and not knowing what he's saying. that said...im diggin' this album.

'the package' and 'pet' rock.

the noose - your halo's slipping down to choke you now :D

the stranger - you really have to listen to it to hear all the shit that is happening in this song. http://forums.netphoria.org/wwwboard/icons/icon14.gif

the outsider - medicated, drama queen, picture perfect, numb beligerance narcisistic, drama queen, craving fame and all this decadence :rockon:

bonsor
09-13-2003, 11:35 AM
is anyone else laughing at people saying "PET ROCKS!!!"

Anyway, it's a fricken awesome album. It's such a great follow up to mer de noms. They had the repuation, and they had the chance to make a really good album and maintain it and didn't fuck it up.

Dead
09-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Just so you guys know, I was watching the APC interview on MM for James and they mentioned that this so-called CD is "copy controlled" like Hail to the Thief was. I don't know if this applies to the US or not. If they're on EMI then maybe you guys in the US get a break like with Radiohead.

Copy controlled "CDs" suck nads. Beware.

MstrGhost
09-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Posted on 09-12-2003 01:51 AM at the 3 track leak thread

This album might introduce more people to the tool than the previous. The Package sounds like unraw tool, with forced violence and forced beautiful parts for girls to say awwwwww.
Weak and powerless reminds me of schism for the bass (and most undertow stuff), bah, this is apc to me, the music ain't nothing special. The nooze is boring and it's the music most people will like because of the final explosion that will be used as an excuse. Blue sounds remotely like joy division echoing around you at first for some hypnotic choruses, but it goes away soon, stupic balless apc lyrics will follow and guitars will ticken the sound (love you so much, you are this and that, i suffer so much for you, YES, AGAIN). Vanishing... boring, didn't like it. Stranger, the acustic apc cliché follows. The Outsider will surelly be another loved song due to strong words but empty lyrics (as a papa roach or something song) and some more violent parts, but sounds very artificial to me. Crimes, very ambient, dark, I like this one, oh and almost no maynard (I really hate him out of tool, sorry). I didn't like the nurse, most people will like it lol, so I won't spoil it. Pet, starts hard, sounds good, more lyrics for depressed teens (could be sang by linkin park). I won't even talk about lullaby. Gravity sounds old apc, bah, not much to say.

If you have a maynard cliché and have 2394820 pics in your disk of him half naked ...or liked the other album, you'll love it. If you're a casual buyer, it's a nice and varied album to have and worth it, I'll buy it (lol). If you're a Tool fan who desperately needs something new and remotely connected, you'll be disappointed because it's still apc, with the normal "love you too much" lyrics and unraw and scarce heavy parts without true explosions that give chills. Again, I don't want do give a wrong impression with this statement, I just think girls will love it more than boys, this album is as feminin as mer de noms.

My .02€