View Full Version : so, i ran into madm this evening.

shaniqua
09-08-2003, 02:08 AM
outside after the andrew wk show here (in toronto). chit-chatted briefly. her album is coming out february 2 (forgot to ask about the photo book) and she was semi-embarrassed about james dedicating songs to her at the montreal apc show the night before. i'm not sure what she's in town for, and xtina i'm sorry i forgot to ask about the photo book. she was her usual gracious, pretty self. some guy asked if she still talked to courtney. hehe.

Dead
09-08-2003, 02:09 AM
You are special.

Boycott Graceland
09-08-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by shaunna
outside after the andrew wk show here (in toronto). chit-chatted briefly. her album is coming out february 2 (forgot to ask about the photo book) and she was semi-embarrassed about james dedicating songs to her at the montreal apc show the night before. i'm not sure what she's in town for, and xtina i'm sorry i forgot to ask about the photo book. she was her usual gracious, pretty self. some guy asked if she still talked to courtney. hehe.
ew, she's still with that guy?

Junebug
09-08-2003, 10:10 AM
awesome. but why would she be semi-embarrassed about james dedicating the songs to her? Or was it like a "oh gee shucks" kind of embarrassed. It doesn't really matter does it.

shaniqua
09-08-2003, 12:49 PM
i dunno if she's still "with" awk but they're definitely friendly.

and junebug i think it was more an "aw, shucks embarrassed"

and xtina, she's in town so you never know where else you can run into her ;)

it was funny, before she came around i kinda mentioned her and some guy was going on about how she was a great bassist but "soooo nasty but don't get me wrong, i'd fuck her!"... then he felt really embarrassed about saying those things after she came and chatted with us. heh.

jukeboxphuckup
09-08-2003, 03:38 PM
and junebug i think it was more an "aw, shucks embarrassed"

hehe. I was at the show. But I didn't realize that he dedicated it to her, because the band kept on saying that the song was dedicated to "Melissa, who's here because of the Make a Wish foundation" or something like that. The APC show was amazing. James sang for us. He did a duet with Twiggy of some 80's pop song. At the end of the show, Twiggy picked up Billy Howerdel's guitar and started playing the riff to Zero, and James just stood there shaking his head. Then he yelled into the microphone and knocked it over. <3 james.

Age Of Empathy
09-08-2003, 03:54 PM
the andrew wk show

dmb > awk

shaniqua
09-08-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy

dmb > awk

gay

jack_kerouac03
09-08-2003, 04:15 PM
you physically ran into her?

did you try and cop a feel?

Boycott Graceland
09-08-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by jack_kerouac03
you physically ran into her?

did you try and cop a feel?
haha

GrungeGuy
09-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Good Report!
Glad to hear she finally has some info on the album, though I am sure it will get delayed again. Did she mention what label it is on? Do you think she is back living in Canada, or is she just visiting while WK is on tour?

shaniqua
09-08-2003, 11:57 PM
she didn't mention the label, and i didn't think to ask about that.

she mentioned that she had a new place in montreal but i think she's just in toronto for a bit... (maybe for the film festival? who knows) all i know is that she said that she was disappointed that she wouldn't be in town for the queens of the stone age show because she would be busy auditioning drummers.

Sean Casey
09-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy

dmb

more like dumb

twilightfadez
09-09-2003, 01:35 PM
she's signed with Capitol Records