View Full Version : superficial conversations(involves a hobo story)

wounded
09-07-2003, 10:56 PM
so you know how we have those superficial conversations everyday. like you pass someone and they say how are you, you say good and you. at least that is my standard response. well i just got busted up twice over the weekend.

one: i just passed a girl that used to be in my class so i say hi and she says what's up. what's up. i wasn't expecting that and i gave my standard pretty good response because i was expecting just a "how are you." i really don't know her that well and a what's up almost implies you want to stop and continue this conversation, but clearly neither of us wanted to do that. so now she probably left thing, he wasn't listening to me at all. either that or what's up is her standard response.

two: the hobo. same thing happened. i passed a homeless guy over the weekend and he said how's it going and i gave the standard, "pretty good" and you and he said "pretty shitty." and i thought, oh yeah, your a hobo, my bad.

i need to get some new respsonses and try rotating them.

Eulogy
09-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by wounded

he said how's it going and i gave the standard, "pretty good" and you and he said "pretty shitty." and i thought, oh yeah, your a hobo, my bad.

lol

wounded
09-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy

lol

yeah i felt bad, but at the same time it was rather humorous. i guess i expected a standard fine or good

Eulogy
09-07-2003, 11:05 PM

yeah i felt bad

Eh, he asked first.

oui henri
09-08-2003, 12:25 AM
This lady today in the store said to me, "Hello there"

and i said, "i'm fine, thanks"

mirrar
09-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by oui henri
This lady today in the store said to me, "Hello there"

and i said, "i'm fine, thanks" ahh i do that all the time.. i feel so retarded.

Netphorian Gadabout
09-08-2003, 12:32 AM

i need to get some new respsonses and try rotating them.

"Yes, I would like oral sex! Thanks for asking!" works OK for me. I mean, most people are offended, but even if only 1-of-100 are tricked into thinking they offered, it's worth the effort.

SuckSuckStyle
09-08-2003, 01:45 AM
that happened to me about ten minutes ago but i didnt really care.

i walked by my CSA's room and he was sitting at his door eating pizza.

"how's it going?"

"not bad you?"

"fantastic"

"locked out?"

"yep"

"that's great"

i didnt even stop to talk, i just kept walking and talked louder so he could hear me across the courtyard. poor guy. at least he has pizza.