View Full Version : why Rocket wasn't *******d in the greatest hits CD


akaneironokaze
09-07-2003, 03:00 PM
also for the begining is the end is the begining?

peabody
09-07-2003, 04:07 PM
i would have taken Rocket over Zero anyday.

alisonmonster
09-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Why wasen't I Am One?! I think thats a bigger shocker. I know its on the Japanese Rotten Apples. Why not the North American release?!:confused:

Age Of Empathy
09-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Rocket should have been. Plain and simple.

As far as TEITBITE goes, they weren't allowed to put it on the Greatest Hits because the song belonged to Warner, not to Virgin.

Porcelina Ruby
09-07-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by peabody
i would have taken Rocket over Zero anyday.


no way, I can't believe you can say that?
I think I am one shoulvd ve been there , replacing siva

dishpan
09-07-2003, 05:57 PM
i think 33 should be on there. its not really a greatest hits, just a collection of most of the singles.

wounded
09-07-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy
Rocket should have been. Plain and simple.

As far as TEITBITE goes, they weren't allowed to put it on the Greatest Hits because the song belonged to Warner, not to Virgin.

they probably didn't put it on there because it sucks. plain and simple

Toby
09-07-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by wounded


they probably didn't put it on there because it sucks. plain and simple How can you say rocket sucks? Its in my top 3 favorite songs on SD!

Electron52
09-07-2003, 06:54 PM
real love doesnt deserve to be on there... it doesnt even fit well.

Eulogy
09-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Toby
How can you say rocket sucks? Its in my top 3 favorite songs on SD!

I think he meant TEITBITE. Maybe not though.

But I <3 TEITBITE too. It's great. The drums at the end....good stuff.

wounded
09-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy


I think he meant TEITBITE. Maybe not though.

But I <3 TEITBITE too. It's great. The drums at the end....good stuff.

yes i did. sorry for any confusion.


i love rocket.

shadow47
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Electron52
real love doesnt deserve to be on there... it doesnt even fit well.

The song probably means something special to Billy...not to mention it's the best track from Machina II (it's not like he could gauge fan reaction or "greatness" on those tracks anyway).

wounded
09-07-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by shadow47


The song probably means something special to Billy...not to mention it's the best track from Machina II (it's not like he could gauge fan reaction or "greatness" on those tracks anyway).

the crazy thing is... it's actuallyt the worst track from machina II. and i hate the production

Reyngel
09-07-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by wounded


the crazy thing is... it's actuallyt the worst track from machina II. and i hate the production

I think you forgot about Le Deux Machina.

wounded
09-07-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel


I think you forgot about Le Deux Machina.

i did. but i think i will stand by my statement.

Axis of Action
09-07-2003, 11:43 PM
yeah, Real Love is ridiculous, machina LMGTWTY would have been much more appropriate.

as for the other issues ~

TEITBITE owns, if you ever saw it live, you know what I'm talking about.

I Am One owns, they're stupid.

Rocket owns, they're really stupid.

sarmatianus
09-08-2003, 12:04 AM
Guess they'll need to put out a second volume now...

Axis of Action
09-08-2003, 12:06 AM
sounds good.

with a second disc featuring the 'new' Adore demos. yeah buddy. :cool:

alisonmonster
09-08-2003, 12:58 AM
they should put it ALL out- a 2o cd compilation. then we'd all be happy.30 hrs of pumpkins....my head would explode. Getting familiar with MCIS took long enough.

i'm still wondering why not I Am One though....

zerozwan
09-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Porcelina Ruby



no way, I can't believe you can say that?
is that a question?

As far as TEITBITE goes, they weren't allowed to put it on the Greatest Hits because the song belonged to Warner, not to Virgin.
i guess that's why it's also not on the dvd, huh? that's always pissed me off a lot.

Dead
09-08-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by zerozwan

is that a question?

i guess that's why it's also not on the dvd, huh? that's always pissed me off a lot.
Someone on the hub has it on laserdisc but I forget who. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been released on dvd, the whores. Also: you suck.

sarmatianus
09-08-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Sehki
with a second disc featuring the 'new' Adore demos. yeah buddy. :cool:

As with most Corgan-related recording sessions, I suspect that the Adore recording sessions are far more fruitful than we could possibly imagine. According to the SPFC studio history, 40 songs and fragments were recorded.

Toby
09-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by wounded


yes i did. sorry for any confusion.


i love rocket. OK, fair enough :o

Ghetto_Squirrel
09-08-2003, 08:08 PM
I thought Chewing Gum for sure should have been on the Greatest Hits, since that was obviously the single song that got the Pumpkins on mainstream radar.

zerozwan
09-09-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Dead
Also: you suck.
I'M GONNA FUCK YOU AND ALL YOUR LESBIAN FISH-EATING FRIENDS IN FRONT OF YOUR FUCKIN MOTHAS! YOU'RE GONNA DIE BITCH! I'M COMING OUT OF THE BOOOOOOTH-AH!

Dead
09-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by zerozwan
I'M GONNA FUCK YOU AND ALL YOUR LESBIAN FISH-EATING FRIENDS IN FRONT OF YOUR FUCKIN MOTHAS! YOU'RE GONNA DIE BITCH! I'M COMING OUT OF THE BOOOOOOTH-AH!
Well, thanks for the heads up.

Ihaman
09-09-2003, 03:59 AM
Rocket is awful.

Deege
09-09-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by wounded


they probably didn't put it on there because it sucks. plain and simple Nope, that theory goes out the window....if "it sucks, so it doesn't go on there" applied, Eye would not have been on there....

vedder
09-09-2003, 07:59 AM
the end is the begining is the end should have been on greatest hits replacing real love or eye.real love and eye are really great songs but i think that the end is the begining is the end kicks ass.

siamesegod
09-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
I know its on the Japanese Rotten Apples.

no it's not on the japanese version

wounded
09-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Deege
Nope, that theory goes out the window....if "it sucks, so it doesn't go on there" applied, Eye would not have been on there....

eye >>>>>>>>>teitbite

it is a scientific fact. i'm really glad eye popped up on there.

Ihaman
09-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by vedder
the end is the begining is the end should have been on greatest hits replacing real love or eye.real love and eye are really great songs but i think that the end is the begining is the end kicks ass.

except for virgin dosent own the rights to that song

alisonmonster
09-09-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by siamesegod


no it's not on the japanese version

according to spfc.org- I Am One ison the euro. edition of Rotten Apples and Siva is not - so i guess i could've been wrong about the japanese edition.

MstrGhost
09-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by alisonmonster


according to spfc.org- I Am One ison the euro. edition of Rotten Apples and Siva is not - so i guess i could've been wrong about the japanese edition.

No it's not, those tracklists were spread before it came out. No european rotten apples has I am one. They are the same everywere. Oh and wtf, no 2lp?

Eulogy
09-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Ihaman
Rocket is awful.

No.

Hummer --> Rocket --> Disarm --> Soma --> Geek U.S.A. --> Mayonaise = best stretch of songs ever.

Nate the Grate
09-09-2003, 10:58 PM
TBITEITB>>>TEITBITE

ah hah, it had to be said.

jet set willy
09-10-2003, 05:51 AM
Australian one has Try Try Try instead of landslide I think.

Porcelina Ruby
09-10-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by jet set willy
Australian one has Try Try Try instead of landslide I think.

European also has try try try, and no landslide, and also is lacking I am one

tonite2nite
09-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by peabody
i would have taken Rocket over Zero anyday.
So would I, SO would I

kamikaze
09-16-2003, 10:01 PM
:erm