View Full Version : I really like Judas O


Travis Meekz
09-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Yep. I do. Soot and Stars makes me happy.

peabody
09-05-2003, 12:00 PM
i've never listened to that "album" the whole way through. i've never really even listened to anything on it other than Slow Dawn and Saturnine.

Dead
09-05-2003, 01:36 PM
I like Saturnine, Sparrow, Rock On, Slow Dawn, and some other ones. But it sure doesn't work together as an album the way Pisces does. I think of it as like a compilation of various tracks that don't go together.

n0mj121
09-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Sometimes, what you need to listen to is a little jumbled mess of beautiful things. Judas O is wonderful.

Dead
09-05-2003, 02:04 PM
I don't think its wonderful but it has some wonderful songs on it. The fact that it doesn't fit together and is full of songs I already had makes it not that special to me. But if you don't take into consideration that some songs have been out previously, I guess its pretty good. Hard to see it that way though.

wounded
09-05-2003, 02:07 PM
that version of saturnine is great.

Mayfuck
09-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Hmm. I listen to all the songs in it except Saturnine.

kevinjboconnor
09-05-2003, 02:50 PM
is "waiting" on Judas O

i think it is if i remember right.

waiting is the best ever

zerozwan
09-05-2003, 02:57 PM
yeah, 'waiting' is on there. it's a great song.

i like judas o a lot too... but i agree with dead. it's totally put together in a weird way that makes me not want to listen to it all the through.

House of Bread
09-05-2003, 03:14 PM
i put it in today after not listening to it for a while, and enjoyed it much more than I ever have before.

Dead
09-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Saturnine is the best track on there! :cool:

And yeah I wouldn't listen to it all the way through.

MstrGhost
09-05-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by wounded
that version of saturnine is great.

It's funny, I find it works better than pisces...

bonsor
09-05-2003, 05:01 PM
the machina ii version of saturnine is far superior. that song needs to be gritty and brown. now shiny and silver.

Age Of Empathy
09-05-2003, 06:45 PM
The only thing I really listen to from that disc is Sparrow > Waiting from time to time. I love the transition between the two songs.

Atom Bomb and Saturnine are also cool, but the rest of the disc doesn't really interest me. (Beucase you Are & Soot + Stars is unbearable in my mind)

MstrGhost
09-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by ******
the machina ii version of saturnine is far superior. that song needs to be gritty and brown. now shiny and silver.

True, and lyrics are better and darker (waste your time vs make you mine and that sort of stuff). But it's an highlight anyway.

Dead
09-05-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MstrGhost
True, and lyrics are better and darker (waste your time vs make you mine and that sort of stuff). But it's an highlight anyway.
I dispute your assertion that "waste your time" is darker than "make you mine". Making someone your bitch is obviously much darker than simply wasting their time. :rolleyes:

Can I get a witness??

Corganist
09-05-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ******
the machina ii version of saturnine is far superior. that song needs to be gritty and brown. now shiny and silver.

I don't know if its *far* superior. Both versions are good in their own right. But I do lean towards the m2 version if only for sentimentality. It was the first track off m2 that I downloaded, and I still get a little chill down my spine when I remember that initial listen. Hard to beleive it was *exactly* 3 years ago today.

Sean Casey
09-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Here's to the Atom Bomb is so much better on the machina II version

I don't listen to it (Judas O) very often. Waiting is one of my favorite SP songs, though.

Reyngel
09-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Dead

I dispute your assertion that "waste your time" is darker than "make you mine". Making someone your bitch is obviously much darker than simply wasting their time. :rolleyes:

Can I get a witness??

Uh, the Judas/Adore-era Saturnine has both "waste your time" and "make you mine" in it.

Dead
09-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel
Uh, the Judas/Adore-era Saturnine has both "waste your time" and "make you mine" in it.
Tell that to him, not me! :mad:

House of Bread
09-06-2003, 02:11 AM
it is all about sparrow

palidor
09-06-2003, 04:05 PM
sparrow is the best song on judas o.

Toby
09-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
Here's to the Atom Bomb is so much better on the machina II version
I don't listen to it (Judas O) very often. Waiting is one of my favorite SP songs, though. my thoughts exactly casey!




Originally posted by palidor
sparrow is the best song on judas o. I used to hate sparrow, but it's grown on me and I love it now.

mellon_c0llie
09-06-2003, 07:35 PM
the album is full of half backed ideas.

MstrGhost
09-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Reyngel


Uh, the Judas/Adore-era Saturnine has both "waste your time" and "make you mine" in it.

I know, but the other version doesn't. Anyway I find no darkness (as in suffer, depressing stuff) in a pimp line as "make you mine" :p

alisonmonster
09-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Best version of Slow Dawn is on Judas 0 -i don't like the alternate version from Machina II. And of course Set the Ray to Jerry!

Tudd
09-07-2003, 07:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that Slow Dawn is exactly the same on both albums. And I never really like Judas O. It was a good idea, and there are some good songs on it, but on the whole, I don't think it's that special. I don't really listen to it.

alisonmonster
09-08-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Tudd
I'm pretty sure that Slow Dawn is exactly the same on both albums. And I never really like Judas O. It was a good idea, and there are some good songs on it, but on the whole, I don't think it's that special. I don't really listen to it.

there's 2 versions i'm pretty sure.i can't find my machina II for sure though.

Nuclear Jesus
09-08-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by alisonmonster
there's 2 versions i'm pretty sure.i can't find my machina II for sure though.
Hmm, well, I never noticed any difference between Judas O and Machina II. But I too can't check, I don't have my Judas O here in my dorm.

Dead
09-08-2003, 02:11 AM
There's only one Slow Dawn, its the same on both.

pale blue eyes
09-08-2003, 01:02 PM
I don't listen to it that often but it is pretty good as far as b-sides go.

tonite2nite
09-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Ttravis Mmeekz
Yep. I do. Soot and Stars makes me happy.
I love judas O and i absolutely love soot and stars i listen to it every day at least.

Eulogy
09-09-2003, 09:08 PM
Because You Are is ass.

Sparrow is ass.

Rock On is part ass.

The rest is great. I think. I might be forgetting something.

smashingjj
09-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Long time ago since I listened to that one.

wangcomputers
09-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Eulogy
Because You Are is ass.

Rock On is part ass.


agreed. The rest is good though.

Axis of Action
09-10-2003, 02:51 PM
slow dawn is ++++++++++++++++++ yay

waiting is quality, believe (the only Iha song I really totally like), I even like rock on. don't ask why. it IS part ass, but damn. it's a nice, round, tight, tan ass.

oclaftap
09-10-2003, 04:32 PM
its a good album, it would of been better if "once in a while" was on it

alisonmonster
09-10-2003, 06:14 PM
rock on is terrible-one of the few pumpkins songs i outright turn off as soon as i hear it.

Dead
09-11-2003, 01:04 AM
They should have put Laugh on there. And Rock On rocks, don't be hatin'! Should have also put Lover and Towers of Rabble. And taken off Because You Are. WORST SONG EVER!

zerozwan
09-11-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy
Soot + Stars is unbearable in my mind)
really? i've always liked that song. it makes me want to kill myself.

in a good way.

Diamond Dream
09-11-2003, 04:14 AM
I'm happy with the unreleased songs but.... nevermind.

Dead
09-11-2003, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by zerozwan

really? i've always liked that song. it makes me want to kill myself.

in a good way.
That song is good except for the parts where he says 'esmerelda' and 'greek mythology'. Those two parts totally ruin it for me.

Eulogy
09-11-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Dead

That song is good except for the parts where he says 'esmerelda' and 'greek mythology'. Those two parts totally ruin it for me.

Oh yeah. Especially the greek mythology. What the hell is that?

Kentaro
09-13-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Dead
And taken off Because You Are. WORST SONG EVER!