View Full Version : Billy Corgan's book

temptingEve
09-04-2003, 04:17 PM
I wondered if any of you noticed billy has a book (deal?) in the works...a friend told me he was doing a poetry reading at the art institute in chicago on sept. 17 and under his description it reads: "Billy Corgan is the singer and songwriter of the band ZWAN, singer and songwriter of the critically acclaimed and internationally celebrated Chicago band The Smashing Pumpkins, and a poet with a book in the works." this piqued my interest and i wondered if any of you hear heard anything about it? what the book would be about, etc.? i havn't followed the pumpkins/billy as closely after they split so i probably missed something that may have been posted awhile ago

MonteLDS
09-04-2003, 04:37 PM
http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32161

temptingEve
09-04-2003, 05:06 PM
yeah..nobody else except one person in there even mentioned the book..thanks for the link though! apparently they were all still debating how 'gay' the reading would be, etc.

pale blue eyes
09-04-2003, 08:45 PM
When is the reading anyway?

Toby
09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Phreak
When is the reading anyway?

Originally posted by temptingEve
a friend told me he was doing a poetry reading at the art institute in chicago on sept. 17

the_marked
09-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Billy Corgan's "The Mystery Of The Black Swan."
-a detailed look at this mystery from inside a bunker

seriously though, i wonder what it'll be about. an autobiography? this better not be released before the metro dvd :mad:

pale blue eyes
09-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Toby

What can I say? I'm a skimmer.

temptingEve
09-05-2003, 10:32 AM
Doors open at 6 and it sounds like he'll actually be opening the reading which starts at 6:30 although you know they always make you wait like a half hour..45 minutes...

anyways, something else i read led me to believe that it would be a book of his poetry....so perhaps that's it ("performance of his own poetry...YET to be released)

Billy Corgan
Art Institute of Chicago, Rubloff Auditorium
Sep 17, 2003
Billy Corgan of Zwan and The Smashing Pumpkins opens The Poetry Center of Chicago's 31st Annual Reading Series with a performance of his own poetry, yet to be released.