View Full Version : Chrysanthemum and Cast A Stone


Woody
08-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Should've been on a Zwan album.

Just felt like sayin' it, s'all.

Glare Seethe
08-30-2003, 02:43 PM
I disagree... I find them both terribly trite and generic. Cast A Stone especially. I never understood why people like it so much.

Woody
08-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Glare Seethe
I disagree... I find them both terribly trite and generic. Cast A Stone especially. I never understood why people like it so much.

I felt exactly the same way about Cast A Stone. As someone here put it back in December '01, it is really obvious. However, over the last 2 years it has really grown on me, and is now my favorite Zwan song. Strange.

Age Of Empathy
08-30-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Glare Seethe
I disagree... I find them both terribly trite and generic. Cast A Stone especially. I never understood why people like it so much.

I agree with Cast A Stone. I'm not a big fan of it although I can understand why it is appealing to some; it's poppy, and it's catchy. Although I think Chrysanthemum rocks.

I think if there was a survey done regarding the song that definitely should have been on the album - I think most people would vote for Glorious.

Dead
08-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Glorious and The Empty Sea

Zero23
08-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Dead
The Empty Sea Definitely.

mrjackalope
08-30-2003, 04:51 PM
i'd have put almost all the songs they played at the first few shows on the album...chrys., stone, empty sea, spilled milk, what've they done to me?, my life and times (would've been a good single), THE SHINING PATH, how things are, glorious, ect. the album would've been killer then.

siamesegod
08-30-2003, 05:11 PM
Empty Sea

Todellakin!

Age Of Empathy
08-30-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by mrjackalope
i'd have put almost all the songs they played at the first few shows on the album...chrys., stone, empty sea, spilled milk, what've they done to me?, my life and times (would've been a good single), THE SHINING PATH, how things are, glorious, ect. the album would've been killer then.

couldn't argue this.

Esty
08-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Glorious and The Empty Sea

Mayfuck
08-30-2003, 07:23 PM
Such a shame they ditched all those songs.

Future Boy
08-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Glorious and The Empty Sea
:rockon:
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Such a shame they ditched all those songs.

And the reasoning why ("It sounded too much like the pumpkins") was/is complete shit.

the_marked
08-30-2003, 09:32 PM
I always felt that The Empty Sea was the best Zwan song. Disappointed that they didn't put it on the album :unhappy:

oclaftap
08-30-2003, 10:12 PM
my life and times, is one of my favorite zwan songs that should defineitely be on a cd

Dead
08-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Future Boy
And the reasoning why ("It sounded too much like the pumpkins") was/is complete shit.
Where did you hear that was the reason?

aldango
08-31-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Dead

Where did you hear that was the reason?

Billy told me that before the Houston Zwan show.

zerozwan
09-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Dead
Glorious and The Empty Sea
those songs would have been out of place on MSOTS... they were good. :rolleyes:

i think they should both be b-sides on the 'come with me' single. rawk. ;)

Dead
09-02-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by zekix
Billy told me that before the Houston Zwan show.
That's a good source. :cool:

Dead
09-02-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by zerozwan
those songs would have been out of place on MSOTS...
Not if you replaced all the other songs with the oldschool True Poets material. What have they done to me, My life and times, Chrysanthemum, Never Give Up, Sorrow, Permanence, I could go on. I will. Spilled Milk, Cast a stone, I think that might be it. You could throw on The Shining Path if you want. Basically just the setlist from 2001/11/18 is what I'm getting at. What an awesome show. :rockon:

cap'n jazz
09-02-2003, 05:29 AM
They changed Glorious and it sucked.

jczeroman
09-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by mrjackalope
i'd have put almost all the songs they played at the first few shows on the album...chrys., stone, empty sea, spilled milk, what've they done to me?, my life and times (would've been a good single), THE SHINING PATH, how things are, glorious, ect. the album would've been killer then.

nah, they would have zwanned up those songs and made them much more zwan then when they were first played.

This thread should read:

"I'm glad they didn't fuck up Chrysanthemum and Cast A Stone by putting them on a zwan album."

guz
09-02-2003, 12:06 PM
it's all about 'shining path'.

The Gaddrow
09-03-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by guz
it's all about 'shining path'. Word, brother, word.

Nothing/everything
09-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by jczeroman
This thread should read:

"I'm glad they didn't fuck up Chrysanthemum and Cast A Stone by putting them on a zwan album."


exactly. Songs like yeah, ride a black swan and endless summer didn't sound like crap when they were first played live.

Dead
09-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
Word, brother, word.
I disagree with this post.

Junebug
09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I have to say, hearing what they did with endless summer and Jesus, I (even though the latter's album version is still great)...it makes me sort of glad they didn't put empty sea, wasting time, and others on the zwan album.

Originally posted by zekix


Billy told me that before the Houston Zwan show.
were you one of the lucky ones that met him in the park?

aldango
09-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Junebug
were you one of the lucky ones that met him in the park?

yes.

the_marked
09-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jczeroman


nah, they would have zwanned up those songs and made them much more zwan then when they were first played.


:D
i really did lol there