View Full Version : Wow! I never thought of it this way!

metal mercy
08-28-2003, 10:51 PM
This is odd. Just think about it, as I'm sure you have already: We've got the Smashing Pumpkins, James, Billy, D'arcy and Jimmy. Okay. Billy Corgan dates Courtney Love, that's a connection throug her to Nirvana and the Lemonheads and Sonic Youth and Soul Asylum and Foo Fighters I guess, not to mention Hole and the later addition of Melissa. Okay. SP does a song with Veruca Salt, another Chicago band, on the Bullet with Butterfly Wings single. Cool. Okay. SP does a song with Mike Mills as well, connecting them to REM, and tour with Chili Peppers, Screaming Trees, etc. Okay, so SP falls apart, but not before Joey Waronker plays on Adore, Joey who goes on to play with Beck, Abandoned Pools and others. Okay...so SP is dead. Through Kerry, we've got connection to Catherine, and also some connections beforehand to Frogs and Skunk and Deep Blue Dream. We've got Melissa from Hole, and then that's it. Billy forms a band with members of A Perfect Circle, Slint and Chavez and Papa M, therefore through the connection to A Perfect Circle also affecting Tool and (eventually) Marilyn Manson, who in turn were Nine Inch Nails' proteges. Anyway, cool. That I can dig. Then Iha joins A Perfect Circle, and Troy leaves APC to join Queens of the Stone Age, another connection, and Queens frontman Josh Homme is dating Brody from Distillers, ex-wife of Tim from Rancid. Not to mention that SP's manager for a while was Sharon Osbourne, wife of Ozzy, a connection in a way to Black Sabbath. And SP did a tribute cover of Never Let Me Down Again, as well as other covers of the Cars, The Cure, Blondie, whoever originally wrote My Blue Heaven, and others live. And think of all the producers, Butch Vig...Garbage, Nirvana, others. Flood and Alan Moulder...U2, etc. GOD! MY HEAD HURTS! If you think of how many other musical types a band connects to, even in remote ways, in and after their career, it is astonishing. And I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing, too, like all the bands SP has named as an influence, and friends of theirs from the time like Chainsaw Kitten and Pearl Jam. Wow! *I'm bored, can you tell?* :D :D

peabody
08-28-2003, 11:04 PM
let's play 6 degrees of kevin bacon.

Electro
08-28-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by metal mercy
This is odd. Just think about it, as I'm sure you have already: We've got the Smashing Pumpkins, James, Billy, D'arcy and Jimmy. Okay. Billy Corgan dates Courtney Love, that's a connection throug her to Nirvana and the Lemonheads and Sonic Youth and Soul Asylum and Foo Fighters I guess, not to mention Hole and the later addition of Melissa. Okay. SP does a song with Veruca Salt, another Chicago band, on the Bullet with Butterfly Wings single. Cool. Okay. SP does a song with Mike Mills as well, connecting them to REM, and tour with Chili Peppers, Screaming Trees, etc. Okay, so SP falls apart, but not before Joey Waronker plays on Adore, Joey who goes on to play with Beck, Abandoned Pools and others. Okay...so SP is dead. Through Kerry, we've got connection to Catherine, and also some connections beforehand to Frogs and Skunk and Deep Blue Dream. We've got Melissa from Hole, and then that's it. Billy forms a band with members of A Perfect Circle, Slint and Chavez and Papa M, therefore through the connection to A Perfect Circle also affecting Tool and (eventually) Marilyn Manson, who in turn were Nine Inch Nails' proteges. Anyway, cool. That I can dig. Then Iha joins A Perfect Circle, and Troy leaves APC to join Queens of the Stone Age, another connection, and Queens frontman Josh Homme is dating Brody from Distillers, ex-wife of Tim from Rancid. Not to mention that SP's manager for a while was Sharon Osbourne, wife of Ozzy, a connection in a way to Black Sabbath. And SP did a tribute cover of Never Let Me Down Again, as well as other covers of the Cars, The Cure, Blondie, whoever originally wrote My Blue Heaven, and others live. And think of all the producers, Butch Vig...Garbage, Nirvana, others. Flood and Alan Moulder...U2, etc. GOD! MY HEAD HURTS! If you think of how many other musical types a band connects to, even in remote ways, in and after their career, it is astonishing. And I'm sure there's a lot I'm missing, too, like all the bands SP has named as an influence, and friends of theirs from the time like Chainsaw Kitten and Pearl Jam. Wow! *I'm bored, can you tell?* :D :D

now if you square the time it took you to think and write that, you would have squared the amount of time you wasted and amount of time you wish you had used better before you die.

Smoothie
08-29-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by metal mercy
GOD! MY HEAD HURTS!

relaxor!
08-29-2003, 02:22 AM
That was pretty consuming to read!

bowmaan
08-29-2003, 02:43 AM
I read all that assuming it was going somewhere, but I was let down.

Terrible post.

Dead
08-29-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by bowmaan

Terrible post.
I agree with this post.

Injektilo
08-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by bowmaan

Terrible post.

Ugly
08-29-2003, 10:36 AM
total bandcest, my friend. you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.