View Full Version : When is settle down coming out!?

spfreak
08-25-2003, 02:23 PM
:mad:
wheres the settle down single and video!?
:mad:

CandyPotter
08-25-2003, 02:42 PM
When they can arrange for Travis' car to get to Chicago for the video shoot. Duh.

DeviousJ
08-25-2003, 03:10 PM
Oh dude, didn't you hear? It was stolen from outside his house.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH RRRRIGHT

Ugly
08-25-2003, 03:10 PM
my guess? Never.

Ugly
08-25-2003, 03:13 PM
on a semi-related note I think the singles off MSOTS should have been – <B>Honestly</B>, <B>Yeah!</B>, <B>Baby, Lets Rock!</B> and <B>And So I Died</B>.

And on a semi-related note to that semi-related note, that makes for a pretty funky sentence: “Honestly, yeah baby, lets rock! And so I died. . .”

Dead
08-25-2003, 07:44 PM
The first single should have been Come With Me, and the second should have been an edit of Mary Star of the Sea with Jesus cut out. And not a rainbow or paz to be seen in any videos. Then Zwan would have succeeded, I tell you! :cool:

EDIT: No horses either. Including Paz! OHHHHHH! :eek:

mrjackalope
08-25-2003, 08:49 PM
actually, i think of a broken heart is the next single. though really, why bother...

zerozwan
08-25-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Dead
No horses either.
same goes for the wolves.

MstrGhost
08-25-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
my guess? Never.

Transformer
08-26-2003, 10:50 PM
Think about it....how long ago was the album released? Did it really do THAT well?

I'll be suprised if they release settle down....but i will buy it if they do ;)

Dead
08-26-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Transformer
I'll be suprised if they release settle down....but i will buy it if they do ;)
Why would you buy it? The last single was so lame I didn't buy it, and I buy everything. I have 4 Zwan shirts for crap sakes. Yes, I am ashamed (even though one was free). :o

Transformer
08-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Since Lyric wasn't released here, i have yet to get that....

Reyngel
08-27-2003, 04:52 AM
the second should have been an edit of Mary Star of the Sea with Jesus cut out.

The problem with that is that it would be too long to be a single. Isn't MSOTS 8 minutes long or something? Zwan would never be able to play the song live on shows like Jay Leno, or Conan, or even SNL, since they make bands choose songs that are around 5 minutes max.

Dead
08-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Its 8:37 on the album.

I don't care, it should still be the second single after Come With Me!

Rider
08-27-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Reyngel

The problem with that is that it would be too long to be a single. Isn't MSOTS 8 minutes long or something? Zwan would never be able to play the song live on shows like Jay Leno, or Conan, or even SNL, since they make bands choose songs that are around 5 minutes max.

Yeah like Zwan really has to worry about being on any of those shows right now.

Boycott Graceland
08-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Rider

Yeah like Zwan really has to worry about being on any of those shows right now.
yeah, we're not going to be seeing zwan on tv...ever. maybe carson's show on nbc. but that's like a fucking open mic.

oui henri
08-27-2003, 11:59 AM
worst song ever.

Affectation
08-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Zwan has run it's course. There are no more radio singles coming out for MSOTS.

guz
08-27-2003, 12:30 PM
<B>Baby, Lets Rock!</B>that song is atrocious.

TheJoker
08-27-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

yeah, we're not going to be seeing zwan on tv...ever. maybe carson's show on nbc. but that's like a fucking open mic.

what the fuck man? Sonic Youth played there.

Ugly
08-27-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by guz
that song is atrocious.

If by atrocious you mean <B>AWESOME!</B> then yes.

17 Seconds
08-27-2003, 02:59 PM
Maybe it will be a radio-only single. Settle Down was played on Music Choice (one of my digital cable music channels) this past Saturday. They seem to only play the "singles" on that channel.

Boycott Graceland
08-27-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TheJoker

what the fuck man? Sonic Youth played there.

guz
08-27-2003, 04:44 PM
If by atrocious you mean <B>AWESOME!</B> then yes. by atrocious i mean one of the worst songs B.C. has ever written.

Ugly
08-27-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by guz
by atrocious i mean one of the worst songs B.C. has ever written.

And by worst song ever written by Corgan you mean that it’s a totally radio-friendly song that would have worked if they had made it a single. It has a catchy riff, easy disposable lyrics that would stick in your brain, and expressing sentiments such as “Baby, lets rock” and “Baby I’m the greatest thing you got” that would have gone over great on commercial radio. Any event its more relatable, mindless as it is, than the obscurities of “Lyric”.

guz
08-27-2003, 05:11 PM
And by worst song ever written by Corgan you mean that it’s a totally radio-friendly song that would have worked if they had made it a single. It has a catchy riff, easy disposable lyrics that would stick in your brain, and expressing sentiments such as “Baby, lets rock” and “Baby I’m the greatest thing you got” that would have gone over great on commercial radio. Any event its more relatable, mindless as it is, than the obscurities of “Lyric”. perhaps on radio disney, or kiis fm. no way does that song make any rock stations playlist. that song had no chance right from the get-go with the cheesy synth-organ mistake. if it were purely about getting easy lyrics out there, 'honestly' would have done better than it did. the album sucked, that's the one and only reason zwan has tanked it's debut. it's not their choice of singles, the rainbow style, billy's reputation...the album sucked, plain & simple.

Ugly
08-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by guz
perhaps on radio disney, or kiis fm. no way does that song make any rock stations playlist. that song had no chance right from the get-go with the cheesy synth-organ mistake. if it were purely about getting easy lyrics out there, 'honestly' would have done better than it did. the album sucked, that's the one and only reason zwan has tanked it's debut. it's not their choice of singles, the rainbow style, billy's reputation...the album sucked, plain & simple.

Honestly was #1 on the rock station up here and got fairly heavy rotation. The album didn't suck, it had way too many cool guitar solos for it to suck ass. If anyone remembers the reviews, they were all actually fairly positive. Lyric was a terrible choice for a 2nd single and Zwan got a bad rep as being "Billy Corgan's new band." They had some of the most horrible videos ever seen and they didn't attack the airwaves with songs fast enough. There was too much dicking around, and dropping out in the middle of a tour not releasing single after single didn't help at all.

Dead
08-28-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Hyperbole

haven't you heard 'Honestly'?

or 'Desire'?

'Heartsong'?
All three of those songs are better than Baby Lets Rock. You don't rock. THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!!!

guz
08-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Honestly was #1 on the rock station up here and got fairly heavy rotation. The album didn't suck, it had way too many cool guitar solos for it to suck ass. If anyone remembers the reviews, they were all actually fairly positive. :rofl: :rofl:

guz
08-28-2003, 01:20 PM
All songs are better than Baby Lets Rock.

17 Seconds
08-28-2003, 01:51 PM

All three of those songs are better than Baby Lets Rock. You don't rock. THUMBS DOWN!!!!!!!!

Easily the worst song on the album.

Ugly
08-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by guz
:rofl: :rofl:

Smileys. When you have completely nothing to say and no counterpoint you post :rofl:. Real original. way to be, dumbass.

Go check out the reviews of the album on SPFC, they're on the positive side.

Dead
08-28-2003, 02:27 PM
I never used to give a shit about Baby Let's Rock until Billy introduced it at the opera house in Dec 2002, he said something like "This is for all the women that have caused me pain, and all the men who have to bear that pain." At that moment me and Brandon looked at eachother and we knew eachother's pain and then the song was suddenly cool. Stupid chicks! :mad:

guz
08-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Smileys. When you have completely nothing to say and no counterpoint you post :rofl:. Real original. way to be, dumbass.
i was debating even continuing after the 'heavy rotation' comment. :rofl: define heavy rotation....i think KROQ in Los Angeles played Honestly for 2-3 weeks....maybe? Lyric, that may have never even hit the airwaves here. the album was a flop, why am i bothering with this?

guz
08-28-2003, 02:48 PM
on that note, i'm done w/ this thread. i'm glad you enjoy the album, you're few and far between, so it's good to see i guess. the album was a flop, and for good reason...i'm tired of talking about it.

Ugly
08-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Honestly got solid airplay for 3 months + on FM 96 in London, made it to #1. whatever the case may be with KROQ that’s not my concern. I heard it a bunch of times on Edge 102 in Toronto, but I wasn’t in town long enough to see how it did. Lyric got zero airplay anyway but I wasn’t debating that. “Heavy rotation” is a misphrase, because something like Nickelback’s “Hero” is one you hear every hour. I would hear Honestly frequently and it did rather well in my area.

The album did flop commercially, not critically. Once again, read the reviews. It came out in 3rd spot because all the ex-pumpkinheads got it. There weren’t enough singles out there to justify non fans going out and picking it up. Everyone seems to be ripping it a new asshole around because it wasn’t quasi-acoustic touchy feely whining and bitching crap. To my mind, if it has lots of distortion, guitar work, catchy songs with enjoyable hooks, crazy JC drumming it works. I’d rather hear “Baby Lets Rock” instead of “Wasting Time” any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays.

The problem was a lame follow up to a fairly solid first single. To bring this all back to my main point, Lyric isn’t a radio-friendly song. All that really stands out in the song is Jimmy’s drumming and that isn’t enough to get people to notice it. Yeah and Baby, Lets Rock are because they’re so mindless and rocky they would click with a mass audience. Combine a lame follow up with some of the worst videos in the history of mankind, we’re back to the same problem Virgin had – mismanagement and poor promotion. Falling apart in the middle of a European tour and instead of hitting the bricks with more singles, media blitzes and appealing videos are also at fault.

thebaconpress
08-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by guz
why am i bothering with this?

Judging by your posts, you think are you some high and mighty tasteful music lover whose opinions are the bottom line for what other people should follow.

Judging by your posts and your date registered, you are a lonely 25 year old that has nothing better to do than post on the Netphoria boards for the sake of arguing with people who really don't take your opinions with a grain of salt because you come across as an arrogant asshole.

Judging by your posts, date registered and your location, the above information is correct.

Have a nice day.

guz
08-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by thebaconpress
Judging by your posts, date registered and your location, the above information is correct.

Have a nice day. :rofl: this is a new name w/ a post transfer...i've been here for 3-4 years smart guy.

thebaconpress
08-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by guz
:rofl: this is a new name w/ a post transfer...i've been here for 3-4 years smart guy.

As I said:

Lonely 25 year old that has nothing better to do than post on the Netphoria boards for the sake of arguing with people who really don't take your opinions with a grain of salt because you come across as an arrogant asshole.

And smileys are the universal language for "I can't comment with words so here is a funny round face".

guz
08-28-2003, 07:01 PM
:eek: :p :) :cool: :mrpimp: :cry: :blush: :smoke:

:cheers:

Porcelina Ruby
08-28-2003, 07:04 PM

As I said:

Lonely 25 year old that has nothing better to do than post on the Netphoria boards for the sake of arguing with people who really don't take your opinions with a grain of salt because you come across as an arrogant asshole.

And smileys are the universal language for "I can't comment with words so here is a funny round face".

lol and you are mister popular

Dead
08-29-2003, 04:36 AM
http://www.emotioneric.com/sad.jpg

zerozwan
08-29-2003, 07:08 PM
I never used to give a shit about Baby Let's Rock until Billy introduced it at the opera house in Dec 2002, he said something like "This is for all the women that have caused me pain, and all the men who have to bear that pain." At that moment me and Brandon looked at eachother and we knew eachother's pain and then the song was suddenly cool. Stupid chicks! :mad:
hahaha. i remember that very moment very clearly. i remember that i was just about to go "yeeeaaaahhhh!!!" - but than i looked at my girlfriend and she looked back at me with this crazy, angry face that spoke the words "oh no you di-int!!!" - so i refrained. but it was cool nonetheless.

and just to place my opinion into this thread... i like the song 'lyric'. i think it's one of the best on record. the recorded version clips way the fuck too much... but so does every song on the album. i think if anything, 'honestly' was a poor choice for a debut single. it gave zwan the happy-happy-rainbow reputation that they have now. or was it the happy-happy-rainbows that did that? :rolleyes:

Dead
08-30-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by zerozwan
she looked back at me with this crazy, angry face that spoke the words "oh no you di-int!!!"
http://xenaversity.hispeed.com/pictures/images/xena/xena-whip.jpg

- so i refrained.
http://www.cliffordbeers.org/Images/Photos/boyeyescovered.jpg

Corganist
08-30-2003, 01:17 AM

i think if anything, 'honestly' was a poor choice for a debut single. it gave zwan the happy-happy-rainbow reputation that they have now.

I'm somewhat tempted to agree on this point. The weird thing about it is, Honestly was a fairly successful debut single commercially- it certainly exceeded most expectations I suspect. It did get a good deal of radio play, (and MTV even showed the video more than once or twice). I'd even venture to say that it fared somewhat better than the last couple of SP singles.
But strangely, I think that the unexpected success is what led to the drop-off. People decided then and there that Zwan was just the return of SP, just happier...and thusly, they started getting booked and promoted as if they were SP instead of a new band. (Which explains why they were selling only a couple hundred tickets to 5000 seat venues in Europe. SP probably could've sold those dates out, but Zwan aren't there yet.) It seemed like the success of Honestly convinced the powers that be that Billy's name would be all the promotion they needed.

oclaftap
08-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Corganist

Billy's name would be all the promotion they needed.

I somehow got the feeling too when i saw all the promotion posters with names on it.

Dead
08-31-2003, 02:32 PM
I think if Zwan wants to be successful they should start over small as the opening act for the Justin/Christina tour.

shaniqua
08-31-2003, 02:36 PM
I think if Zwan wants to be successful they should start over small as the opening act for the Justin/Christina tour.

that would fucking rule.

Dead
08-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Deaddy is your daddy!