View Full Version : Live Pumpkins Covers


bob_the_potato
08-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know where I can find live mp3s of the following SP covers -

Enter Sandman
Bohemian Rhapsody
Communication Breakdown
Transmission
Foxy Lady
Voodoo Chile

I know they've covered these songs, but, well, I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone help? Thanks :)

thebaconpress
08-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Transmission can be found from just about any Adore show, but I recommend 8/4/98-Atlanta show as not only is it a great recording, but was a great peformance.

I should know, I was third row.

;)

Liquid-J
08-22-2003, 03:57 PM
thebaconpress should know, for he was third row.

thebaconpress
08-23-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
thebaconpress should know, for he was third row.

thebaconpress
08-23-2003, 05:03 AM
Since I am bored and you are lazy, from spfc:

Enter Sandman - 1991/11/08; 1992/01/28; 1996/02/06; 1996/04/12
Bohemian Rhapsody - 1992/01/17
Communication Breakdown - 1994/03/25
Transmission - Almost all Adore shows in 1998
Foxy Lady - 1996/04/12; 2000/02/12
Voodoo Chile - 1994/08/28; 1996/04/12

And there you have it. Your best bet for these shows is the hub or trading and since 1996/04/12 is the date for 3 of the songs, it shouldn't be too much work to get them.

Nothing/everything
08-23-2003, 05:29 AM
most of these are teases anyway, i wouldn't care for a 2 second clip with the first notes of voodoo chile.

Injektilo
08-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
most of these are teases anyway, i wouldn't care for a 2 second clip with the first notes of voodoo chile.

Yeah, i've never even heard any of those except for Transmission, its not really worth hearing the silly teases they liked to do.

vahn
08-23-2003, 10:37 PM
dude, i made it a personal project to get all the covers from the shows i had and put them in mp3 and keep them on my comp.

if u got aim, great, my sn is vahn401, that's the only way i can think of, that u can get them, i'll send them to u if u send me a message

the_marked
08-26-2003, 01:00 AM
whatabout the cover of "the sign?"

:erm

guz
08-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by thebaconpress
8/4/98-Atlanta show as not only is it a great recording, but was a great peformance.maybe it's just me, but that was one of the poorest performances of the 98' tour, IMO.

bob_the_potato
08-26-2003, 02:13 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll hop to it, then.

Liquid-J
08-26-2003, 02:39 PM
hop to it bob_the_potato!

killer_tomato
08-26-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Liquid-J
hop to it bob_the_potato!
you're in top form recently

Glare Seethe
08-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
most of these are teases anyway, i wouldn't care for a 2 second clip with the first notes of voodoo chile.

Agreed, but if I remember correctly, at least one of those is worth hearing: "Enter Sandman" from 01/28/92... it's been ages since I've listened to that show, but I believe it's part of an Offer Up/Enter Sandman/Paranoid jam and I remember it being pretty damn cool. But of course the tease alone would be quite boring and pointless when taken out of context.

...Oh wait, it's not Offer Up, it's "Jellybelly (old version)", apparently. :\

thebaconpress
08-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by guz
maybe it's just me, but that was one of the poorest performances of the 98' tour, IMO.

Maybe it helped to be there or I was just blinded by the fact that it was being played 10 feet in front of me.

And most people that enjoy Adore shows say this is one of the top in terms of the quality of the recording (FM or soundboard?) and quality of performance.

guz
08-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by thebaconpress
And most people that enjoy Adore shows say this is one of the top in terms of the quality of the recording (FM or soundboard?) and quality of performance. find 1 person who thinks this, who's heard a few of the other FM/preFM's (or even the aud's) from the tour. they were all over the place on 8.4.98.

thebaconpress
08-26-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by guz
find 1 person who thinks this, who's heard a few of the other FM/preFM's (or even the aud's) from the tour. they were all over the place on 8.4.98.

While I can't prove it since the site is down, Jeroen recommended this show for the Adore-era shows over all others.

Ask him to put back up the NSPAA and I will show you.

:D

Other than that, most of my early trading days were for this show as many people seemed to want it. Maybe it was for it's quality, maybe they saw it too, I don't know. It just seems very popular.