View Full Version : man decapitated by elevator

Boycott Graceland
08-20-2003, 05:48 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Southwest/08/18/doctor.decapitated.ap/index.html

HOUSTON, Texas (AP) -- A surgical resident was killed when an elevator malfunctioned and decapitated him, authorities said.

Hitoshi Nikaidoh, 35, was stepping into a second-floor elevator at Christus St. Joseph Hospital Saturday morning when the doors suddenly closed, pinning his shoulders. His head was severed when the elevator car moved upward.

A hospital employee witnessed the accident and spent about 20 minutes trapped inside the elevator before firefighters rescued her. She was treated for shock in the hospital's emergency room, hospital spokeswoman India Chumney Hancock said.

Harris County medical examiners were conducting an inquiry into the accident. Police said earlier that maintenance crews had worked on the elevators during the week.

The entire elevator bank was pulled from operation until the investigation is complete.

Nikaidoh graduated in 2003 from the University of Texas-Houston Medical School.

Elevators and escalators kill about 30 and injure about 17,100 people each year in the United States, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

cap'n jazz
08-20-2003, 05:50 AM
CLEARLY AN ACT OF TERRORISM.

Boycott Graceland
08-20-2003, 05:51 AM
Innocents23: you hear about that guy in texas that was decapitated by an elevator
Innocents23: ?
ababyonthesun: woah, no
Innocents23: i think he was a doctor and was trying to get in an elevator, when i just closed on him and pinned his shoulders. so when it started to rise, it cut his head off
Innocents23: the worst part is that there was already a woman inside the car, so she was stuck with a severed head for like 15 min
ababyonthesun: fucccccck
Innocents23: that would SUCK
ababyonthesun: http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32075
ababyonthesun: :o
Innocents23: hey, stop stealing my material BEEOTCH!
ababyonthesun: YOU CHOULDA POSTAFD IT!
Innocents23: YOU'ALL DONT KNOOWWW ME!

relaxor!
08-20-2003, 05:52 AM
Looks like he's not going to get ahead too much in this life.

tart
08-20-2003, 06:08 AM
:rofl:

no.

Ugly
08-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Oh my god. Seriously, just omg. Losing body parts it always what I think is the most unsettling way to die. I feel sorry for that woman.

I think when you die in something completely random like that, God or Fate or whatever just has it in for you. Seriously.

beef curtains
08-20-2003, 01:17 PM
:(
That's where i want to study :erm

shutterbugg
08-20-2003, 01:29 PM
Cool.

Nimrod's Son
08-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by So very sad about me
:(
That's where i want to study :erm Well there's an extra cadaver for the med students now.

pink_ribbon_scars
08-20-2003, 01:48 PM
When I was in high school there was a similarly bad accident, except even more twisted. I grew up in the country in Kentucky and there were several kids whose families had extra farm houses where everyone could hang out and drink. Well, this was precisely what was happening one average night. One 17 year old guy, F, was totally drunk and needed/wanted to go home. One 15 year old girl, K, did not have her liscense yet but knew how to drive and was much less drunk than F. She decided to take him home. They were driving down a long tree lined gravel driveway and F had the sudden urge to vomit. He hung his head out the window to vomit and something happened to make K swerve and F was suddenly decapitated by a tree, with only his body left in the car with K. This is where the story gets fuzzy because there was a ton of secrecy about what happened next because no one wanted to get arrested or take blame. Here's what happened as I understood it from people that were there. There were a lot of kids there and some of them somehow heard the accident, maybe K screaming, and went to see what was wrong. They decided that they would have to move the body and/or car to make it appear that F was driving himself. That's pretty fucked up, to have to move the headless body of your buddy. But that's what happened, I believe. I believe the family took her to court but decided not to press big charges. She couldn't get her liscence until she was 21 but that was the biggest punishment she got.
Addendum: I threw discus with K in Track & Field at that time, and about a year later she was retrieving her discs when I was preparing to throw. I did not notice her and almost hit her square in the head with a fast moving discus. Before I knew it, I said, "Shit, I almost decapitated you!" That was awful, but I didn't realize it until about 5 minutes later and I noticed no strange response from her. Awful!

Eulogy
08-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars

Good story.

Were you the one who posted about the guy who you didn't wanna have sex with but you had sex with anyway?

If so, I like you!

Boycott Graceland
08-20-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars
He hung his head out the window to vomit and something happened to make K swerve and F was suddenly decapitated by a tree, with only his body left in the car with K.

I did not notice her and almost hit her square in the head with a fast moving discus. Before I knew it, I said, "Shit, I almost decapitated you!" That was awful, but I didn't realize it until about 5 minutes later and I noticed no strange response from her.
what a happy ending.

pink_ribbon_scars
08-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy

Good story.

Were you the one who posted about the guy who you didn't wanna have sex with but you had sex with anyway?

If so, I like you!

That's me, peddler of short stories (ie, I have a full-time desk job :)).

KrazeeStacee
08-22-2003, 03:00 AM
woah man.