View Full Version : liz phair

granola
08-19-2003, 12:48 PM
okay, i thought i hated liz phair, with her stupid "polyester bride" song. then about a month ago my friend burned me her debut cd "exile in guyville" and i was totally amazed. i have a newfound respect for her. i think she's great, and i'm going to see her next week in mpls. just thought i'd share.
the moral of my story is: don't throw your whole bag of potato chips away just cuz one of them is burnt. or something :cool:

Oblivious
08-19-2003, 01:52 PM
eew.

i saw liz back in 1991. back when she was cool stuff.

but no. what a fucking waste.

cashcarbodies
08-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by granola
okay, i thought i hated liz phair, with her stupid "polyester bride" song. then about a month ago my friend burned me her debut cd "exile in guyville" and i was totally amazed.

I was also surprised to discover that she had such an acclaimed debut album after hearing that terrible single nearly 4-5 years ago. But then she decided to tour with Jason Mraz and lend one of her songs ("Extraordinary") to a WNBA ad. Needless to say,
I'm not too surprised.

BTW, is your avatar Snot, the dog from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?

granola
08-19-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by cashcarbodies

BTW, is your avatar Snot, the dog from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?

no, we have a rotweiler named Nova, but i don't get to see her anymore and i miss her. but good guess

Mason R Butler
08-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by granola
okay, i thought i hated liz phair, with her stupid "polyester bride" song. then about a month ago my friend burned me her debut cd "exile in guyville" and i was totally amazed. i have a newfound respect for her. i think she's great, and i'm going to see her next week in mpls. just thought i'd share.
the moral of my story is: don't throw your whole bag of potato chips away just cuz one of them is burnt. or something :cool:
I'm afraid to go as I think I would be disappointed. Her new album and the last one made me sad.

Fattening Ass
08-19-2003, 05:00 PM
its fuck and run.

even when i was 12.

Boner
08-19-2003, 05:10 PM
i didn't think this would happen again.

granola
08-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler

I'm afraid to go as I think I would be disappointed. Her new album and the last one made me sad.

yeah, i wasn't planning on going, my friend is a huge fan of hers and paid for my ticket. so i'm going for free.