View Full Version : anyone else excited about the new neil young

Oblivious
08-18-2003, 11:33 PM
so greendale comes out tomorrow. i have a copy reserved. i'm pretty excited about it. :D

smashingjj
08-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Nope.

twice
08-19-2003, 02:34 PM
:(

Oblivious
08-19-2003, 02:42 PM
yeah, it's kind of sad that no one wants to appreciate neil. this will be his 28th or 29th album and really he's done some innovative things for/with rock music over the past 30+ years. i grew up listening to neil and i guess that's why he's always seemed so special to me personally. :(

mainly i'm excited about greendale because this is his first full length concept album that's actually followed through with being a conceptual thing. he's had a few near misses, he always somehow loses the original idea and it always ends up being about him. heh. ooh. and then there's the dvd. yay.

and fu s. casey. fu in the ass. ;)

SuperFuzzBob
08-19-2003, 02:52 PM
Got it on right now, great fucking album, though I had already heard the whole thing live with Mirror Untrue (whether she admits it or not) It's a little more mellow than Neil Young tends to be with Crazy Horse, but still a great sound, there's a beautiful acoustic song in the middle and then finally, on the last two songs, they rock out like only Neil Young and Crazy Horse can! Though, the finale isn't quite the same without the whole crowd onstage with him...

Nimrod's Son
08-19-2003, 02:53 PM
Yes. I love Neil Young. I just hope it's more "Mirror Ball" and less "Harvest Moon."

Oblivious
08-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Yes. I love Neil Young. I just hope it's more "Mirror Ball" and less "Harvest Moon."

i had a feeling that you would be appreciative.

SuperFuzzBob
08-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower
I love Neil Young, I just like his music better from when it was relevant and of a high quality.

Although Harvest Moon is a good album.

I dunno...what about Ragged Glory and Sleeps With Angels? ...and Weld is definately the best live album, if not the best album period, he's ever done!