View Full Version : Radiohead Toronto Show POSTPONED

aldango
08-16-2003, 05:09 PM
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. NEW DATE IS TBA
REFUNDS AVAILABLE AT POINT OF PURCHASE OR CUSTOMERS CAN KEEP THEIR TICKETS FOR THE NEW DATE WHEN IT IS ANNOUNCED.
FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT HOUSE OF BLUES

https://ticketing.ticketmaster.com/cgi/purchasepage_ca.asp?event_id=100036AEB064C4D5

figured you toronto people would wanna know that if you didn't

sleeper
08-16-2003, 05:16 PM
if anybody is selling their ticket ill buy it

NegativeSleep
08-16-2003, 05:28 PM
is this a euphemism for cancelled, or is it actually just postponed? When is their next tour date? I can't imagining them pushing back the entire tour schedule just for one show.

sleeper
08-16-2003, 05:52 PM
i looked at their schedule and its pretty packed up until a 2 week break at the start of september and a similar break at the end of october. id imagine itd be at those times, after the european tour, or cancelled all together

http://www.greenplastic.com/tour/index.php

jukeboxphuckup
08-16-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by NegativeSleep
is this a euphemism for cancelled, or is it actually just postponed? When is their next tour date? I can't imagining them pushing back the entire tour schedule just for one show.

Postponed means that it'll be rescheduled, usually at the end of the tour, or somewhere during the tour if there is time. I'm just glad I got to go to the Montreal show, because I'm probably not going to be able to make it to the rescheduled show.

shaniqua
08-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jukeboxphuckup

Postponed means that it'll be rescheduled, usually at the end of the tour, or somewhere during the tour if there is time. I'm just glad I got to go to the Montreal show, because I'm probably not going to be able to make it to the rescheduled show.

could i buy your 100s off of you? i have 300s! gimme a pm!

thnx :cool:

sleeper
08-16-2003, 06:16 PM
id pay more. pm me!

machinaddict
08-16-2003, 07:14 PM
If the date is after august 24, I will most likely be selling TWO 100 LEVEL TICKETS.
I'll make a post in the trading forum in the next fews days if this is the situation as I will be leaving for school on the 25th and I'll want to get rid of them before that.
oh yeah, and I'M FUCKING PISSED.

Boycott Graceland
08-16-2003, 07:14 PM
is it due to the power outages?

machinaddict
08-16-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
is it due to the power outages?
They aren't saying why, but that's the most logical reason. Even though power has been restored to all of Toronto. There are also rolling blackouts so I guess they don't want to take a chance with the power going out during the show.

jukeboxphuckup
08-16-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by shaunna

could i buy your 100s off of you? i have 300s! gimme a pm!

thnx :cool:

Easy, cowboy. Let them announce the date first. :cool:

They said it's going to be within 7-10 days. So that's the 23rd to the 26th and the only available date (where a show isn't scheduled) is the 25th. I'm really hoping it's scheduled earlier.

jukeboxphuckup
08-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by machinaddict

They aren't saying why, but that's the most logical reason. Even though power has been restored to all of Toronto. There are also rolling blackouts so I guess they don't want to take a chance with the power going out during the show.

It is power problems. But Toronto hasn't had all of its power restored. There are a lot of buildings still running on backup generators.

alisonmonster
08-16-2003, 08:03 PM
this was before the electrical problems-i watched a thing on Much about it before the electrical stuff went down. They are making it up-i just can't remember when they said they were going to-later Sept. i think?

NegativeSleep
08-16-2003, 09:48 PM
I will most likely be selling TWO 100 LEVEL TICKETS.

I will most likely be contacting you.

I'll pay top dolla!

sleeper
08-17-2003, 01:01 AM

I will most likely be contacting you.

I'll pay top dolla!

BACK OF THE LINE BUB

sarasvati
08-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Just to let you guys know, they have more radiohead tickets up for sale at ticketmaster.ca for this show right now. I just tried to see what kind of tickets I could get, and section 200 tickets came up. It must be from people returning their tickets or something....

sleeper
08-17-2003, 06:28 PM
indeed, wow, ill get on that

NegativeSleep
08-17-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by sleeper
BACK OF THE LINE BUB

*I point to your shirt*
what's that?
*you look down*
*I knee you in the face and take your spot*

machinaddict
08-17-2003, 08:08 PM
As soon as a date is posted, I'll let you guys know if my tickets are for sale. The last night I can go is the 24th...

sleeper
08-17-2003, 08:18 PM

*I point to your shirt*
what's that?
*you look down*
*I knee you in the face and take your spot*

i was going to give it to you too! my friend just got a ticket from ticketmaster, theyre all yours

sarasvati
08-17-2003, 10:26 PM
indeed, wow, ill get on that

:cool:

NegativeSleep
08-18-2003, 12:23 AM
i was going to give it to you too! my friend just got a ticket from ticketmaster, theyre all yours

wait... the ticket, or the spot in line?

I assume the ticket.

NegativeSleep
08-18-2003, 12:24 AM
As soon as a date is posted, I'll let you guys know if my tickets are for sale. The last night I can go is the 24th...

crap, I'm overseas until the 25th.

can I put in an advance order? a hypothetical deposit or something? sexual favours? you name it.

Ugly
08-18-2003, 01:14 AM
the only show at the Ampitheatre in september is Dave Matthews Band on the 3rd .. so hopefully they can squeak one in there in between August 31st and September 28. I don't wanna be at the Ampitheatre in October, that would suck ballz.

machinaddict
08-18-2003, 11:04 PM

crap, I'm overseas until the 25th.

can I put in an advance order? a hypothetical deposit or something? sexual favours? you name it.
If they don't announce anything by august 20, they will be for sale my friend. I will PM you.
I would still like to go to the show, but if its impossible, then its impossible.

Ugly
08-19-2003, 01:45 AM
the Ampitheatre is located at Ontario Place and Ontario Place is operated by the Ontario government - Ontario Place remains effectively closed for business until the state of emergency has been declared over. So I kind of doubt they'll annouce anything until Ontario Place is open again. Which could be awhile.

Just a side note: what kind of state of emergecy is this anyway? Where's the cops patrolling the streets at 9 PM to brutally enforce martial law and cerfews? I want anarchy, dammit.

machinaddict
08-21-2003, 12:34 AM
my tickets are for sale in the trading forum.

oui henri
08-22-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
the Ampitheatre is located at Ontario Place and Ontario Place is operated by the Ontario government - Ontario Place remains effectively closed for business until the state of emergency has been declared over. So I kind of doubt they'll annouce anything until Ontario Place is open again. Which could be awhile.

Just a side note: what kind of state of emergecy is this anyway? Where's the cops patrolling the streets at 9 PM to brutally enforce martial law and cerfews? I want anarchy, dammit.

we still had a show while Ontario Place was closed.
no one has told me what's going on yet, but i'll keep you all posted when i find out.

Dead
08-22-2003, 06:47 PM

There aren't any rolling blackouts in Toronto.

machinaddict
08-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Dead

There aren't any rolling blackouts in Toronto.
no...but there have been across all of eastern ontario, and they are still advising that rolling blackouts could happen at any time...and that post was made last week.
Hydro 1 is telling everyone to use 50% their normal power usage or the grid could easily go down again.

Dead
08-23-2003, 06:14 AM
On Thursday we were thiiiiisss close to going over ||

That's pretty close!

Update:

Premier Ernie Eves finally declared an end to the hydro emergency at 8pm Friday.

“There will be a return to regular activities across the province and we'll be working with our large power users to enable them to return to normal operations,” he assures. But emergency officials won’t be able to take the weekend off. They’ll be on duty watching the power as it ramps back up, looking for any unexpected problems.