View Full Version : Motley Crue- The Dirt


shaniqua
08-16-2003, 02:47 PM
it usually takes me forever to finish books but this one, i could barely put down within two days.

even if you're not into the music, it's a great read. these guys did every drug, stripper, playmate & actress you can think of in the 80s and vince neil pretty much got away with murder...

anyway, i laughed out loud when i read about their adventures when they opened for ozzy. tommy's poems he wrote in jail were hilarious and the chapter about vince's daughter was really sad.

anyway, yeah. a must-read for fans of rock n' roll biographies.

Starchildren
08-16-2003, 03:39 PM
i work at a music studio with Dave Ottosen of Noise Therapy. He said he bought the book just to see if they talked about him and his band, apparently they did.

shaniqua
08-16-2003, 03:45 PM
yeah. they talk a lot about going to record albums in vancouver.

alisonmonster
08-16-2003, 04:15 PM
I read this book too in like a day- it's funny how scared of Sharon Osbourne they were and how she woldn't let them fuck their groupies.
And Tommy is just sad-like an overgrown 5 year old or somthing.

Interesting read for sure - those guys were so pathetic and tacky its funny.

strange_one
08-16-2003, 10:53 PM
<font color=33FFFF> I always wanted it when it first came out, but was expensive as hardback. I will have to pick up the softcover version soon though, everyone raves about it</font>

THRILLHO
08-17-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Starchildren
i work at a music studio with Dave Ottosen of Noise Therapy. He said he bought the book just to see if they talked about him and his band, apparently they did.

you're in vancouver, right? which studio out of curioisity? i'm shopping myself around for a runner gig.

Starchildren
08-18-2003, 03:03 AM
Moshpit Studios, in Tsawwassen. horrible name, i know........



where did you go to school?

THRILLHO
08-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Starchildren
Moshpit Studios, in Tsawwassen. horrible name, i know........



where did you go to school?

CDIS. do you know a guy named travis clark or a band called red scare? both of them i know and have engineered and recorded respectively in tsawassen, although i don't know if it was at a place called moshpit studios. i'm not quite up on my tsawassen knowledge lately, lol.

Starchildren
08-18-2003, 12:44 PM
I've heard of Red Scare, yeah. No Travis Clark though.


you going to White Stripes? we should meet for a drink after or something, talk about the industry. any other Netphoria people going?

THRILLHO
08-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Starchildren
I've heard of Red Scare, yeah. No Travis Clark though.


you going to White Stripes? we should meet for a drink after or something, talk about the industry. any other Netphoria people going?

that would kick tons of ass! i have no idea if other netphorians will be there... yet.