View Full Version : is this guy fucking with me?

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 04:28 AM
So I went to this party tonight. Things got crazy really fast. I'm actually still a bit crazy right now. That's why I need help with this. But first I need to scratch my leg and watch Winston chase this fly for a second. (He kills them, and then sits and barks at them because he's pissed that they won't get up and fly around.)

So, yes.. I go with my buddy Karen to this party tonight. There's this guy there, Jake. I've always known who Jake is, like, "yeah, that's that guy Jake" but I've never really talked to him. We start talking about Neutral Milk Hotel, yadda yadda yadda.. and then he starts asking me to come home with him. Of course, I can't imagine why anyone would want to take me home, so my initial thought is "he's fucking with me because I'm in quite a state right now, and he thinks it'll be funnny." But he goes on and on and we keep talking.. we start talking about "love" and shit, and he keeps trying to tell me I've never been in love. Which, of course, pisses me off.. even if I wasn't, no one likes to be told exactly what they think or feel, especially if the accuser has no justification. Yeah. That goes on for awhile, but then he goes right back to "come home with me. Please. You're a virgin, aren't you? Oh, come home with me. Well, at least make out with me. No, I'm not fucking with you. But, don't tell Aaron where we're going, because he is in love with you. This "Brad" guy doesn't have to know. Or, you can just use this to hurt his feelings. It's your call. I'd love it if you came home with me. Blah blah blah. Hey, get out of here, I'm trying to seduce this beautiful young lady." He'd kiss my hand and try to dance with me to no music, blah blah blah. But I really just can't fathom it. Woud you ever fuck with someone like that?

Ihaman
08-16-2003, 04:31 AM
it depends on how drunk i was.

i actually used to (a very very long time ago) flirt with girls i knew my peers had a crush on, it was sort of a mental work out to see if i was physically sufficient...or something.

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 04:55 AM
23 views. 1 reply.

08-16-2003, 04:58 AM
Fucking with you? He just wanted to fuck you!

http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/images/021029195239_lg_155_mcgraw.jpg

I don't think any decent human being would fuck with someone like that

scouse_dave
08-16-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by 13
Fucking with you? He just wanted to fuck you!

I don't think any decent human being would fuck with someone like that correct on both counts.

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 13

I don't think any decent human being would fuck with someone like that

Maybe he just wasn't decent? I have to admit, it would have been pretty funny to try and watch someone in my state try and figure something like that out.

mirrar
08-16-2003, 03:49 PM
i know people who would do that sober, and if he was really messed up, it's even more likely.

BlueStar
08-16-2003, 03:52 PM
I think he was drunk and just wanted to get laid.

ammy
08-16-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by BlueStar

He was sober. :(

ammy
08-16-2003, 06:43 PM
why aren't you seeing it?

he

just

wanted

to

get

laid

he was sweet talking, and you're apparently blind to that.. no good, no good..

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Ammy
why aren't you seeing it?

he

just

wanted

to

get

laid

he was sweet talking, and you're apparently blind to that.. no good, no good..

My theory is not that he wanted to get laid. My theory is that he just thought it was funny to make me think that. Isn't this a possibility?

ammy
08-16-2003, 06:45 PM
sure, it's a possiblity, but..

self esteem problem much? you're cute, and you were drunk...

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Ammy
sure, it's a possiblity, but..

self esteem problem much? you're cute, and you were drunk...

Not drunk, exactly.. :smoke:

08-16-2003, 06:58 PM
What confuses me the most about what happened isn't the guy's ulterior motive whatever it may have been, but it's the way you cant imagine anyone wanting to take you home :think:

08-16-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket

Not drunk, exactly.. :smoke:

a ha! no wonder you were paranoid.

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 13
What confuses me the most about what happened isn't the guy's ulterior motive whatever it may have been, but it's the way you cant imagine anyone wanting to take you home :think:

It just doesn't happen to me. Apparently, as Jake said, I "radiate purity and innocence."

It seems as though now, in the past month since the "episode" with Brad, all these boys are coming out of the woodwork. But for some reason, it really creeps me out. I don't seem to attract nice boys to take home to mom, there's always something creepy about them. Isn't that gross?

08-16-2003, 07:11 PM
seems like the planet of the apes

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Karen said she thought he was creepy. I usually think I am a prett good judge of character, and my first instincts are usually pretty accurate. And really, I just found the guy intriguing. I played the guitar and we sang "Two Headed Boy" together. <3

sawdust restaurants
08-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Chances that he just wanted to take a drunk chick home and score: 99.999%
Chances that he was fucking with you: 0.001%

The things he was saying were exactly the sorts of things a guy says when he wants to get in your pants. Particularly when that girl is drunk, he's sober and he thinks he can sweet talk her.

mirrar
08-16-2003, 11:11 PM

It just doesn't happen to me. Apparently, as Jake said, I "radiate purity and innocence." sometimes though, those are the kind of girls all the guys want, because they're sick of slutty girls that WILL go home with them at the drop of a hat.

sawdust restaurants
08-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that's true too.

Seriously, if I was your good friend and you told me this and then you said, "I don't think he wanted to have sex with me," I'd let out a screech and start to pull my hair out by the roots. That's how obvious it is.

Helena Handbasket
08-16-2003, 11:26 PM
That's very true.

But remember when you guys were all saying "OMG TASHA BRAD IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU!! THERE'S NO CHANCE HE ISN'T! IT'S OBVIOUS! HELLO!" Yeah. Look how that turned out. :(

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by SilverSomatic
you like NMH? <3

Hell yeah! He nearly had me when he sang every word to "Oh Comely".

sawdust restaurants
08-17-2003, 01:11 AM
That's very true.

But remember when you guys were all saying "OMG TASHA BRAD IS TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH YOU!! THERE'S NO CHANCE HE ISN'T! IT'S OBVIOUS! HELLO!" Yeah. Look how that turned out. :(

Not me! I said that it was likely, but definitely not certain.

This is pretty much certain. I suppose he could have been fucking with you, though, even though it's highly unlikely. In that case, my conclusion would be that you hang around complete idiots.

Lie
08-17-2003, 01:13 AM
When are you going to stop posting about boys all the time?

Shparticus
08-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Lie
When are you going to stop posting about boys all the time?

Hey, "write what you know," right?

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 01:17 AM
I didn't know I posted about boys that often. :erm

I know I made the infamous Brad post, and lot of minor Brad posts when shit was going down, and then this one, but... :think:

mirrar
08-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Lie
When are you going to stop posting about boys all the time? when strange_one stops posting about his girlfriend.

Lie
08-17-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Mirror_Untrue
when strange_one stops posting about his girlfriend.

How about <i>I</i> start posting about strange_one's girlfriend, huh? How about that?

Lie
08-17-2003, 01:20 AM
I didn't know I posted about boys that often. :erm

It's just that every time I read one of your "guy advice" threads, I keep thinking that it's about time you turned your attention to men. How old are you now, anyway?

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Lie

It's just that every time I read one of your "guy advice" threads, I keep thinking that it's about time you turned your attention to men. How old are you now, anyway?

Jesus, I didn't realize I posted that many "guy advice" threads, either. I just feel too young to use the word "men". There are "boys" that are in high school/younger, "guys" who are somewhere in between "boys" and "men", and then there are "men". The word "man" just makes me think "somebody's father". "Quotation marks".

I'm 19. Jake is 28. Does that make me bad?

mirrar
08-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Lie

How about <i>I</i> start posting about strange_one's girlfriend, huh? How about that? are you going to change her diaper and read her bedtime stories too??

Lie
08-17-2003, 01:29 AM
Jesus, I didn't realize I posted that many "guy advice" threads, either. I just feel too young to use the word "men". There are "boys" that are in high school/younger, "guys" who are somewhere in between "boys" and "men", and then there are "men". The word "man" just makes me think "somebody's father". "Quotation marks".

Haha, no.

Lie
08-17-2003, 01:31 AM
are you going to change her diaper and read her bedtime stories too??

Now I know what you're really asking is if I'll change <i>your</i> diaper, which is new and strange territory for me, but I saw something like that on Jerry Springer and I'd be willing to try it if it would make you happy.

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Lie

Haha, no.

I'm not bad? Or just "no" in general disgust?

mirrar
08-17-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Lie

Now I know what you're really asking is if I'll change <i>your</i> diaper, which is new and strange territory for me, but I saw something like that on Jerry Springer and I'd be willing to try it if it would make you happy. :rofl: dude, all i was implying was that i think it's fucking odd that he refers to his girlfriend as most people would a 5 year old. lay off and stop taking offense!

Lie
08-17-2003, 01:40 AM
:rofl: dude, all i was implying was that i think it's fucking odd that he refers to his girlfriend as most people would a 5 year old. lay off and stop taking offense!

I'm sorry, I wasn't taking offense at anything you said. I thought we were just messing around.

I WAS serious about what I said in the other thread just because even though when I read his posts I sometimes go :erm, <i>I</i> find it odd that anyone would think calling his girlfriend "my poor baby" is odd. It just doesn't make sense to me to make a big deal out of it, regardless. And I wasn't so much referring to any of your comments as to the fact that there are some people who seem to take personal offense at anything he says that could possibly mean ANYTHING.

mirrar
08-17-2003, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Lie

I'm sorry, I wasn't taking offense at anything you said. I thought we were just messing around.

I WAS serious about what I said in the other thread just because even though when I read his posts I sometimes go :erm, <i>I</i> find it odd that anyone would think calling his girlfriend "my poor baby" is odd. It just doesn't make sense to me to make a big deal out of it, regardless. And I wasn't so much referring to any of your comments as to the fact that there are some people who seem to take personal offense at anything he says that could possibly mean ANYTHING. oh i was just joking around too... i just thought that the wording of that post, what with "her poor little head" or whatever and stuff was kind of odd, i guess it's just a difference in opnion and differences in relationships.

Lie
08-17-2003, 02:03 AM
I'm not bad? Or just "no" in general disgust?

You're not bad. I meant "ha ha" as in a good-natured laugh.

that bitch kristin
08-17-2003, 02:03 AM
i think that guy was really wanting to fuck with you helena handbasket, but kept it looking like he could still play it off like he was fucking with your mind. clever fucker.
guys are scum and a lot of them will say whatever it takes to get you where they want you. he probably wasn't thinking too straight either....i guess:confused:
i'd call him out on his actions and watch him squirm to find an answer if i were you.

oh and i think it's weird to call your girlfriend "my poor baby" too. he made it sound like it was his baby cousin or something and not a romantic interest. i personally have nothing against the guy since i just got here, but i did pick up more on the weird side than the "aww cute" side.

if my guy said "my poor baby" i'd be all :noway: :eyesp:

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by trykristin

i'd call him out on his actions and watch him squirm to find an answer if i were you.

I did. Well, I tried to. I kept asking him why he was fucking with me but that I couldn't blame him, because it must be pretty funny. He swore up and down that he wasn't and he just wanted to take me home. But then again, who would actually say "yeah, I was just messing with you. My bad."

that bitch kristin
08-17-2003, 02:29 AM

I did. Well, I tried to. I kept asking him why he was fucking with me but that I couldn't blame him, because it must be pretty funny. He swore up and down that he wasn't and he just wanted to take me home. But then again, who would actually say "yeah, I was just messing with you. My bad."

nah they wouldn't say "yeah, i was just messing with you. my bad." they would say "you BELIEVED that shit? desperate loser" and then they'd go back to drinking their life away and scoping out the latest date rape victim.
he doesn't sound like the total predator type. i'm thinking he just doesn't know how to come across more smoothly?:confused: oh well. i wouldnt' get high with him again.:noway:

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by trykristin

i wouldnt' get high with him again.:noway:

He was in the room while he got high, but he didn't smoke. I saw him have maybe three beers max, and he had to be at least 6ft and then some. He was the most sober one at the party.

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 02:32 AM
Oh, but if you mean don't get high around him.. yeah.. I'm sure I won't.

But now I'm starting to think maybe I should've just went home with him. Maybe it would have been fun. I just can't help but think he'd get me naked on his bed and then go "HA HA!! YOU FELL FOR THAT??"

Lie
08-17-2003, 02:34 AM

But now I'm starting to think maybe I should've just went home with him. Maybe it would have been fun. I just can't help but think he'd get me naked on his bed and then go "HA HA!! YOU FELL FOR THAT??"

You should have gone home with him and played Scrabble.

that bitch kristin
08-17-2003, 02:35 AM

that's why you make them get you off first:p . all i can say is take a friend if you don't think you'll be a great judge of character in that state of mind. good luck. :cheers:

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Lie

You should have gone home with him and played Scrabble.

Naked Scrabble?

Nakrabble?

Lie
08-17-2003, 02:36 AM
Naked Scrabble?

Nakrabble?

On second thought, checkers probably would have been better.

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Lie

On second thought, checkers probably would have been better.

NACKERS?!

Lie
08-17-2003, 02:38 AM
NACKERS?!

Yeah!

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Lie

Yeah!

King me.

Lie
08-17-2003, 02:41 AM
King me.

Err, just a minute, I have to get my...crown...

Helena Handbasket
08-17-2003, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Lie

Err, just a minute, I have to get my...crown...

I'm still waiting.

And trykristin, I did have a friend with me. She kept dragging me away. Girls are stupid.

Lie
08-17-2003, 03:57 AM
I'm still waiting.

*pounces*

crescentfresh
08-17-2003, 04:04 AM

Same age difference between Mike and I. Most people give me shit about it...oh well.