View Full Version : News about J.C.'s Chicago clinic

ChoobieWoobie
08-15-2003, 08:53 PM

It seems the members of Zwan are not taking much time off during this "break". Reports are showing that both Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin are doing some very special events.

Jimmy recently held his very own drum clinic in Chicago and is holding more around the US. Fans who went to see Jimmy tried to find out as much infomation for us as they possibly could, here is what they found out:

- Paz is playing with David Pajo now and he heard that she played at the APC show the night before the clinic.
- He also brought up the fact that APC had one of his old guitarists, "you might know him, a certain James Iha?"
- Jimmy said that he heard a "rumour" that Sweeney is working with Dave Grohl (which would be Probot).
- He also mentioned his snare drum will be out in 2-3 months, still no word on the price of the snare drum though. Jimmy mentioned that he pretty much went thru yamaha's garbage and made it out of that. it's nickel plated and will ring.
-Jimmy went to Yamaha in '92 and told them that he was going to use their drums whether they gave one to him or not. 6 months later he had an endorsement deal with them.
- Originally for Declarations of Faith billy wanted a plain rock beat then Jimmy convinced him to make it more "orchestral" and then he played the wrong way declarations of faith was gonna be played then he played it the way it appears on the album.
- Jimmy has only used a double pedal once and that was on Quiet. He said that he relies too much on his high hat for his foot to be doing other things and he needs it to keep time.
- He also played along to Lyric, Ride A Black Swan, Endless Summer and Mary Star of the Sea. He also played the intro to I Am One and also parts of Silverfuck.

bonsor
08-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by ChoobieWoobie
- Jimmy has only used a double pedal once and that was on Quiet. He said that he relies too much on his high hat for his foot to be doing other things and he needs it to keep time. i love jimmy so much. i want a drummer just like him.

ZackZ
08-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by ******
i love jimmy so much. i want a drummer just like him.

I'd rather have a drummer like Phil Collins or Lenny White, but Jimmy would definately be my third option. Maybe.

Slurpee
08-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ

I'd rather have a drummer like Phil Collins or Lenny White, but Jimmy would definately be my third option. Maybe.

Your vast knowledge of the names of drummers will continue to make you cooler and cooler.

SanimalP
08-18-2003, 03:38 AM
www.dialrevenge.com/drumclinic go there for all the hot jimmy chamberlain drum clinic mp3 action you can handle. oh yeah, wavs are up on the hub.. atleast they should be by the time you read this.. anyways. ok bye bye

DeviousJ
08-18-2003, 10:50 AM

I can feel it... callin in the air

mono
08-18-2003, 11:12 AM

Heh... dork. Steve Gadd is the only name I'll be dropping.

wangcomputers
08-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by DeviousJ

I can feel it... callin in the air