View Full Version : radiohead's tour opener.

El Savior
08-14-2003, 11:29 AM
songs played. not in order at all.

creep
my iron lung
airbag
paranoid android
climbing up the walls
no suprises
lucky
everything in its right place
kid a
national anthem
idioteque
morning bell
like spinning plates
2+2=5
sit down stand up
sail to the moon
backdrifts
go to sleep
where i end and you begin
the gloaming
there there
punch up at a wedding
scatterbrain

RobTheGood
08-14-2003, 12:06 PM
I thought they would never play Creep live again?

El Savior
08-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by RobTheGood
I thought they would never play Creep live again?

yea, it was quite a shock.

RobTheGood
08-14-2003, 12:09 PM
so it was a good show then?

the setlist seems pretty good...

i'd love to see optimistic live though.

El Savior
08-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by RobTheGood
so it was a good show then?

it was amaaaaaaaazing

peabody
08-14-2003, 12:52 PM
creep? hrm. i thought they only played that if they hated the audience, or something.

:confused:

El Savior
08-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by peabody
creep? hrm. i thought they only played that if they hated the audience, or something.

:confused:

the last time they played it was at their home show in Oxford after 'amnesiac' if i'm not mistaken. do you think they hate their home crowd?

either way i guess they loved us or hated us just as much as their home crowd and either way it's pretty fucking cool that they played it.

distance
08-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by El Savior

the last time they played it was at their home show in Oxford after 'amnesiac' if i'm not mistaken. do you think they hate their home crowd?

either way i guess they loved us or hated us just as much as their home crowd and either way it's pretty fucking cool that they played it.

they played it last year in spain or portugal.
they also played it in japan earlier this month.

ava transformer
08-14-2003, 01:11 PM
aww man, no myxamytosis:erm

smashingjj
08-14-2003, 01:26 PM
what the fuck

eyesbomb
08-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower
They play Creep a lot.

ahah, what bullshit

they played it 4 times in the last 6 years

rkjr
08-14-2003, 01:41 PM
The setlist, in order, was this:

01 2+2=5
02 sit down. stand up
03 paranoid android
04 kid a
05 backdrifts
06 morning bell
07 my iron lung
08 where i end and you begin
09 the gloaming
10 sail to the moon
11 climbimg up the walls
12 creep
13 like spinning plates
14 go to sleep
15 scatterbrain
16 the national anthem
17 there there

18 lucky
19 a punch-up at a wedding
20 airbag
21 everything in its right place

22 no surprises
23 idioteque

It's weird. Creep wasn't even played as the last song, like normal. And it was played at the concert before this in Japan. It might just be a regular set inclusion to this tour. They barely played it before, but they must have changed their feelings on it. And yeah, High and Dry is a song they never play anymore, as well as Let Down.

I hope the set is this good in Columbia. Though it's kind of hard to be 'bad.'

eyesbomb
08-14-2003, 01:42 PM
great.

finally There There pulled out as opener in favor of the MUCh better 2+2=5 (There There is my least favorite Radiohead song ever, what a weak melody going nowhere high)

after three years not anymore the Paranoid Android/Idioteque/Everything cliché

less Hail to the Thief songs for Kid A/ Amnesiac ones, which is a very good thing.
Climbing Up The Walls and Airbag back again (not played much on this tour)

Sit Down. Stand Up at the beginning instead at the end sounds sweet
Idioteque as closing must be astonishingly powerful

good in: Kid A
bad in: Wedding

overall, great to see them change again.
can't wait for the 15th of November

correct order setlist:

01 2+2=5
02 sit down. stand up
03 paranoid android
04 kid a
05 backdrifts
06 morning bell
07 my iron lung
08 where i end and you begin
09 the gloaming
10 sail to the moon
11 climbimg up the walls
12 creep
13 like spinning plates
14 go to sleep
15 scatterbrain
16 the national anthem
17 there there

encore #1:
18 lucky
19 a punch-up at a wedding
20 airbag
21 everything in its right place

encore #1:
22 no surprises
23 idioteque

Sean Casey
08-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb

ahah, what bullshit

they played it 4 times in the last 6 years

Oh. I never leave my house so I don't know what they play. I was just going by what I remember other people on here saying before.

NewFreshness
08-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Actually, on a sattelite tv concert that I watched maybe a month ago, they played both Let Down and High and Dry.

El Savior
08-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb

after three years not anymore the Paranoid Android/Idioteque/Everything cliché

less Hail to the Thief songs for Kid A/ Amnesiac ones, which is a very good thing.
Climbing Up The Walls and Airbag back again (not played much on this tour)

Sit Down. Stand Up at the beginning instead at the end sounds sweet
Idioteque as closing must be astonishingly powerful

good in: Kid A
bad in: Wedding

[/B]

i wasn't a big fan of 'punchup' but they play it very, very well live. and yea, kid a was awesome. i thought that thom would have some sort of weird effect on his voice but he just belted it out, it was awesome.

hearing android more towards the beginning was really cool.

idioteque was a little bit of a let down for a closer. i think they shortened it from the last time i saw them (2 years ago today).

um, yea. it was fucking great.

Nimrod's Son
08-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Why won't they play Creep? Is it one of those "fuck that, our most popular song will never be played again" things?

That's BS.. you pay your $60 you should see the most wanted songs.

McCollum
08-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Nimrod's Son
Why won't they play Creep? Is it one of those "fuck that, our most popular song will never be played again" things?

That's BS.. you pay your $60 you should see the most wanted songs.

pay attention to the thread. they played it didn't they. they just didn't like the song because for years and years thats all anyone called out and wanted them to play. they stopped playing it so people stopped calling it out. now they are playing it again some. big deal. sounds like a smart plan on their part to me.

smashingjj
08-14-2003, 06:27 PM

That's BS.. you pay your $60 you should see the most wanted songs. you really take any chance to flame radiohead don't you

Eulogy
08-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by rkjr
as well as Let Down.

THIS IS NEWS TO ME.

Gr.

Why Am I So Ugly?
08-15-2003, 03:29 AM
show in mp3 format
http://www.indierocklive.com/temp_dl.php

peabody
08-15-2003, 01:01 PM
oh, listen to Thom giggle during Creep!

awww!

El Savior
08-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Why Am I So Ugly?
show in mp3 format

oh yes. yes yes. thank you too much.

damn fine recording, the show was broadcasted over a boston radio station, so that's cool.

Eulogy
08-15-2003, 02:15 PM
Goddamn this 56k.

Nimrod's Son
08-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by smashingjj
you really take any chance to flame radiohead don't you I was just curious, and asked a question. I wasn't flaming anyone, I wondered why they wouldn't play their biggest hit. I know if I paid to see the Foo Fighters and they didn't play Everlong anymore, I'd be a bit irked.

cherrimoya
08-15-2003, 02:51 PM
I was just curious, and asked a question. I wasn't flaming anyone, I wondered why they wouldn't play their biggest hit. I know if I paid to see the Foo Fighters and they didn't play Everlong anymore, I'd be a bit irked.

Wasn't Pearl Jam's best charting single Last Kiss? They don't play that all that often.

Jeremy doesn't make it into a lot of shows either, and that did pretty well too.

The Pantsmaster
08-15-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Why Am I So Ugly?
show in mp3 format

thank you sir.

Nimrod's Son
08-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by cherrimoya

Wasn't Pearl Jam's best charting single Last Kiss? They don't play that all that often.

Jeremy doesn't make it into a lot of shows either, and that did pretty well too. You might want to check fivehorizons.com. They play "Jeremy" at at least 50% of their shows or more.

As for Last Kiss, it was their most bought single <i>because it wasn't available on any other album.</i> It's far from their most played, requested or wellknown songs - those are on the albums.

And yes, they do play it.

shaniqua
08-15-2003, 07:59 PM

I definitely heard it on the radio more than any of their songs since Better Man or Corduroy or any of those....

don't forget that not only was it played on dad-rock and alt-scrunge stations, but was also embraced by top 40 stations.

El Savior
08-15-2003, 08:22 PM

FUCK, it's down.

damn. i didn't get the intro.

cherrimoya
08-15-2003, 08:56 PM
You might want to check fivehorizons.com. They play "Jeremy" at at least 50% of their shows or more.

As for Last Kiss, it was their most bought single <i>because it wasn't available on any other album.</i> It's far from their most played, requested or wellknown songs - those are on the albums.

And yes, they do play it.

I meant highest radio chart, not sales. It's their only single to have gone top 5, which would make it their most popular song, correct?

And by my count from the Sky I Scrape, "Jeremy" was played 20 times on a 50+ date U.S. tour, and "Last Kiss" 10.

You said if you went to see the Foo Fighters and they didn't play "Everlong" you'd be irked. Well, it stands to reason that more than half the Pearl Jam crowds were unhappy because the biggest 'hit' wasn't played.

Just saying Pearl Jam is lauded for playing sets that don't have to cater to the hits ("Evenflow" and "Corduroy" notwithstanding) so it shouldn't matter if Radiohead doesn't play "Creep" if they're playing good sets that people are into.

aldango
08-16-2003, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by NewFreshness
Actually, on a sattelite tv concert that I watched maybe a month ago, they played both Let Down and High and Dry.

that was from years ago.