View Full Version : Value of original Earphoria promo?

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 05:06 AM
What do you think?
You hardly see it on ebay...
BTw has anyone ever heard of pumpkin seeds?

Mayfuck
08-14-2003, 06:04 AM
Porcelina Ruby is a dumb screen name.

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Porcelina Ruby is a dumb screen name.

yeah well I mae this account a long time ago, and if I want a new one I have to fax and everything
BTW you could answer my question

Mayfuck
08-14-2003, 06:12 AM
I have 300 orignal copies of the Earphoria promo.

I will sell you Pumpkin Seeds though for $90.

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 06:14 AM
I have 300 orignal copies of the Earphoria promo.

I will sell you Pumpkin Seeds though for $90.

Oke I have a guy, who sold the original 1994 promo for 15 bucks on ebay, but I bid him 50 and now he is gonna sell it to me
He also has pumpkin seeds, Live at Riviera and Early 1989 demos, but I don't know anything about the last three, what are they?

severin
08-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Porcelina Ruby

Oke I have a guy, who sold the original 1994 promo for 15 bucks on ebay, but I bid him 50 and now he is gonna sell it to me
He also has pumpkin seeds, Live at Riviera and Early 1989 demos, but I don't know anything about the last three, what are they? i have a feeling, that his earphoria is not original at all........

Mayfuck
08-14-2003, 06:24 AM

He also has pumpkin seeds, Live at Riviera and Early 1989 demos, but I don't know anything about the last three, what are they?

What are they? Worth shit.

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by severin
i have a feeling, that his earphoria is not original at all........

I know! But if u see the pics, or he can fake them really really really good, of they are real, he said he bought them and they came with a very big collection, but didn't know the value.
Is 50 bucks raisonable for it? I think so, since onkly 1000 made?

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 06:26 AM

What are they? Worth shit.

c'mon just tell me, I could founf it on listessa, are they live shows? bootleggs?
So you are saying u have one thirth of all the original promo's???

Mayfuck
08-14-2003, 06:29 AM
Yes. Look at my posts. I have so many. Thats because I'm the webmaster of this site. I'm so close to banning you right now for your insolence.

frenchy
08-14-2003, 06:42 AM
yeah well I mae this account a long time ago

Date Registered: 04-27-2003

That's what you call "a long time ago" ?

Mayfuck
08-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by frenchy

Date Registered: 04-27-2003

That's what you call "a long time ago" ?

Fuck you, you're banned too.

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 07:29 AM
Yes. Look at my posts. I have so many. Thats because I'm the webmaster of this site. I'm so close to banning you right now for your insolence.

lol , are you suppose to be funny? - frustrated at the dead end job? - Ugly wife, retarded kids?
Why can't nobody answer to a fuckin simple question!

Deege
08-14-2003, 08:19 AM

lol , are you suppose to be funny? - frustrated at the dead end job? - Ugly wife, retarded kids?
Why can't nobody answer to a fuckin simple question! Because this is Netphoria.
Holy shit, I just answered his question.

The Gaddrow
08-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Is 50 bucks raisonable for it? I think so, since onkly 1000 made? If it is indeed an original, It <i>should</i> be worth well over $50.00. Closer to the $100.00 range, I would say.

Now, proving it is an original is a different story, and I highly doubt he is selling you an original 1994 promo. He may have photos of an original, yet the one he mails you could actually be a bootleg. I've been through it all before. Then again, there is always the chance that it could be legit. You have to ask yourself; "Do I feel Lucky?"

Also, the other CD's you mentioned are certainly bootlegs, worth about .04 cents each. There is a slim chance the Live at the Riveria is the French promo, but that is more scarce than an original earphoria promo.

CandyPotter
08-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by The Gaddrow
If it is indeed an original, It <i>should</i> be worth well over $50.00. Closer to the $100.00 range, I would say.

Also, the other CD's you mentioned are certainly bootlegs, worth about .04 cents each. There is a slim chance the Live at the Riveria is the French promo, but that is more scarce than an original earphoria promo.

I really ought to dig up my old credit card receipts and find out how much I paid for those promos. I always figured I paid way too much. If Earphoria is nearing $100, then I think I'm finally realizing a decent appreciation. I can't even come close to remembering how much I paid for Live at the Riviera. I think it was sometime in 97 or 98.

Porcelina Ruby
08-14-2003, 01:05 PM
thank you, finally some information I can use!
How can you recognise the french promo ?
what makes it worth so much? not much pressed?

frenchy
08-14-2003, 01:34 PM
How can you recognise the french promo ?

It's written "Freedom promo" in the back.

Enzed
08-14-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by frenchy

It's written "Freedom promo" in the back.
:rofl:

Though I assume the "Freedom Promo" version is a US bootleg...

The Gaddrow
08-14-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by CandyPotter
If Earphoria is nearing $100 Earphoria was selling well in the $300.00 range through most of the year 2000.

And here are scans of the Live in Chicago:
http://www.geocities.com/collectspumpkins/CompactDiscs/FrenchChicago1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/collectspumpkins/CompactDiscs/French
Chicago2.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/collectspumpkins/CompactDiscs/FrenchChicago2.jpg)
and lol @ frenchy.

Enzed
08-14-2003, 06:44 PM
Of course, that was before it was released officially. Prices dropped thereafter.

MstrGhost
08-14-2003, 08:26 PM
and there are promos for the 2002 version too

Porcelina Ruby
08-15-2003, 07:14 AM
No No, if the foto's are the one I can buy, it is definitly the 1994 promo, unless listessa lies ...
How much would the Live in Riviera be worth?

Porcelina Ruby
08-15-2003, 08:56 AM
hmm now I have a pic of the jewel case of the earphoria( I had only seen a pic of the cd, which matched the listessa despcription)
It has a black side, that has Smashing Pumpkins on it, and it appears to have the pic of the font of the new version, behind the place were u puit the cd in, instead of on the booklett, does this make any sense, ? Anyone can help me judge if this is real...

Porcelina Ruby
08-15-2003, 08:58 AM
I think i was wrong, I think it has the font like on the new earphoria, but it's smaller so u can see the transparant part where the cd rests, it's a blurry pic, pls help!!

CandyPotter
08-15-2003, 04:28 PM
Gah. Whatever picture you have is meaningless. Half of the bootlegs out there have cover art directly scanned from the original, even the Virgin logo. If I were you I'd just save your money for something more important since you have no idea what you're doing.

The Gaddrow
08-15-2003, 06:37 PM
If I were you I'd just save your money for something more important since you have no idea what you're doing. More sound advice from Miss Potter.

Age Of Empathy
08-15-2003, 07:50 PM
This thread makes me happy despite the fact my power was out for 24 hours.

Porcelina Ruby
08-16-2003, 05:02 AM
Gah. Whatever picture you have is meaningless. Half of the bootlegs out there have cover art directly scanned from the original, even the Virgin logo. If I were you I'd just save your money for something more important since you have no idea what you're doing.

good answer