View Full Version : what bands have you been excited to see that ended up sucking


Djed
08-12-2003, 11:15 PM
.

distance
08-12-2003, 11:57 PM
zwan

McCollum
08-12-2003, 11:57 PM
sonic youth sucked when i saw them live. i expected them to be good.

sawdust restaurants
08-13-2003, 12:03 AM
seeing yo la tengo now is like seeing two different bands, and the one that plays summer sun material is terrible.

sppunk
08-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by distance
zwan

No, they sucked <i>until</i> I saw them live, then they were good. Only live, though. Their album generally spares me to death.

James is Cool
08-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by sppunk


No, they sucked <i>until</i> I saw them live, then they were good. Only live, though. Their album generally spares me to death.

I thought so too.

rkjr
08-13-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by sppunk


No, they sucked <i>until</i> I saw them live, then they were good. Only live, though. Their album generally spares me to death.

Yeah.

I disagree about Sonic Youth though. They were my first concert and I loved it, and even saw them again about 4 months later. I've heard other people say that they sucked live though, but I couldn't see how, if you've seen the show that I have, you'd think they were anything but great.

Uh. Queens of the Stone Age (opening for Zwan) were kind of disappointing. They seemed kind of bored or that they didn't really want to be there. Other people who've seen them before were saying that they were having an off-night, and they must have been, because I heard that they were amazing live. They weren't that bad because when Mark came on to do his share of songs, they instantly began to kick all ass, but that was like half-way through the show or so.

Uh, Interpol were a little disappointing. Sounded good but not that exciting of an act except for the bassist. But I think I was just a little spoiled since just hours before I had seen Hot Hot Heat give a great performance (you may not like them, as I didn't before, but they are truely really good live).

Rider
08-13-2003, 02:48 AM
The Smashing Pumpkin
08-04-94

worst show ever

bonsor
08-13-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Rider
The Smashing Pumpkin
08-04-94

worst show ever why's that?

Nothing/everything
08-13-2003, 04:32 AM
interpol

strange_one
08-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
seeing yo la tengo now is like seeing two different bands, and the one that plays summer sun material is terrible.
<font color=33FFFF> I don't quite follow...you mean that they suck only when playing summer sun tracks?</font>

eyesbomb
08-13-2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by McCollum
sonic youth sucked

crazy motherfucker

smashingjj
08-13-2003, 08:32 AM
I was in love with tool until I saw them live once. After that, I didn't play their records half as much. How a bad concert can turn you off...

disslunker
08-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by rkjr

Hot Hot Heat give a great performance (you may not like them, as I didn't before, but they are truely really good live).


they came here about two years ago before they were on the radio / etc. they were fucking fantastic. great live band.

other great live bands:

piebald
man or astroman
american analog set
her space holiday
dntel
tool
thursday
glassjaw
the waking hours


i kind of enjoy alkaline trio but i didnt like them live.

NegativeSleep
08-13-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by smashingjj
I was in love with tool until I saw them live once. After that, I didn't play their records half as much. How a bad concert can turn you off...

crazy - I had the opposite experience (i.e. I played they records twice as much). The show I went to was mind-blowing. The only thing that turned me off about it was the 300lb idiot behind me crushing my ribs up against the rail. But that's hardly Tool's fault.

STRTG
08-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Deftones, but that was partly due to a horrible sound tech and Chino not pulling his pants up...........

smashingjj
08-13-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by NegativeSleep


crazy - I had the opposite experience (i.e. I played they records twice as much). The show I went to was mind-blowing. The only thing that turned me off about it was the 300lb idiot behind me crushing my ribs up against the rail. But that's hardly Tool's fault. fuck yes that can spoil a show. it has for me several times. people shouldn't be allowed to go to concerts.

NegativeSleep
08-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by smashingjj
fuck yes that can spoil a show. it has for me several times. people shouldn't be allowed to go to concerts.

well, 300lb people anyways. retarded crowdsurfers who kick you in the face as well. or very tall people who stand in front of you....

ok, I can see your point.

MagicPie
08-13-2003, 10:09 AM
erm none actaully,any band that i've intended to go and see were good or great and for the crowdsurfers,i used to punch the shit out of them/rob their shoes

sawdust restaurants
08-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by strange_one
<font color=33FFFF> I don't quite follow...you mean that they suck only when playing summer sun tracks?</font>

Basically, yes. It's as if even they know the album sucks, and it's pretty uninspired. When they start to bust out "Nuclear War" and "Blue Line Swinger," though, it's a completely different band.

friedicee
08-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by disslunker

other great live bands:

piebald
glassjaw


word

Transformer
08-14-2003, 12:14 AM
The Vines Suck Live

sppunk
08-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Transformer
The Vines Suck Live

The Vines suck non-live, too, dawg.

MstrGhost
08-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by sppunk


No, they sucked <i>until</i> I saw them live, then they were good. Only live, though. Their album generally spares me to death.

Liquid-J
08-14-2003, 06:13 PM
live (the band) in 1999
our lady peace last year or something
zwan - maybe sucked is too extreme, but they weren't special

Boycott Graceland
08-14-2003, 06:36 PM
built to spill; although doug was sick, so that may have been why. they just weren't very exciting. i got in two fights at the show, too. one with someone who looked like a blonde stephen malkmus and another with a guy who looked like the "o'doyle rules!" guy from billy madison. they were both drunk as hell.

Brute Squad
08-15-2003, 03:32 PM
interpol
zwan

Ghetto_Squirrel
08-15-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
seeing yo la tengo now is like seeing two different bands, and the one that plays summer sun material is terrible.

I went to one of the Summer Sun shows, and it was extraordinary.

Ghetto_Squirrel
08-15-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by STRTG
Chino not pulling his pants up

If he bought them before 2001, he probably couldn't.