View Full Version : ST: Pic Post-Albums Listened to Today


oui henri
08-12-2003, 04:39 PM
I'm bored and it's been quite the musical day.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000040P3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006BGPK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L9M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005B36H.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Irrelevant
08-12-2003, 04:45 PM
i don't listen to music.

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by oui henri
I'm bored and it's been quite the musical day.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000040P3.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006BGPK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L9M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005B36H.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sucks
Good
Good
Sucks

palidor
08-12-2003, 04:46 PM
too lazy to find pics

iron & wine - the creek drank the cradle
james iha - let it come down
sp - pisces iscariot

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by palidor
too lazy to find pics

iron & wine - the creek drank the cradle
james iha - let it come down
sp - pisces iscariot

Only Ok
Sucks (even though I love it)
Great

Lie
08-12-2003, 05:12 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd100/d148/d14893rjndb.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f171/f17133z86nt.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre700/e700/e7008071tkg.jpg

Enzed
08-12-2003, 05:13 PM
http://www.iespana.es/tierradenod/farbeyonddriven.jpg
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc400/c443/c443202476f.jpg
http://www.readishmael.com/readishmael/images/yield.jpg

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Lie
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd100/d148/d14893rjndb.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f171/f17133z86nt.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre700/e700/e7008071tkg.jpg

Good
Great
Good

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Enzed
http://www.iespana.es/tierradenod/farbeyonddriven.jpg
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc400/c443/c443202476f.jpg
http://www.readishmael.com/readishmael/images/yield.jpg

Meh.
Haven't heard it but pretty sure its awful
Awful.

NewFreshness
08-12-2003, 06:14 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc000/c020/c02032s0709.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd300/d314/d31475242jc.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf000/f090/f090580v7de.jpg

Enzed
08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck


Pantera - Meh.


Which is why I only listen to it once every 8 years. I'm going through a 'Listening to stuff I haven't listened to for ages' phase.

Djed
08-12-2003, 06:54 PM
of montreal mix
sp - pisces iscariot
aphex twin - richard d james album
APC - mer de noms

sawdust restaurants
08-12-2003, 07:06 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d644/d64427ccg22.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd000/d098/d098514198j.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd200/d235/d2353204bn2.jpg
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f695/f69592ux30i.jpg Erroll Garner - Soliloquy; Aaron Dilloway - Appalling and Alive

next: http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f174/f17481m2htv.jpg

bornentertainer
08-12-2003, 07:11 PM
http://www.nouse4aname.com/images/lecheconcarne.gif

http://www.lyrics.com/g/garbage/garbage.jpg

D.
08-12-2003, 07:28 PM
modest mouse- this is a long drive...
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/sn_legacy/sonicnet/assetmedia/bands/images/503131_5332.jpg
(didn't like it; i'm destined to only like 2 modest mouse songs; i wouldn't mind liking more, but i just can't get into them)

http://www.mumbleboy.com/mumbleboy/imagefolder/4SOM/mum1.gif
(absolutely love it)

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by NewFreshness
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc000/c020/c02032s0709.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd300/d314/d31475242jc.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf000/f090/f090580v7de.jpg

Extermely overrated
Great
Disappointment

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Djed
of montreal mix
sp - pisces iscariot
aphex twin - richard d james album
APC - mer de noms

Great
Great
Crap

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d644/d64427ccg22.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd000/d098/d098514198j.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd200/d235/d2353204bn2.jpg
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f695/f69592ux30i.jpg Erroll Garner - Soliloquy; Aaron Dilloway - Appalling and Alive

next: http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f174/f17481m2htv.jpg

Only OK
Crap
Only OK
Never heard it
Good
Never heard it but should be alright since its the guy from Wolf Eyes
Brilliant

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by bornentertainer
http://www.nouse4aname.com/images/lecheconcarne.gif

http://www.lyrics.com/g/garbage/garbage.jpg


Awful
Awful

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by David
modest mouse- this is a long drive...
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/sn_legacy/sonicnet/assetmedia/bands/images/503131_5332.jpg
(didn't like it; i'm destined to only like 2 modest mouse songs; i wouldn't mind liking more, but i just can't get into them)

http://www.mumbleboy.com/mumbleboy/imagefolder/4SOM/mum1.gif
(absolutely love it)

Only OK
Great

Salem
08-12-2003, 07:36 PM
<img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d667/d6673394gro.jpg"><Br>

<img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e929/e929555z5c6.jpg"><Br>

...+ the radio

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Salem
<img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d667/d6673394gro.jpg"><Br>

<img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e929/e929555z5c6.jpg"><Br>

...+ the radio

Good
Good
CRAP

Salem
08-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Pretty much.

sawdust restaurants
08-12-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Never heard it but should be alright since its the guy from Wolf Eyes

If you like Wolf Eyes, you should get it. It's a two-song, 20-minute EP and you can get it on the cheap.

Eulogy
08-12-2003, 07:53 PM
http://www.section3.com/records/images/fiona_tidal.jpg

NewFreshness
08-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck


(Fear of a Black Planet)Extermely overrated
(Music Has the Right to Children)Great
(I Might Be Wrong)Disappointment

Being overrated doesn't make something bad (and I agree that it's overrated, it's great but it's not even Nation of Millions and that's overrated in itself). :)

And coming only 1 LP removed from Kid A, what's not going to be a dissappointment? :P

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Eulogy
http://www.section3.com/records/images/fiona_tidal.jpg

Dumb.

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by NewFreshness


Being overrated doesn't make something bad (and I agree that it's overrated, it's great but it's not even Nation of Millions and that's overrated in itself). :)

And coming only 1 LP removed from Kid A, what's not going to be a dissappointment? :P

I like Nation of Millions but overrated has to do with VH1, Rolling Stone or MTV shoving it down our faces as the holy grail of hip hop or something.

The version of True Love Waits that they put on there disappointed me because I loved the previous versions. I'm sure Radiohead put out a great live show, but for some reason I expected them to stray more from the studio stuff. Jonny's wankering is supposed to amazing but I don't hear it.

AndySlash
08-12-2003, 08:35 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd100/d126/d12650j45k1.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d636/d636923es02.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd800/d809/d80963qx1gr.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre400/e473/e47397ifq14.jpg

Eulogy
08-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck


Dumb.

Dumb?

James is Cool
08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd300/d328/d328209c9e4.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf500/f590/f59064kusx4.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd100/d170/d17097ww980.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre100/e182/e18256ickky.jpg

noyen
08-12-2003, 08:47 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f134/f13446pupb6.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf700/f799/f79972yby0s.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd400/d433/d43325cmhn8.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc700/c763/c7634980b4g.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc300/c307/c30709b2259.jpg

Mayfuck
08-13-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by AndySlash
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd100/d126/d12650j45k1.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d636/d636923es02.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd800/d809/d80963qx1gr.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre400/e473/e47397ifq14.jpg

Awful
Awful
I like it.
0/10

Mayfuck
08-13-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by James is Cool
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd300/d328/d328209c9e4.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf500/f590/f59064kusx4.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd100/d170/d17097ww980.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre100/e182/e18256ickky.jpg

Great
OK
Great
Good

Mayfuck
08-13-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by noyen
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f134/f13446pupb6.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf700/f799/f79972yby0s.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd400/d433/d43325cmhn8.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc700/c763/c7634980b4g.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc300/c307/c30709b2259.jpg

Amazing
Good
Good
Never heard it
I hate college white boy-safe rap

Chewbacca
08-13-2003, 03:02 AM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f149/f149830ux2w.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd700/d798/d79869ty7q0.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc600/c671/c67113g567q.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc800/c860/c86049v9v2o.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre400/e495/e49507o5nrs.jpg

right now:
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc400/c400/c40023w5e68.jpg

Mayfuck
08-13-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Chewbacca
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf100/f149/f149830ux2w.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd700/d798/d79869ty7q0.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc600/c671/c67113g567q.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc800/c860/c86049v9v2o.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre400/e495/e49507o5nrs.jpg

right now:
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc400/c400/c40023w5e68.jpg

Great
Great
Great
Great
Good
Great

You have a good taste in music, Chewbacca.

Chewbacca
08-13-2003, 03:45 AM
http://www.nerdvision.net/jason/wwfpics/vince2.jpg

Michiel
08-13-2003, 09:55 AM
dEUS - In A Bar, Under The Sea
Zita Swoon - I Paint Pictures On A Wedding Dress
Eels - Electro Shock Blues

smashingjj
08-13-2003, 10:19 AM
Grandaddy - The Sophtware Slump
Placebo - Placebo

smashingjj
08-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Michiel
dEUS - In A Bar, Under The Sea
Zita Swoon - I Paint Pictures On A Wedding Dress
Eels - Electro Shock Blues Horn, wherever is that?

Michiel
08-13-2003, 10:24 AM
Horn, wherever is that?

That's a small little village in Limburg

smashingjj
08-13-2003, 10:36 AM
North or south? I have lived in Siebengewald about 10 years ago....:D

Michiel
08-13-2003, 10:47 AM
North or south? I have lived in Siebengewald about 10 years ago....

The Middle, It's near Roermond

NewFreshness
08-13-2003, 11:03 AM
*raises Chewbacca's hand* We have a winner.

This is what I plan on listening to today.

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e976/e97614zb24v.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f640/f64046m6var.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf800/f844/f84464mxvup.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc400/c467/c467271xqv1.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf000/f003/f00364bv73v.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc400/c476/c47611x9w4g.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf500/f563/f56343utdmf.jpg

But for right now, my usual wake up album: http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf700/f797/f79778iffzd.jpg

eyesbomb
08-13-2003, 11:09 AM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f614/f61454nu38h.jpg

http://www.torsten-freitag.de/rem/media/04warsaw/04_warsaw_600.jpg

NewFreshness
08-13-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
I think Monster Movie might actually be my favorite Can album. Mooney is slightly cooler than Suzuki, and Yoo Doo Right is their best song.

Discuss.

Eh, I prefer Tago Mago.

Mooney is DEFINATELY cooler than Suzuki. Though I must say that I've never heard a single song from them.

NewFreshness
08-13-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower


I love Tago Mago, but I think the three longer songs kind of meander and go nowhere for way too long. I prefer Ege Bamyasi from the Suzuki era. More focus without losing any of the, uh, dynamics. or something. hiyoooooooo

Have you heard any of the stuff they did after Suzuki left the band? I don't have anything after, um, Future Days. I'd like to, despite the mixed reviews.

You didn't catch my joke about that lame excuse for a garage band the Mooney Suzuki, didja? It's ok--twas stupid anyway.

No I haven't heard post-Suzuki material. Sorry.

Chewbacca
08-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower


I love Tago Mago, but I think the three longer songs kind of meander and go nowhere for way too long. I prefer Ege Bamyasi from the Suzuki era.



Well, I prefer Tago Mago, but i can see your point about the jam parts in those three songs that go for too long, but i think they work well in the context of the album, those three songs don't sound boring or pretentious.

I'm not always in the mood for this record, but it's fucking amazing.

Chewbacca
08-13-2003, 12:36 PM
oh, new stars :cool:

El Savior
08-13-2003, 12:52 PM
i've listened to 'hail to the thief' and 'vanity' (eighteen visions)

Fattening Ass
08-13-2003, 01:43 PM
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd300/d397/d39747oilk2.jpg
http://yearoftherabbit.net/img/selftitledalbum.jpg
http://store.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drd500/d567/d567009hetc.jpg
http://ubl.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drf800/f808/f80834cy174.jpg
http://www.cdbaby.com/covers/o/n/on.jpg
http://ubl.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/dre200/e214/e21448zg6bm.jpg

i plan on listening to these today.

AndySlash
08-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by eyesbomb
http://www.torsten-freitag.de/rem/media/04warsaw/04_warsaw_600.jpg

Is that a boot, or something officially released over there?

eyesbomb
08-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by AndySlash


Is that a boot, or something officially released over there?

a bootleg.
I'm getting my hands over a lot of shows of the European tour (I attended part of it)

this date was amazing, and sounds great too


setlist was the following 26 songs :
http://www.masciana.com/rem/setlist/Warsaw.jpg

in stereo
08-13-2003, 04:34 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f600/f60073z6234.jpg

Enzed
08-13-2003, 05:06 PM
http://sharifi.org/album_images/2029.jpg
http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc000/c012/c01269e96qs.jpg

http://www.netlaputa.ne.jp/~met/jpg_us/u_shit2.jpg

relaxor!
08-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Enzed

http://www.artistdirect.com/Images/Sources/AMGCOVERS/music/cover200/drc000/c012/c01269e96qs.jpg
That's such a good album. Kind of more of the same as the Green Mind session stuff, but a little less good. Do you like DJ or were you just listening to it for Out There? Somebody just talk to me about DJ.

Enzed
08-13-2003, 07:22 PM
It's their only album I got, back in the day. I love the way it sounds.

I should go and get some more Dinosaur Jr. Any recommendations?

Salem
08-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mayfuck


I like it.


Your right to critique is revoked.

:p

Boycott Graceland
08-13-2003, 09:42 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc900/c954/c954407p7y6.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf200/f231/f23120wbhar.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e960/e96069wt49y.jpg

D.
08-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by in stereo
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf600/f600/f60073z6234.jpg

NewFreshness
08-13-2003, 11:04 PM
Mayfuck should be required to give one word reviews on every album mentioned here.

Nidhogg
08-14-2003, 02:44 AM
In order:

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd800/d890/d89056f94l2.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd700/d798/d79858tx05e.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre300/e302/e30215t02cv.jpg

//image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc400/c493/c49336dhq1k.jpg

relaxor!
08-15-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Enzed
It's their only album I got, back in the day. I love the way it sounds.

I should go and get some more Dinosaur Jr. Any recommendations? Yeah. If you like that album and the way it sounds, get either Green mind or Hand it Over next (Green Mind is a little bit better). If you end up liking those a lot or feel like experimenting with other stuff of theirs, try to find either You're Living All Over Me or Bug. Those are both great earlier albums.
Shit, I just recommended 2/3 of their albums.
Eh, just get Green Mind or Bug. That's all. Or the others. Damn.

shaniqua
08-21-2003, 09:00 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf700/f729/f72931thctt.jpg
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf900/f989/f98950lz627.jpg
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc500/c500/c50024od127.jpg
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf900/f904/f90430prbmv.jpg

Mason R Butler
08-21-2003, 10:32 PM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd800/d869/d86913h97rk.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf300/f355/f35593xinzr.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf000/f037/f037033re2p.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drc900/c903/c9036601x7d.jpg

Chewbacca
08-22-2003, 01:20 AM
http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre900/e995/e99591zg6bm.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf500/f517/f51714hpqhn.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf900/f937/f93745cuku1.jpg http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drf800/f882/f88225ch3u3.jpg

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre000/e010/e01093vzd1r.jpg

raygun
08-22-2003, 01:34 AM
<img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd600/d663/d66352h03xs.jpg"><img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/dre300/e334/e334008sif2.jpg">
<img src="http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drd200/d235/d23526c5629.jpg">

pale blue eyes
08-23-2003, 10:46 AM
http://www.chrisspedding.com/session/ej/ej1.jpg

http://www.tapefuzz.com/reviews/images/f/fugazi-argument.jpg

soeren
08-23-2003, 02:40 PM
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000507LW.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00009WKJX.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00008XF9O.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg