View Full Version : Good Up and Coming Artists-

alisonmonster
08-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Alright-on the opposite end -what band deserves or should be huge in the next while?

The Constantines (from Canada eh?)

sppunk
08-12-2003, 01:00 AM
The Connotations

sawdust restaurants
08-12-2003, 01:03 AM
The Exploding Hearts

Mayfuck
08-12-2003, 01:03 AM
Party of One
Single Frame

I dunno

sawdust restaurants
08-12-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
Party of One

:erm

Mason R Butler
08-12-2003, 01:09 AM
Parallelogram
Hardcore Sound FX
Eerie, Indiana
German Film Society
Button Button
Which is a Building Which is on Fire

THRILLHO
08-12-2003, 01:20 AM
The Organ
Billy the Kid and the Lost Boys
Means to an End
traci_dub

Mason R Butler
08-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by THRILLHO
The Organ
Billy the Kid and the Lost Boys
Means to an End
traci_dub
I call shenanigans.

Boner
08-12-2003, 01:58 AM
21st Century Socks
Matilda Bridge Clique
Guardrails for the Paranoid
PzachQ
Ogre
Bill Fitzsimmons and his Mighty Brigade of Midget Whores

Mason R Butler
08-12-2003, 03:42 AM
St. Guadalupe
Break Bread
Hat Crime
The Sooner, The Better
Zzyxx
r-E-LA-xx

":KAS:LFJALKCJNKA;lkNFLKNSDFKNASMDFLSJAKkjf;ldsajfd pojiw;LJFS;LJFG;LDSJGFDS;LJMV,MXCLKVJSD;LFKJA;LKJA SFD & the Jews.

Tyler
08-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler

Button Button

I like that name.

disslunker
08-12-2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Mason R Butler
Which is a Building Which is on Fire

great band name, what do they sound like?

Nothing/everything
08-12-2003, 07:35 AM
eastern lane

babyletswhine
08-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Nothing/everything
eastern lane

you must be kidding: album is mediocre, live it sucks they just play their strokes wannabe songs.

sawdust restaurants
08-12-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
wow, you actually made a post that made me laugh

There's a first time for everything. In return, I want more $. Tasty mp3s.

sawdust restaurants
08-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by babyletswhine
strokes wannabe

Heh, this is pretty funny.

alisonmonster
08-12-2003, 01:35 PM
forgot one- Clinic though they're popular in the UK just not as much in North America

shaniqua
08-12-2003, 01:38 PM
PMS

Nothing/everything
08-13-2003, 05:37 AM
you must be kidding: album is mediocre, live it sucks they just play their strokes wannabe songs.

The fact that your live experience sucked ass doesn't make the album mediocre. Sure, it doesn't win a price for originality, but the overall album is a excellent listen. I've seen them two times now, they're not a good stage act, but i still think that over a year, when the average band age reaches 19 or so, they will have lost their shyness, and will put up quite the show. Can't wait to see them in september.

babyletswhine
08-13-2003, 05:54 AM

The fact that your live experience sucked ass doesn't make the album mediocre. Sure, it doesn't win a price for originality, but the overall album is a excellent listen. I've seen them two times now, they're not a good stage act, but i still think that over a year, when the average band age reaches 19 or so, they will have lost their shyness, and will put up quite the show. Can't wait to see them in september.

i heard the album before the live show, thought it was mediocre then. It had some good songs, the ones that dont sound like the strokes, with the strokes i mean the staccato guitar doubled by a small lead.

A good band for me is a combination of a good record and a good stage act. The fact that are good band according to the press is, well they are young so well then its pretty good. if you see other young bands such as silverchair perform when they were 15 they had a better stage act. It has nothing to do with shyness in my opinion for the singer. He just tries to be arrogant (not even saying thank you, come on), im not the only one thinking this, ive heard other people say this too, so its not only my stupid opinion.

zimzumprincess
08-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Railer

palidor
08-13-2003, 02:17 PM
randy "macho man" savage

Mason R Butler
08-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by disslunker

great band name, what do they sound like?
Talking Heads.

apl
08-14-2003, 01:44 AM
A.M. Vibe

Nidhogg
08-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower

wow, you actually made a post that made me laugh

Nothing/everything
08-14-2003, 02:38 PM
i heard the album before the live show, thought it was mediocre then. It had some good songs, the ones that dont sound like the strokes, with the strokes i mean the staccato guitar doubled by a small lead.

A good band for me is a combination of a good record and a good stage act. The fact that are good band according to the press is, well they are young so well then its pretty good. if you see other young bands such as silverchair perform when they were 15 they had a better stage act. It has nothing to do with shyness in my opinion for the singer. He just tries to be arrogant (not even saying thank you, come on), im not the only one thinking this, ive heard other people say this too, so its not only my stupid opinion.

i don't think sounding like the strokes is a crime. The strokes didn't invent the genre they're in, nor their sound. And the arrogance of the singer didn't came forward at all during the metropolis fest, and also doesn't come forward during interviews.

And again, interpol is considered a good band by many, but their concerts are not even close to mediocre.

And dude, please stop giving our arguments a somewhat agressive tone. Although we're posting on netphoria, your opinion isn't considered stupid by me. We just differ in opinion on this point.

machina82
08-14-2003, 02:56 PM

i don't think sounding like the strokes is a crime. The strokes didn't invent the genre they're in, nor their sound. And the arrogance of the singer didn't came forward at all during the metropolis fest, and also doesn't come forward during interviews.

And again, interpol is considered a good band by many, but their concerts are not even close to mediocre.

And dude, please stop giving our arguments a somewhat agressive tone. Although we're posting on netphoria, your opinion isn't considered stupid by me. We just differ in opinion on this point.

its not my intention to sound agressive. I usually dont want to type long replies. And i guess short replies tend to sound more agressive. But one more thing, im not saying the strokes invented the sound, but thats just a hype i know that. But ripping off the strokes is twice as sad in my opinion. And about the arrogance of the singer, ive heard this opinion more than once. I respect the fact that you can acknowledge different opinions, unlike a lot of other people here. I just strongly disagree with you thats why i had to bring up the comments :D.