View Full Version : Paz played at the APC show in Chicago


Eulogy
08-11-2003, 02:40 AM
for the three people who might care.

Played violin on 3 Libras.

pale blue eyes
08-11-2003, 06:44 AM
That's pretty cool. How was the show?

beetlebum
08-11-2003, 06:49 AM
awesome :)

Elvis The Fat Years
08-11-2003, 06:50 AM
typical broad. says one thing, does another. pfft.

beetlebum
08-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years
typical broad. says one thing, does another. pfft.

lol :D

what did maynard or anyone for that matter say? any jokes? crowds reaction? eh...?

twilightfadez
08-11-2003, 08:36 AM
are you serious?
:eek:

that rocks

RobTheGood
08-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Bassist Lenchantin Leaves Zwan
Posted By Ashish on 08.08.03

Band's future seems to be in doubt...

Bassist Paz Lenchantin has left the band Zwan. Paz will now be joining Zwan member David Pajo's Papa M project for a new album and tour, beginning Oct. 4 in Chicago. Pajo will remain with Zwan, but did confirm that the band is on a "break."

"My experience with Zwan has been great but it is time for me to move on to new projects," Lenchantin wrote.

The little excitement in Zwan from its members may stem from the band's last album selling a disappointing 267,000 copies since being released in February.

twilightfadez
08-11-2003, 10:15 AM
uh..yeah i think we are all well aware of that

Ugly
08-11-2003, 10:26 AM
How much you wanna bet that twiggy meets up with some “mysterious” accident in a few weeks right before the show and then when the band is supposed to take their places Paz walks out with the bass like no one is the wiser.

That woman is evil, I tells you! EVIL!

twilightfadez
08-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
How much you wanna bet that twiggy meets up with some “mysterious” accident in a few weeks right before the show and then when the band is supposed to take their places Paz walks out with the bass like no one is the wiser.

That woman is evil, I tells you! EVIL!

:rofl:

Ugly
08-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Either that or I’m kind of expecting that Jimmy is going to eventually be playing drums for APC. They’ll name their next album “The No Billys Club” (cuz they already have one, but they can’t have more than that.) And outside the venue, Corgan will be looking in the window, his hands pressed to the glass with one tear running down his cheek.

BlueStar
08-11-2003, 10:46 AM
:eek: :eek:

Eulogy
08-11-2003, 11:20 AM
I just now saw that Paz left Zwan. Hah.

But uh....no one said anything about her being there....she didn't say anything. She actually came out before APC started, and I was just all 'Holy shit, that's Paz.'

Then she left and didn't come back until 3 Libras.

She really does have a wonderful ass.

spfreak
08-11-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ugly
Either that or I’m kind of expecting that Jimmy is going to eventually be playing drums for APC. They’ll name their next album “The No Billys Club” (cuz they already have one, but they can’t have more than that.) And outside the venue, Corgan will be looking in the window, his hands pressed to the glass with one tear running down his cheek.

ROOOOFL!!!!!! :rofl:

twilightfadez
08-11-2003, 11:22 AM
anyone have any pics of that show?

pink_ribbon_scars
08-11-2003, 01:57 PM
I was there and it was super cool. Maynard told the classic knock knock joke:

M: knock knock
Us: who's there?
M: interrupting cow
Us: interrupt..
M: Moo

That's the only banter I caught because I was front row center and all the talking sounded like "bdjbadfb hf ihhwefh jwoj" from there. Pajo was also there, in the balcony.

MstrGhost
08-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ugly
That woman is evil, I tells you! EVIL!

Eulogy
08-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by pink_ribbon_scars


That's the only banter I caught because I was front row center and all the talking sounded like "bdjbadfb hf ihhwefh jwoj" from there. Pajo was also there, in the balcony.
Yeah....I couldn't understand too much of the talking. Not like there was much of it anyway...but yeah.

And the show was fucking awesome. The more I think about it, the more I realize that it was really really good.

I have a newfound love for Rose and Judith now. Yes I do.

kevinjboconnor
08-11-2003, 04:26 PM
how is selling 300,000 albums disappointing to whoever is in zwan besides billy and jimmy

lily1only
08-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Phreak
That's pretty cool. How was the show?


James looked super hot.

shaniqua
08-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by lily1only



James looked super hot.

correct response.

TotalZero
08-11-2003, 10:27 PM
In most band terms, selling 267,000 copies of a CD in one country (267k is the U.S. figure is it not?) is pretty darn good... No, it's not Smashing Pumpkins big... but this is a different type of music than the Pumpkins... it's definitely more ecclectic... I dig it, but it's not Top 40 and it's not Mtv...

But 267,000 records is more than probably 99% of signed bands EVER sell. Let alone a year after said band's formation.... Not to mention a reasonably successful U.S. tour...

More importantly the band seemed to be really having fun playing music.. at least when they were here in Houston. I think that Billy's clout alone is enough to keep them going. And no record company is going to turn down a band that can sell them ~300,000 records in a year.... Doesn't seem like much compared to say a Brittany Spears (*PUKE*), but it is a lot in the scheme of things.

-Michael

Vulva
08-12-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by TotalZero
In most band terms, selling 267,000 copies of a CD in one country (267k is the U.S. figure is it not?) is pretty darn good... No, it's not Smashing Pumpkins big... but this is a different type of music than the Pumpkins... it's definitely more ecclectic... I dig it, but it's not Top 40 and it's not Mtv...

But 267,000 records is more than probably 99% of signed bands EVER sell. Let alone a year after said band's formation.... Not to mention a reasonably successful U.S. tour...

More importantly the band seemed to be really having fun playing music.. at least when they were here in Houston. I think that Billy's clout alone is enough to keep them going. And no record company is going to turn down a band that can sell them ~300,000 records in a year.... Doesn't seem like much compared to say a Brittany Spears (*PUKE*), but it is a lot in the scheme of things.

-Michael

keep tellin yourself that

Injektilo
08-12-2003, 11:17 AM
So, lets see then...

in a month, Maynard will quit APC to join Zwan (admit it, you can see him singing "a little sunshine, just to butter my toast") after billy leaves zwan to join NIN. Jimmy leaves zwan to join APC, and Paz comes back to zwan after Papa M forms a supergroup with a reformed Chavez called Zwan Mark II.
and James starts writting music with Mike Garson.
lawsuits ensue.

in stereo
08-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Injektilo
So, lets see then...

in a month, Maynard will quit APC to join Zwan (admit it, you can see him singing "a little sunshine, just to butter my toast") after billy leaves zwan to join NIN. Jimmy leaves zwan to join APC, and Paz comes back to zwan after Papa M forms a supergroup with a reformed Chavez called Zwan Mark II.
and James starts writting music with Mike Garson.
lawsuits ensue.

Don't you talk about chavez that way.

loafofjoy
08-12-2003, 03:58 PM
and then billy & billy h. join will oldham in bonnie prince billy...and maybe bill maher? and johnny cash.

i saw will oldham opening for bjork last night. it was at the hollywood bowl and he played a 45-minute solo set accompanied only by an autoharp. ballsy. he was seriously being booed by the end of the set.

this has been my irrelevant post for the year.

Eulogy
08-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo
So, lets see then...

in a month, Maynard will quit APC to join Zwan (admit it, you can see him singing "a little sunshine, just to butter my toast")

That made me giggle.