View Full Version : Your B-side Mixes

McCollum
08-09-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm working on a mix made from b-sides and non-album songs. Anyone make one one before? I was thinking of including Machina II and Pisces Iscariot because they truely are b-sides and such. Anyway post some ideas and when i finish i'll post mine. something that fits on an 80 minute disc would work or make a double album.

Diamond Dream
08-10-2003, 12:44 PM
PI is already a mix of b-sides and non-album songs.

M2 well that's an album.

I have made 2 mixes, 1988-1994, 1995-2000... I'll type in the tracklists later.

McCollum
08-10-2003, 03:08 PM
True, they technically are albums but they are also technically b-sides to Siamese Dream and Adore/Machina.

Diamond Dream
08-10-2003, 04:08 PM
Well yeah PI covers the Gish and SD eras but Machina 2 isn't a B-Side album!!

M2 has one LP wich his the album and 3 EP's wich are the B-Sides... but the B-Sides to M2 not Adore and Machina.

And why are using tracks off PI to make a B-Sides and non-album songs compilation. It's already a compilation so why make one...

Believe me theres enough material from those eras to make a mix without using the ones off PI..

Diamond Dream
08-10-2003, 04:38 PM
... a mix i made

1988-1994

1 * Hope - Still Becoming Apart
2 * Slunk - Lull EP
3 * Apathy's Last Kiss - Today B-Side
4 * Vanilla - Mashed Potatoes, Demo 89
5 * Not Worth Asking - I Am One 7”
6 * Never Let Me Down Again - Rocket B-Side
7 * Glynis - No Alternative
8 * Terrapin - I Am One 10”
9 * I’m Free (Live, The Who cover) – Mashed Potatoes
10 * Jackie Blue - 20 Super Sonic Mega Explosive Hits!
11 * Mayonaise “Acoustic” – Still Becoming Apart
12 * Spaceboy “SD Outtake” - Mashed Potatoes
13 * Stars Fall In - Moon Demo, Eye Demo
14 * I Am One - I Am One 7” Limited Potential
15 * Siva - Peel Sessions
16 * Moleasskiss - Mashed Potatoes, Demo 92
17 * Isolation - Starchildren
18 * Egg - Moon Demo, Eye Demo
19 * There It Goes - Mashed Potatoes, Demo 88
20 * Bye June - Lull EP
21 * Dancing In The Moonlight - Disarm B-Side

Axis of Action
08-11-2003, 12:49 AM
slunk seems a little out of place on that mix.

McCollum
08-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Diamond Dream
Well yeah PI covers the Gish and SD eras but Machina 2 isn't a B-Side album!!

M2 has one LP wich his the album and 3 EP's wich are the B-Sides... but the B-Sides to M2 not Adore and Machina.

And why are using tracks off PI to make a B-Sides and non-album songs compilation. It's already a compilation so why make one...

Believe me theres enough material from those eras to make a mix without using the ones off PI..

Machina 2 was comprised of songs from the Machina and Adore sessions. geez, where do you think cash car star, dross, and LMGTWTY came from plus all the others. they were written during adore and machina I. i know its not technically a b-side album according to corgan but its obviously made up of songs that were left off of adore and machina. Oh well, i guess i'm retarded or something. Anyway I personally will ******* stuff from PI and M2 because i don' t think they are that solid. Do what you want though.

Diamond Dream
08-11-2003, 03:35 AM
LMGTWTY and Cash Car Star are indeed from the Adore era, I'm not sure about Dross though but I'll take your word on it.

The versions on M2 are not from the Adore sessions I can tell you that much. Everything on M2 is from the Machina sessions, Adore era songs were re-recorded during that time.

they were written during adore and machina I

Machina 1 & 2 is the same era... they just returned to the studio in the summer of 2000 to work on 2 or 3 songs before releasing M2.

This is going nowhere...

What do you think of my mix though?

Fathoms (unadored)
08-11-2003, 03:47 AM
1. Speed Kills (new wave)
2. Never Let Me Down
3. Slunk
4. God
5. Jesus Loves His Babies
6. Once in a While
7. The Beggining is the End is the Beggining
8. Blue Skies Bring Tears (Machina 2)
9. Drown (full)
10. Meddelia of the Grey Skies
11. If there is a God (piano)
12. Daphne Descends (Kerry B mix)
13. Honeyspyder
14. Stars Fall In
15. Laugh
16. Mouthes of Babes
17. Cash Car Star
18. Destination Unknown
19. Hello Kitty Kat
20. Glynis

Dead
08-11-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by McCollum
Oh well, i guess i'm retarded or something.
I support this theory.

The gooch
08-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Why wasnt ugly on there. Its such a good song

Ugly
08-12-2003, 03:48 PM
LMGTWTY and Cash Car Star may have been written during Adore but on MACHINA II they were re-recorded for those sessions w/ Jimmy. Heck, if you wanna get technical, the riff from Bullet was kicking around in the SD days. I don’t think it matters when the song was written, but when it was recorded to fit it into that album. The style varies – check out how much more different Saturnine (recorded during adore) is different from Saturnine is from Machina II.

MII Glass theme to Atom Bomb is labeled an LP. Its an album, just released in an unconventional way. The EP’s would technically be the b-sides.

Diamond Dream
08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
euh Ugly...

Originally posted by Diamond Dream
LMGTWTY and Cash Car Star are indeed from the Adore era.

The versions on M2 are not from the Adore sessions I can tell you that much. Everything on M2 is from the Machina sessions, Adore era songs were re-recorded during that time.

:rolleyes: