View Full Version : Peaches tour dates


shaniqua
08-09-2003, 11:48 AM
custom title changed in honour of her upcoming album.

10-01 Washington, D.C. - Five Club
10-02 Baltimore, MD - Ottobar
10-03 Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
10-04 New York, NY - Plaid
10-05 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
10-06 Boston, MA - Middle East
10-08 Montreal, Quebec - Club Soda
10-09 Toronto, Ontario - Opera House
10-10 Pittsburgh, PA - Andy Warhol Museum
10-11 Columbus, OH - Little Brothers
10-12 Louisville, KY - Headliners
10-13 Atlanta, GA - Echo Lounge
10-15 Memphis, TN - Young Ave Deli
10-16 Oberlin, OH - Oberlin College
10-17 Chicago, IL - Metro
10-18 Minneapolis, MN - Tripple Rock
10-21 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richards On Richards
10-22 Seattle, WA - Showbox
10-23 Portland, OR - TBA
10-24 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's
10-25 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey
10-26 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey
10-27 San Diego, CA - Casbah
10-28 Tijuana, Mexico - Centro Bar
10-29 Mexico City, Mexico - TBA
11-01 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Tim Festival
11-05 Belo Horizonte, Brazil - Josefine
11-06 Porto Allegre, Brazil - La Quinta
11-07 Buenes Aires, Argentina - Trastienda
11-08 Santiago de Chile, Chile - Teatro Novedades


too bad i might not be able to go to the toronto show :( ah well, i've seen her 4 times already.

jukeboxphuckup
08-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
10-08 Montreal, Quebec - Club Soda

Yes! A Montreal show!

twice
08-09-2003, 06:19 PM
bitchin.

Tessellation
08-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by shaunna

10-25 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey
10-26 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey







I saw the Breeders there last year.


Is Peaches really any good? I've only heard that "teaches of peaches" song, which I liked.

Tessellation
08-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower
^ Well, she's certainly no Radiohead or Flaming Lips



in terms of how much they suck?

shaniqua
08-09-2003, 06:41 PM
well i like her music. i like her persona. her show is a fucking rock n' dildos spectacle. if that sounds good 2 u, i'd say go!

Mayfuck
08-09-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Tessellation




in terms of how much they suck?

Haha

Harry Kellerman
08-09-2003, 10:39 PM
She's gross and she makes stupid synth pop that any retard with a drum machine and a juno-60 can. I saw her/them opening for Queens of the Stoneage and Trail of Dead about a year ago. Almost the entire crowd walked out of the room ten minutes into her set, which provoked her to insult the few people who stayed by telling everybody how much of a musical genius she is and how we were all idiots. Kelly Osbourne was there, too. When Peaches went on a miracle happened: Kelly was no longer the least attractive, most foul-mouthed and tasteless woman in the room.

Fattening Ass
08-09-2003, 11:55 PM
:noway:

Debaser
08-10-2003, 12:06 AM
peaches is one of the most entertaining and hilarious acts i've ever seen. im so there, dude.

Guen
08-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Harry Kellerman
She's gross and she makes stupid synth pop that any retard with a drum machine and a juno-60 can. I saw her/them opening for Queens of the Stoneage and Trail of Dead about a year ago. Almost the entire crowd walked out of the room ten minutes into her set, which provoked her to insult the few people who stayed by telling everybody how much of a musical genius she is and how we were all idiots. Kelly Osbourne was there, too. When Peaches went on a miracle happened: Kelly was no longer the least attractive, most foul-mouthed and tasteless woman in the room.

if you can call her "foul-mouthed," you obviously don't get it.

Mason R Butler
08-10-2003, 05:39 AM
Pshh, like I need her crotch in my face again.

DeadSwan
08-10-2003, 08:49 PM
i would like to go. dancing to peaches is the fucking best. or that cameltoe song by fannypack. ahhhhh

simple pleasures

Tessellation
08-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Guen


if you can call her "foul-mouthed," you obviously don't get it.



I'm sick of people like you telling others that because they don't like a musical act they "don't get it". Peaches sounds like a cunt...

Mayfuck
08-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Tessellation




I'm sick of people like you telling others that because they don't like a musical act they "don't get it". Peaches sounds like a cunt...

Exactly. I "get" Peaches and know what she's all about, but she's still crap.

THRILLHO
08-11-2003, 12:55 AM
i like peaches' music a lot, but i think it sucks that she's totally ugly. imagine if a hot 20 year old was doing what she does. it would be changing everything.

sawdust restaurants
08-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Mayfuck
I "get" Peaches and know what she's all about, but she's still crap.

Good for you. Have a cookie. The fact that you "get it" and think she sucks is cool, but that doesn't make people who don't get the schtick and take it at face value any less annoying.

Besides, what's wrong with making music that "any retard with a drum machine and a juno-60 can"? That's the whole fucking point of rock and roll.

Harry Kellerman
08-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants


Good for you. Have a cookie. The fact that you "get it" and think she sucks is cool, but that doesn't make people who don't get the schtick and take it at face value any less annoying.

Besides, what's wrong with making music that "any retard with a drum machine and a juno-60 can"? That's the whole fucking point of rock and roll.

What I meant was that on top of shitty lyrics that are dirty for the sake of being dirty, there is absolutely nothing special about the music. I agree that rock and roll doesn't need to have musical talent to be seen as a good act, but usually in these cases the lyrics and songwriting make up for the lack of musicianship ten fold (ie Eels, Old Time Relijun, Nirvana). Peaches obviously comes nowhere near to compensating for her lack of musical effort/ability with lyrics (in fact I'd say that the lyrics actually surpass the music in awfulness).


If I don't get it, that's fine, I don't want to.

pink_ribbon_scars
08-11-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Debaser
peaches is one of the most entertaining and hilarious acts i've ever seen. im so there, dude.

I second this!

I'll be at the Chicago show if I can afford it. I prioritized Mogwai tickets and just bought those, but Peaches is completely fun.

shaniqua
08-11-2003, 04:46 PM
her lyrics are hilarious, fun and empowering. fuck the hatas.

rkjr
08-11-2003, 05:06 PM
I really want to go to the Baltimore show, but I don't think my parents could handle all the hotpinkhotsex. I'll ask my one friend who can actually drive to take me.

aldango
08-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Oh.

God.

No.

GOD NO!!! *cries*