View Full Version : Pajo did not leave Zwan.

VegasPumpkin
08-08-2003, 09:51 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1953155

Bassist Paz Lenchantin has exited modern rock act Zwan, according to a note she sent to the Web site Simplypaz.com. The artist plans to join fellow Zwan member David Pajo's Papa M project for a new album and tour, beginning Oct. 4 in Chicago. Pajo tells Billboard.com his status in Zwan is unchanged but that the group is presently taking a break.

"My experience with Zwan has been great but it is time for me to move on to new projects," Lenchantin wrote. The Billy Corgan-led group has been inactive since abruptly canceling its entire summer European tour due to "family matters." A spokesperson did not respond to a request for comment.

Zwan's Reprise debut, "Mary, Star of the Sea," never reached the heights of Corgan's prior outfit, Smashing Pumpkins. Released in February, it debuted at No. 3 on The Billboard 200 and has sold only 267,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.

As for Papa M, Pajo says the upcoming shows with Lenchantin will focus on "songs we've written together recently. Paz and I haven't been writing together for that long, but we probably have 10 songs," Pajo says. "It usually takes me forever to write one song!" Oxes member Chris Freeland will join the pair on drums.

Papa M's most recent album was 2001's "Whatever, Mortal." Pajo has also released three separate three-track Papa M singles this year via Drag City.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

This is good news. Better news than I've heard about Zwan.

CandyPotter
08-08-2003, 09:53 PM
Yay. I never thought he left, but it's a sigh of relief. Thanks for the tidbit.

Boycott Graceland
08-08-2003, 10:15 PM
yay skullfisher.

TotalZero
08-08-2003, 10:47 PM
So has there ever been any word on what the "family matters" were? Whose family matters? What happened? You don't end a tour without some kind of serious conflict.

Which is really sad to me, because when I saw Zwan in April in Houston, it was CLEARLY a group of people enjoying the crap out of what they were doing! Billy was enjoying it, Paz was enjoying it, Jimmy was enjoying it... it's hard to tell Pajo & Sweeney, but I am pretty sure it was a fun time had by all!

Hopefully nothing catastrophic happened to our Zwan :( A good band helps Billy make good music..... While I'm a fan of the entire group as a whole, I live the Corgan songs the best...

-Michael

VegasPumpkin
08-08-2003, 10:50 PM
from what I understand "family matters" meant "band matters"

starlightvideoproductions
08-09-2003, 03:39 AM
Family Matters fuckin rocked. urkle was teh man!

ZackZ
08-09-2003, 04:17 AM
God. Who gives a fuck about Pajo. Anyone that thinks spoken word is a viable form of art in the rock forum is clearly a jackass.

severin
08-09-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by ZackZ
God. Who gives a fuck about Pajo. Anyone that thinks spoken word is a viable form of art in the rock forum is clearly a jackass. i wanna see you telling this henry rollins face to face...

Deege
08-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Pez and Bolly broke up.:stan:

x_blue_x
08-09-2003, 06:49 AM
i was looking for some more photographs from yelena on the web and i've found this on googlism (last line is interesting) :

yelena yemchuk

yelena yemchuk is a visual artist best known for her hauntingly beautiful work with the smashing pumpkins
yelena yemchuk is absolutely amazing and not only because she caught billy but because she is like a totally talented photographer and who
yelena yemchuk is in there
yelena yemchuk is
yelena yemchuk is reported to be in her first trimester with the little corgan

source : http://www.googlism.com/who_is/y/yelena_yemchuk/

i've tried to find more info about that rumour, but i couldn't find anything so.....might be wrong, might be right....?

bonsor
08-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by severin
i wanna see you telling this henry rollins face to face... :D

and it is a relief to hear this. otherwise, djali zwan was going to suck.