View Full Version : new belle and sebastian album title/tracklisting

patrick
08-06-2003, 01:05 AM
great album title. but UGH. they're opening with a shitty stevey song. WHAT THE FUCK. THIS COMPLETELY DISRPUTS THE HARMONY OF B&S ALBUMS OPENING WITH STUART STRUMMING HIS GUITAR AND SINGING QUIETLY AND THEN HAVING THE SONG KICK UP HALF WAY THROUGH AODFHWIJKEFJHOWEFIJOWEFIRWE$FGTW#E$OTFIUWERY*(Q@#R Y*(@Q#Y*(R@#(*#Q@

but other than that it looks good. ROY WALKER made it. yeeeaahh.

-

from tinymixtapes.com

Details of Belle and Sebastian's new album, painful breakup with Matador

Billboard reports that Scottish rawkers Belle and Sebastian will release their latest album, entitled, "Dear Catastophe Waitress" on October 7th. The album will bare the Rough Trade label, thus ending their torrid love affair with Matador. It was reported Matador got too "clingy". The album is to be produced by Trevor Horn who has worked with such other Matador exiles as Seal and Rod Stewart.

For their part, Matador is already underway exacting revenge. They plan to release a Belle and Sebastian DVD, to be named "For Fans Only" sometime in the fall. The DVD will feature Music Videos, Live Footage, TV appearances and those naked photos of Stuart Murdoch taken one drunken evening.

Speaking of drunken evening, Bright Eyes have been tapped to open for the Belles on their three date tour later this month.

Tracklisting for "Dear Catastrophe Waitress"
1. Step Into My Office, Baby
2. Dear Catastrophe Waitress
3. If She Wants Me
4. Roy Walker
5. (I Believe in) Travellin' Light
6. Asleep on the Sunbeam
7. Piazza, New York Catcher
8. You Don't Send Me
9. Wrapped Up in Books
10. Lord Anthony
11. If I Find Yourself Caught in Love
12. I'm A Cuckoo
13. Stay Loose

patrick
08-06-2003, 02:00 AM
another grief-causing event that spurns from this album is the fact that tony doogan, b&s' long time producer, apparently has nothing to do with this. yet the TATU producer does. i hope the style won't be radically different :erm :erm

Boycott Graceland
08-06-2003, 02:08 AM
i have this sick feeling that this album isn't going to be very good...

patrick
08-06-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland
i have this sick feeling that this album isn't going to be very good... no, i have the feeling it will suffer the same fate as fold your hands child -- it will have plenty of fantastic tracks nestled in with bad ones, thus causing people to ignore the good songs and proclaim it "worst b&s album ever"

half of these songs have been played live already, here's the rundown on a few:

step into my office baby: utter stevie bullshit awful arrgh terrible
roy walker: a stuart classic from 1998 or so. used to be played live a lot. FANTASTIC song. so glad it's finally getting an official release
if you find yourself caught in love: one of the best "dancy" songs that stuart has yet to write, right up there with 'there's too much love'. great lyrics too. jenniferkate doesn't like it, though, but that's because she's haggardly and smitten with being an angsty, bitter old woman

strange_one
08-06-2003, 03:58 AM
<font color=33FFFF> hope it's better than that storytelling shit</font>

Nothing/everything
08-06-2003, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by strange_one
<font color=33FFFF> hope it's better than that storytelling shit</font>

exactly. the only B&S disc that'll never hit my cd player again.

patrick
08-06-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by strange_one
<font color=33FFFF> hope it's better than that storytelling shit</font> the instrumentals on it were pleasant

the stuart songs (black and white unite, big john shaft, i don't want to play football) were all great

fucking stevie is ruining the band. his songs are always awful. uggh

Boycott Graceland
08-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by failure
the stuart songs (black and white unite, big john shaft, i don't want to play football) were all great
i liked that one stevie song on there...i think it's "wandering alone."

i hope someone's going to tape these upcoming shows in LA and NYC so we can get a better idea of what the album will sound like. in fact, i think i'll post about it in the traders forum right now.

patrick
08-06-2003, 04:00 PM

wandering alone brought stevie from the second to seventh layer of hell

Boycott Graceland
08-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by failure
wandering alone brought stevie from the second to seventh layer of hell
you're just angry cause you can't dance!

James is Cool
08-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Is it just me, or is there a ridiculous number of new albums coming out this fall from pretty well-established, well-respected bands? Belle and Sebastian, Modest Mouse, Death Cab For Cutie, Elliott Smith, Mates of State, the Strokes, etc.

Wowee zowee.

Helena Handbasket
08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by James is Cool

Wowee zowee.

no honey, pavement broke up awhile ago. :(

Helena Handbasket
08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I know. That was bad.

James is Cool
08-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Nah. I chortled.

DeadSwan
08-06-2003, 11:01 PM

i hope someone's going to tape these upcoming shows in LA and NYC so we can get a better idea of what the album will sound like. in fact, i think i'll post about it in the traders forum right now.

i'm probably going to the one in nyc. well. it's a "free" open-air show that actually costs $30, but i figure i can just stand outside by the puny little chain link fence and have a free listen.

and i believe that i am the only person who likes stevie. he's so cute. his songs are pretty fucking gay, but i like gay shit.

patrick
08-07-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by DeadSwan

and i believe that i am the only person who likes stevie. he's so cute. his songs are pretty fucking gay, but i like gay shit. see, the thing is, stevie is a great great guitarist. he's responsible for the majority of b&s' great guitar lines and electric handywork. HOWEVER, he's a shitty songwriter. he suffers the same symptoms that james iha did.