View Full Version : did anyone actually have faith in Djali?

Age Of Empathy
08-05-2003, 09:12 PM
From the moment I heard that Paz and her sister were going to join Djali to make an album and tour, I was pessimistic. The success of True Poets was certainly not as large as most people anticipated, and having the same band (effectively) put out another acoustic record that year is a risky move. Let's face it, DjaliZwan probably would not have received much immediate success even if they went through the whole process of releasing an album and touring after it ... so what the hell was the point? The majority of fans would have been content with another mini-tour as Djali.

Toby
08-05-2003, 09:17 PM
yup.

Ugly
08-05-2003, 09:31 PM
I'm looking forward to it, but I enjoy my rock zwan more.

Enzed
08-05-2003, 09:56 PM
Acoustic Zwan sucks (in the most).

Metal Zwan is where it's at.

sarasvati
08-05-2003, 10:27 PM
they should have just stuck to touring and playing small venues all along.

dishpan
08-06-2003, 12:29 AM
if youd actually listened to the djalizwan bootlegs youd know how amazing they are.

Ugly
08-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by dishpan
if youd actually listened to the djalizwan bootlegs youd know how amazing they are.

I do. They're alright. I simply like distortion, screaming, electirc guitars and crazy drumming better.

Age Of Empathy
08-06-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by sarasvati
they should have just stuck to touring and playing small venues all along.

agreed. They should have just done maybe ten or so dates.

CandyPotter
08-06-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy
From the moment I heard that Paz and her sister were going toso what the hell was the point? The majority of fans would have been content with another mini-tour as Djali.

Yeah, well, except for that minor detail of Warner Bros.' expectation that they promote their album.

sawdust restaurants
08-06-2003, 04:02 PM
I want metal Zwan.

Wiggy
08-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by dishpan

I like loud electric guitars to, but some times you just wanna chill and listen to acoustic sets. I have faith in djali and they have great songs.

Ugly
08-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sawdust restaurants
I want metal Zwan.

I want metal Zwan.

I want metal Zwan.

I want metal Zwan.

I want metal Zwan.

I want metal Zwan.

Caine Walker
08-06-2003, 05:23 PM
yes! i've been saying that.

BRING IT NOW, B0LLY!1

Junebug
08-06-2003, 06:54 PM
I can not wait to hear stuff from/something like what they were doing in Nov/Dec 2001. Those songs just blow me away.

Nova
08-06-2003, 06:57 PM
I would love to hear a Zwan acoustic album.

At the same time I'd like to hear Zwan get more expiremental with their songs, if not that then at least harder, or more progressive... just look at the talent in the band.