View Full Version : APC at Berklee

El Savior
08-04-2003, 10:01 PM
the show was great but it was waaaaay fucking short. that's the first thing i gotta say.

the setlist was like the other shows as far as i know:

lullabye/pet
the hollow
magdalena
weak and powerless
orestes
rose
thinking of you
the package
3 libras
thomas
the outsider
the nurse who loved me
judith

the new songs were really good especially 'pet' and 'the package' which were fucking amazing. they sounded good, i like the line up. jeordie and james fit nicely. the acoustics in the place were unreal. it's the best sound i've ever heard at a concert. they were strict as hell, they wouldn't let you bring anything in, they enough took away lighters. it was funny after the there were people everywhere walking around with cigarettes looking for lighters.

good show. too short. albums gonna ruuuule.

GrungeGuy
08-04-2003, 10:15 PM
how were they about Photography. If you managed to sneak a camera in, were they trying to take them away?

El Savior
08-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by GrungeGuy
how were they about Photography. If you managed to sneak a camera in, were they trying to take them away?

i didn't see any flashes. it would've been really hard to sneak a camera in there, they were giving really hardcore pat downs.

i know the show was recorded, they have a couple songs from it at that website gil posted. i have no idea how recording equipment could've possibly been snuck in. it must've been an inside job.

GrungeGuy
08-04-2003, 10:21 PM
are the songs online? All I have heard is the single, Pet, and Nurse. I am seeing them tomorrow and I REALY wanna hear the others first.

Swuggie83
08-06-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by El Savior
really hardcore pat downs.
<font color="#0080ff">At the DC show, I saw a pregnant lady getting inspected to see if there was really a baby inside. She also had a pack of cigs which they thoroughly perused too. They also checked all cell phones for cameras and even made my boyfriend dispose of the battery to the miniflashlight on his keychain. Next thing... U.S. airport-like security.

distance
08-06-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Swuggie83

At the DC show, I saw a pregnant lady getting inspected to see if there was really a baby inside. She also had a pack of cigs which they thoroughly perused too. They also checked all cell phones for cameras and even made my boyfriend dispose of the battery to the miniflashlight on his keychain. Next thing... U.S. airport-like security.

that's insane. i've nEVER run into security like that at the 930 club. i think that security in general there is mostly lax (at the door) unless the band specifically specifies otherwise.
i've NEVER been patted down there.

BlueStar
08-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by distance

that's insane. i've nEVER run into security like that at the 930 club. i think that security in general there is mostly lax (at the door) unless the band specifically specifies otherwise.
i've NEVER been patted down there.

They had all new rules just the APC show. They weren't allowing anything in and did a thorough search of everyone and everything. It was insane.

Netphorian Gadabout
08-07-2003, 08:54 AM
I talked to one of the bouncers I know who worked the NorVa show and he said Maynard demands all kinds of ridiculous shit like those insane patdowns. He said both this year, and when APC played there in 2001 that Maynard wanted all security and even the club owner to leave the club before soundchecking and stuff.

Weird guy.

distance
08-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Pumpkins23836
I talked to one of the bouncers I know who worked the NorVa show and he said Maynard demands all kinds of ridiculous shit like those insane patdowns. He said both this year, and when APC played there in 2001 that Maynard wanted all security and even the club owner to leave the club before soundchecking and stuff.
Weird guy.

it's not like it stops people from taping or taking pictures anyway.

GrungeGuy
08-07-2003, 02:35 PM
I have never seen the security so tight at the NYC show in my life. There was not only the venue security but the band had their own guys. They were even checking every person for cell phone cameras. When the show started the bouncers were in the crowd taking cameras and kicking people out. usually they just stay by the baracades and tell you not to flash. they even had guys in the balcony spoting the crowd. I managed to get mine in, but I didn't even bother taking it out. Maynard is such a freak.
On a side not at the NYC show my friend Shelia(who is an attractive girl) was approached by someone who worked for the band and was handed a backstage pass and the guy said to her "Maynard loves the ladies" She asked for a pass for her boy friend who was standing right next to her and the guy said it is for girls only. She went to the aftershow and said it was so strange. They told her that if she even asked Maynard for a photo she would be ejected. It was a weird kind of meet and greet. The guy who worked for the band said Jeoride is gonna love you. He introduced them, she went to shake his hand and he hugged her. She said Maynard was really quiet and was eating a bananna. Overall she said it was one of the strangest experiences of her life.

Mood ring
08-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Maynard = Diva = Lame.

But if that what it takes for him to sing so amazingly, o' well i guess.

shaniqua
08-07-2003, 05:40 PM
i bet james is the only one that doesn't have a groupie scout, too. heh.