View Full Version : attn: people who sing loud at concerts


Boycott Graceland
08-04-2003, 08:08 PM
please shut up. it's people like you who completely ruined this grandaddy bootleg i'm listening to.


regards,

the management

guz
08-04-2003, 08:20 PM
people, please stop enjoying the show you paid to attend...i'd like to enjoy it later.

kthxbye.

Boycott Graceland
08-04-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by guz
people, please stop enjoying the show you paid to attend...i'd like to enjoy it later.
no, i'm pretty sure i'd be pissed off at a drunk guy trying to sing the keyboard line to "am 180" at the top of his lungs even if i was there.

Thoughtless
08-04-2003, 08:27 PM
no!

D.
08-04-2003, 08:27 PM
haha, at both zwan shows and all the kill hannah shows i sing as loud as i can. why?
i pay alot of money/time to see them.
move if you don't like it; that is, if it's general admission.

but even when i sing, it's not like anyone could hear it on a bootleg. the music drowns me out.

machinaddict
08-04-2003, 08:35 PM
I noticed that some jackass loved to scream once every 10 seconds during the intro to nearly every song on a sigur ros boot I listened to today. I mean, come on.

mirrar
08-04-2003, 09:24 PM
if i love a band, and i'm really into the live performance they're putting on, it's REFLEX to sing. i don't even realize i'm doing it!

Injektilo
08-04-2003, 11:01 PM
I can understand singing along to a concert, hell I do it too, but at the top of your lungs? c'mon, i'm sorry, but you suck. So don't do it.

D.
08-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Injektilo
I can understand singing along to a concert, hell I do it too, but at the top of your lungs? c'mon, i'm sorry, but you suck. So don't do it.
well, i don't do top of my lungs, but...

twice
08-05-2003, 02:50 PM
stop moving, too.

shaniqua
08-05-2003, 03:04 PM
i mouth the words. people paid to hear the singer/s, not me.

Boycott Graceland
08-05-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
i mouth the words. people paid to hear the singer/s, not me.
thank you, pale princess.

D.
08-05-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by twice
stop moving, too.
lol

no ROCK ON signs either, people.
PEOPLE CAN'T SEE THE SINGER IF I PUT MY HANDS UP OH SHIT

In-Valid
08-05-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
i mouth the words. people paid to hear the singer/s, not me.

me too, partly because of your reason & partly because I am very aware of my lack of vocal skills and the trauma it may cause those within earshot.

Of course I do the tried & true cheesey sing-along's when requested by the artist. (it's especially gratifying to hear someone SHOUT the vocals instead of singing along to it......perhaps in an attempt to get the artist to hear them specifically or maybe to let everyone around them know they have read the official lyrics & know them by heart) :D

in any case, I'm more perturbed by the guy's doing a circlejerk slamdancing routine to 3 libras or Spaceboy then I am to someone who sings along to the songs.

sarasvati
08-05-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
i mouth the words. people paid to hear the singer/s, not me.


i do that too. :) especially if i'm taping, ... i don't think anyone wants to hear my voice on the tape :o

oui henri
08-05-2003, 06:49 PM
I apologize to anyone who has the stones show in t.o. taped...there was some drug-induced keyboard sing-along to Rush's tom sawyer courtesy of my boyfriend and I. We're the best damn air-keyboardists out there. Oh winner!

shaniqua
08-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by oui henri
I apologize to anyone who has the stones show in t.o. taped...there was some drug-induced keyboard sing-along to Rush's tom sawyer courtesy of my boyfriend and I. We're the best damn air-keyboardists out there. Oh winner!

dude. sometimes you can't HELP but do-do, do-do, do-do, DOO-do, do-do, do-do along to tom sawyer! :cool:

Caine Walker
08-06-2003, 05:28 PM
if people can sing on key, then i have no problem with them. it's when a person has no concept of how horrible he or she is that i get irritated.

AndySlash
08-06-2003, 05:36 PM
I only sing when I'm drunk at shows. Then I feel bad later, cuz I'm one of those with no vocal skills.

Ghetto_Squirrel
08-06-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
i mouth the words. people paid to hear the singer/s, not me.

Damn right. If you're going to see a band live, you can very well have fun without being an inconsiderate ass.

Helena Handbasket
08-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Kenzie and I have decided that there's a lot more funny if you just say:

"Thanks,
-Mgmt."

:)

Boycott Graceland
08-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Helena Handbasket
Kenzie and I have decided that there's a lot more funny if you just say:

"Thanks,
-Mgmt."

:)
it has been noted and will be taken in to consideration.

MstrGhost
08-07-2003, 03:18 PM
and btw, TURN OFF YOUR CELS!

That can really ruin a bootleg because of interference.

twice
08-07-2003, 03:59 PM
yeah, and stop breathing loud. or just stop breathing altogether, i want to hear the sound a singer makes when his voice transitions from a B flat to a D flat.

D.
08-07-2003, 05:30 PM
stop moving, too!

everyone, just stand there please. and listen. clap ONLY WHEN THE SONG IS DONE.

DO NOT TALK TO YOUR NEIGHBOR, EITHER. THAT'S RUDE.

Boycott Graceland
08-07-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by David
stop moving, too!

everyone, just stand there please. and listen. clap ONLY WHEN THE SONG IS DONE
whatever floats your boat, kiddo.

D.
08-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Boycott Graceland

whatever floats your boat, kiddo.
SARCASM

pale blue eyes
08-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
i mouth the words. people paid to hear the singer/s, not me.

bonsor
08-07-2003, 07:53 PM
http://******.net/archives/ofabrokenheart.mp3

D.
08-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ******
http://******.net/archives/ofabrokenheart.mp3
i remember when you first posted that.

lol

Gumby
08-07-2003, 08:24 PM
I went the to pearl jam concert early this year and I was sing and standing dancing etc and I had people behing me start saying sit down shut up and im like


IF YOU WANT TO SIT DOWN AND LISTEN TO PEARL JAM PAY $30 FOR THE CD I WORKED MY ARSE OFF FOR THIS $90 TICKET AND IM GONNA DANCE IF I WANT TO:mad:

bonsor
08-07-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by David

i remember when you first posted that.

lol i don't even want to listen to it. last time i did i just buried my fucking head into the pillow and groaned as loudly as i could. next time i see matt, im going to apologize like a fucking madman.

D.
08-07-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ******
i don't even want to listen to it. last time i did i just buried my fucking head into the pillow and groaned as loudly as i could. next time i see matt, im going to apologize like a fucking madman.
it's kinda funny, in a trainwreck sort of way.

Boycott Graceland
08-08-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by David

SARCASM
DERR

oui henri
08-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Gumby
I went the to pearl jam concert early this year and I was sing and standing dancing etc and I had people behing me start saying sit down shut up and im like


IF YOU WANT TO SIT DOWN AND LISTEN TO PEARL JAM PAY $30 FOR THE CD I WORKED MY ARSE OFF FOR THIS $90 TICKET AND IM GONNA DANCE IF I WANT TO:mad:

at work, i get this all of the time.

everyone is standing and enjoying the show and i get these people who come up to me asking me to tell everyone to sit down.

of course i don't. That's ridiculous.

Kill The Poor
08-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Stop going to shows. It obscures my view of the band when I download the mpeg of the show.