View Full Version : Critique wanted on new song

The machine of god
08-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Recorded this a couple of days ago. Everyone I've shown it to has been pretty impressed but I'd like to see what others think. It can be found at http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3256&alid=692

Please post all comments (good or bad!) in this thread.

Thanks,
Neill

Mood ring
08-02-2003, 10:17 PM
this song has potential and I think its right at 1:28, the drop-off part. thats a nice thing going on from then on until 2:12 and the "clothes will RUNNNN!!!" eeeks. its a little off-key and I kinda winced. maybe its not so much the off-key thing as it seems pushed a bit too much.

the moments leading up to the 1:28 part are fine, but...i like the tone of the voice and the scratchy'esque of it, but I think the 'less is more' philo could work here. Pull everything back on the voice just a wee-bit, volume, reverb, effort...it seems a bit forced when just singing easy would do, for 'The Easy'.

so, there it is. You putting together a demo or something? good luck. rock on!

The machine of god
08-04-2003, 07:29 PM
This recording is jsut one of many 1-off demos I've made. Will probably collate them into something more cohesive at some point. Thanks for the comments, anyone else care to through in their 2 cents?

oclaftap
08-04-2003, 10:44 PM
its pretty good, i like the sound of the guitar in the beginning