View Full Version : apparently chicago is not a limp bizkit town

wounded
07-30-2003, 11:14 AM
http://www.nme.com/news/105710.htm

BIZKIT BROKEN

LIMP BIZKIT stormed off stage at the weekend, after being pelted with plastic bottles, boos and chants of 'Fuck off FRED DURST'.

Thirty minutes into the band's Summer Sanitarium show outside of Chicago on Saturday (July 26) at Hawthrone Racetrack, the singer retaliated with a storm of swearing before walking away from the volatile 40,000 fans.

According to Bob Gendron from the Chicago Tribune, the ill feeling towards the band had been building throughout the day. He told MTV: "From the very beginning of the show, there were people in the crowd with 'Fred Sucks' banners, and every time one of the other bands mentioned Limp Bizkit, (the audience) booed."

Durst was met with showers of bottles and other missiles as soon as he appeared onstage. After crouching down and trying to ignore the barrage, he started to call the crowd "fucking pussies".

After their cover of George Michael's 'Faith' he left the stage, just six songs into what was supposed to be an hour-long set.

In other news, Durst has revealed that the long-awaited follow-up to 'Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog-Flavoured Water' is "done" and will now be released in September or October.

He said "There's eighteen songs, and I'd like to get them all on there," adding, "The saddest song is called 'Drown'. It's about realising it's getting close to the end. Things are getting crazy. It's my cry for someone to save me before I drown."

Published: 29-07-2003-11-35

MercuryChild
07-30-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by wounded

"The saddest song is called 'Drown'. It's about realising it's getting close to the end. Things are getting crazy. It's my cry for someone to save me before I drown."

ah hahahahahaha

Gpub
07-30-2003, 12:07 PM
What a homo

G.

Eulogy
07-30-2003, 12:23 PM
Fuck yes.

Now I kind of wish I'd gone to see the Deftones and witness that buisness. Would have been fun.

sppunk
07-30-2003, 12:55 PM
They have, and always will, fucking blow.

Tessellation
07-31-2003, 02:01 AM
LOL, they totally deserved it.

But so do Metallica and the other bands on that horrible bill. Limp's new single is tanking.

matt reeder
07-31-2003, 02:30 AM
A good friend of mine went to that. He said it was equally awful and hilarious.

Ihaman
07-31-2003, 02:43 AM
no matter where you are

i can still hear you when you drown.

that's such a wonderful song

cashcarbodies
07-31-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Tessellation
LOL, they totally deserved it. Limp's new single is tanking.

Very true. I didn't know they had a new single though. Is it "Crack Addict?" (Sample lyric: "That's right I'm a crack addict/Addicted to cracking fools who start static!") But you know what's really funny? Somewhere far away, Wes Borland is smiling gleefully in agreeance with these recent transgressions.

Goodnight children.

Boycott Graceland
07-31-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by wounded
It's about realising it's getting close to the end. Things are getting crazy. It's my cry for someone to save me before I drown."

kay guys, no matter how much he screams or cries like a bitch, no one throw him a lifesaver.

creutzfeld
07-31-2003, 11:23 AM
Limp Bizkit don't have to do "sad" songs to make me cry...