View Full Version : Billy interview about Machina when it came out...

Marlon Brando
07-30-2003, 02:56 AM
My rock & roll - alternative music - has been co-opted, become something easily imitable. So when I seek inside myself for what I want to do, my guide is: Is it pushy? Is it edgy? Is it going to make people uncomfortable? For the first four years of the Pumpkins, we didn't get a lot of applause. We got a lot of head scratching.
Then we got a lot of applause and patted ourselves on the backs for being so smart. Look where it got us. It's hard to go back to the head scratching, but maybe that's what you gotta do. It is that uncomfortableness, that uncertainty, that is the heart of rock & roll.

Marlon Brando
07-30-2003, 02:58 AM
he also said...

I don't have any sentimental notion about how people are going to remember me. I'm prepared to spend the rest of my life playing clubs, if that means I'm playing music that I believe in. Don't forget, I've tasted the top. There were great moments, and there were shitty moments. But I won't go to my grave wondering what it was like. I hit a home run un the World Series. Even if they send me back to the minors, I did it.

spfreak
07-30-2003, 07:18 AM
*waits for disgusting yet amusing picture to arrive*

eraserhead
07-30-2003, 12:24 PM
poor marlon.

ofcourse billy still wants to be famous and stuff. why else did he release mary, full of pop songs that he thought would catapult him back to stardom. instead making a djali record or something for the fans, he went out and wrote a bunch of honestlies to get famous again.

dont get me wrong i like the pumpkins and zwan (and machina!) but dont worship billy.