View Full Version : Guess what I'm doing for supper...going to see smog!

neophyte
07-29-2003, 10:19 AM
yay! Tonight is the smog show in Asheville & my beau is zipping us down there. I'm so happy! I predict that it will rock & make everyone depressed. I promise a report on how it goes.

+neophyte+

Virex_Gaze6
07-29-2003, 10:48 AM
I saw them when they open for Spoon like a week ago. Was kind of boreing. They looked bored and not really into it.

neophyte
07-29-2003, 11:16 AM
But of course. He's a creepy-looking, depressing, alt-country, uninteresting rock baby. It's love!

shaniqua
07-29-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Graveflower
Worst pun ever.

hey, take it easy! it's probably the only album she knows.

neophyte
07-29-2003, 11:44 AM
Exactly. I must be excused. I make a point of throwing out all my old albums when a new release hits the stores. I only listen to the hottest music of the moment, you see.

neophyte
08-01-2003, 11:44 AM
So there it was: the smog show. I guess he's just as strange as you expect him to be, but he looks & acts nothing like you'd expect, if that makes sense. There were just a handful of people at the show, leaving me to wonder how on earth this venue stays open. When I went for [the rocking!] Crooked Fingers show at this place earlier in the year, there were only twenty people there. Maybe they have a killer karaoke night or something.

In any case, my beau hung around outside during some of the opening acts and made really awkward & unnecessary conversation Mr. Bill Callahan himself, and later on stage, Bill cranked out my faves from Knock, Knock & Dongs of Sevotion while boring holes through audience members with his eyes, acting weak in the knees, and thrusting his pelvis all over the place. The show was, in two words, cool & bizarre.